The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

9 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Lockwood can play C?? If he can, that would put a leg up in preseason!! 

MacEwen played several games in Utica as a center.  Lind and Bailey were sometime wingers on his line

Edited by Googlie

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

MacEwen played several games in Utica as a center.  Lind and Bailey were sometime wingers on his line

Oh good!! Time to prepare Z-Mac for some centre duties so he boost his own value on the team! 

I wonder what the chances are like for Lockwood and Gadjovich to stick with the big club!! 

49 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Oh good!! Time to prepare Z-Mac for some centre duties so he boost his own value on the team! 

I wonder what the chances are like for Lockwood and Gadjovich to stick with the big club!! 

Gadjovich we could lose on waivers sending him to AHL ? Will be interesting.. 

25 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Gadjovich we could lose on waivers sending him to AHL ? Will be interesting.. 

Not many players are picked up on waivers when teams are trimming rosters prior to opening night.  A team that picks Gadjovich off waivers would have to expose one of their own (unless sending a waiver exempt player down) to become  roster compliant, and we would have first dibs on any such player (the team that loses a player to waivers has the first claim on subsequent waived players)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 6:49 PM, Googlie said:

On 8/2/2021 at 9:58 PM, RakuRaku said:

when the Canucks were having injury troubles down the middle this year, green was asked by a reporter if they'd consider playing macewen at centre. travis literally laughed aloud, could barely contain himself, and said (paraphrasing), "no, I don't think we'll be trying macewen at centre."

For those who have watched Gadjovich closely, how is he on the forecheck?  He's clearly a very good net front presence and has a variety of skills that enable him to be dangerous at other parts of the ice, but I assume that since the knock on him is his skating ability, he's probably not the best on the forecheck?

Just curious if he could be a fit on a line with skilled players as the grinder who can be first on the puck and win board battles.  Board battles maybe, but first on the puck sounds like it might be more unlikely.

What if the Canucks did this.

Gadjovich - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Miller - Garland

Hogz - Bo - Podz

Just throwing it out there, We have  3 balanced dangerous lines.  I know this won’t happen but it shows just how deep we are if put Miller at centre and have Gadjovich crashing the front of the net with Petey and Boeser.  Dickinson would be our 4th line centre.  Sometimes it’s finding the right fit over skill level.  Like Burrows isn’t a first liner without the Sedins.  Green could experiment in camp and see if Gadjovich is the right fit.   

poke fun, idc, I likes it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Hogz - Bo - Podz

Just throwing it out there, We have  3 balanced dangerous lines.  I know this won’t happen but it shows just how deep we are if put Miller at centre and have Gadjovich crashing the front of the net with Petey and Boeser.  Dickinson would be our 4th line centre.  Sometimes it’s finding the right fit over skill level.  Like Burrows isn’t a first liner without the Sedins.  Green could experiment in camp and see if Gadjovich is the right fit.   

Jonah played big minutes in the AHL, and was very successful doing so.  Green would be ecstatic if Jonah could play 5 on 5 with Petey and Bess.  I don’t think it’s likely though, unless he has greatly Improved his quickness.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jonah played big minutes in the AHL, and was very successful doing so.  Green would be ecstatic if Jonah could play 5 on 5 with Petey and Bess.  I don’t think it’s likely though, unless he has greatly Improved his quickness.  

Good thing he’s playing with 3 who are able to slow the game down, especially Hughes and Petey.  Pete just dangle the puck around with Boeser and Hughes until Gadjovich plants himself in front of the net.  I’d like to see Green try it just to see.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Good thing he’s playing with 3 who are able to slow the game down, especially Hughes and Petey.  Pete just dangle the puck around with Boeser and Hughes until Gadjovich plants himself in front of the net.  I’d like to see Green try it just to see.  

Would be huge for our club if Jonah makes the roster in any capacity. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Hogz - Bo - Podz

No one would mess with Petey either.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Gadjovich has a long long way before ever being considered a 1st or 2nd line NHLer. 

lets hope he has a good year in Abby. Then go form there. Hes gotta Prove himself first. 

Gadjovich had a great year with 15 goals in 19 games.  He’s 22, been seasoning for 4 years.   He’ll be fine. 

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Hogz - Bo - Podz

I said this a month or so ago. Even if it didn't work out, it's still worth giving it a shot. 

Someone who crashes, bangs, has the skill to put the puck in the net, and who will stick up for his teammates.

Petey needs to improve on face-offs.

Is Gadjovich actually subject to waivers this year lien someone said a few posts ago?  I thought he was exempt for another year.

I have hopes for him but he is a really long shot this year for a few reasons.

1.  We are almost certainly going to carry 8D with Juolevi, Schenn, Rathbone and Hunt all in the mix for 1 actual roster spot, with two more being spares.  That means only one spare forward spot for a 13th man.

2.  We have a ton of extra depth bodies that he is competing against who are farther along in their careers.

3.  It might take seeing him play in the AHL for a while to see if last years was a mirage or not.  It was the weakest AHL league we have ever seen as almost all the best players were on NHL taxi squads.  Each AHL team basically gave up their 6 best players.  He was playing against mostly weaker ECHL level competition last year so that likely inflated his numbers and play.  He probably  needs to show probably 1/4 of the season down there against real competition to see if his play keeps up and then get an injury call up.