The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Re: Loui Eriksson.

Don't buy him out. Eat the salary. Talk to Dallas and offer them a seventh round pick to take Loui to assign to Texas of the AHL.

Why? As far as I know, Loui's rather massive family still lives in Texas from when he played for the Stars. Vancouver is rid of Loui and, most important, he isn't hanging around Abbotsford, which is where we'd like our prospects to develop free from having to play with a guy who is only there for the paycheque. Who wins? Dallas, Loui.,Vancouver (though they'd have to pay him) and Abbotsford. A win-win-win-win situation.

Thank you. Thank you very much. I'm here all week.

Pretty decent example of what not to do if Cull puts Eriksson in the press box where he belongs.

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Re: Loui Eriksson.

Don't buy him out. Eat the salary. Talk to Dallas and offer them a seventh round pick to take Loui to assign to Texas of the AHL.

Why? As far as I know, Loui's rather massive family still lives in Texas from when he played for the Stars. Vancouver is rid of Loui and, most important, he isn't hanging around Abbotsford, which is where we'd like our prospects to develop free from having to play with a guy who is only there for the paycheque. Who wins? Dallas, Loui.,Vancouver (though they'd have to pay him) and Abbotsford. A win-win-win-win situation.

Thank you. Thank you very much. I'm here all week.

It's going to take a lot more than a 7th to ship him to Dallas. Toronto had to pay a 1st to get rid of Marleau- and that was before the flat cap. (Same cap hit and term)

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

It's going to take a lot more than a 7th to ship him to Dallas. Toronto had to pay a 1st to get rid of Marleau- and that was before the flat cap. (Same cap hit and term)

I think he was saying to retain Loui's salary but just ship him out and let him play near home in the AHL.  

Not really sure why, as we've never heard that Loui is some sort of a bad influence on guys. Might actually be good to have him around the young guys.  The guys has nearly 1000 NHL games in his career and was a very good defensive player.  Not the worst guy to have around the young guys trying to make the NHL. 

21 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I think he was saying to retain Loui's salary but just ship him out and let him play near home in the AHL.  

Not really sure why, as we've never heard that Loui is some sort of a bad influence on guys. Might actually be good to have him around the young guys.  The guys has nearly 1000 NHL games in his career and was a very good defensive player.  Not the worst guy to have around the young guys trying to make the NHL. 

And he speaks Russian (at least, he used to yell "backcheck, backcheck" in Russian all the time to Goldy when they were on Petey's line in his rookie season)

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And he speaks Russian (at least, he used to yell "backcheck, backcheck" in Russian all the time to Goldy when they were on Petey's line in his rookie season)

Charles Bronson teaches Googlie Russian:

Try it out this weekend.:ph34r:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Charles Bronson teaches Googlie Russian:

Try it out this weekend.:ph34r:

Lol - I have, a few times (still in frequent contact with the mother of my godson, now a 14 yr old boy, in Ekaterinburg. She is the English language tutor who last summer  was giving zoom lessons to Russian army recruits, and a few of the Avtomobolist hockey team & their wives/gfs. Been there a couple of times, a really nice city)

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Ahh, thanks for the clarification

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

So relieved we still have this tank we need his truculence this dude is only getting better I hope he’s a fixture on our 4th line next year him and Big Mac become the new age bash bros.

Yeah, that would had been a good line with a Lind as the setup winger ?

12 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

@DeNiro I guess you got me there. 

@MattJVD Did it though? Deniro laid it out pretty good there for you. Obviously its a sum of all parts trade, but it does look like a 7th for cap dumps, in that context. 

Disaggree. The 7th is for Arizona to retain the 12% on their cap dump of OEL. Probably a late 1st to dump Eriksson, but our 1st was top 10 so Arizona had to give back the value it would take to move up from the mid 20s to 9th in the draft (Garland). Paid a 2nd to dump Beagle and Roussell too 

-1st round pick (9OA) + Eriksson for Garland.

-7th round pick for OEL with 12% retained.

-Beagle, Roussel, and a 2nd round pick for cap space.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, oldnews said:

Have always really - really - liked Kole Lind - but I was happy that the guy we retained post-expansion-draft is Gadjovich.

I think he fits our teams needs moreso than the skilled RW - I think Gadjovich has a comparable chance of commanding an NHL spot/career - and with the likes of Boeser, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Lockwood and now Klimovich in the organization......I think the fact he's a LW - with a heavier game - probably makes retaining Gadjovich the greater need.

100% agree

With our current lineup (especially with Garland) Lind just didn’t have a spot to grow into.

I have one lineup version with Gadjovich flanking Petey and Boeser on the top line. Just as a corners and goal-mouth guy obviously.

It makes really sweet 2nd and 3rd lines!