Sign in to follow this  
Canucksin2013

Michael DiPietro | G

18 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Any chance this kid can sign and join Utica at seasons end for some pro experience? just to be around the Comets locker room for some prep for the regular season?  Maybe toss him in a few practices too as an extra goalie?  (If he is not already signed)

He can join the Comets after his junior season ends and doesn't need to be under a NHL contract.  I doubt he would see any game action however.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

He can join the Comets after his junior season ends and doesn't need to be under a NHL contract.  I doubt he would see any game action however.

I would take that without hesitation.  It would be a great learning experience for him for sure.

• Upvote 2

Seven shutouts ...one more to tie the record in the OHL...

This really shows how he can clamp a game down when he gets close to a shutout...that is the type of goalie you can go to war with...

• Hydration 1

OHL coaches poll names DiPietro the Western Conference’s best puckhandling goaltender and 3rd best goalie in shootouts.

EDIT: Also, here’s a cool fancy stats tidbit from PITB:

http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/canucks-prospects-gadjovich-dipietro-and-brassard-earn-plaudits-in-ohl-coaches-poll-1.23203458

“According to Prospect-Stats, DiPietro led the OHL in Adjusted Goals Saved Above Average (Adj.GSAA), saving the Spitfires 40.592 goals more than the average OHL goaltender would facing the same shots. A lot of that comes from his .845 High-Danger Save Percentage (HDSV%), which was second behind Joseph Raaymakers in the OHL. At 5-on-5, DiPietro’s HDSV% of .862 led all OHL goaltenders with at least 20 games played.”

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

One more game tomorrow for Windsor and then their season is over. Wonder if the Canucks will send DiPietro to Utica for some practice time...

19 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

One more game tomorrow for Windsor and then their season is over. Wonder if the Canucks will send DiPietro to Utica for some practice time...

Windsor won 3-2 DiPietro didn't play in net....

On 17/03/2018 at 8:24 PM, JamesBlondage said:

I think he has to play 1 more season in junior before he can suit up professionally for anyone but the Canucks.

What a beaut.  Hopefully he has added an inch since being drafted, that would be a huge bonus.

8 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

What a beaut.  Hopefully he has added an inch since being drafted, that would be a huge bonus.

Isn’t he about the same height as Jonathan Quick already?  He should really push Demko, which is great for us.

37 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Dipietro with a good game one with 43 saves in a 6-2 Windor win!

Was named first star tonight too.

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Isn’t he about the same height as Jonathan Quick already?  He should really push Demko, which is great for us.

Yeah I think quick and halak are the shortest.  Never hurts to add another inch though, especially if you're a goalie 

• Upvote 1

This guy is gonna be a #1 goalie in the NHL , mark my words .....i was so happy canucks drafted him after watching him play last year and than in the playoffs ....

On 3/18/2018 at 10:43 PM, Horvats_Big_Head said:

He could be way better than demko

Nope, and its not even close.    One is a blue chip prospect and rated as one of the best goalies currently not in NHL and other is a small, but feisty, goalie who may be able to play some pro hockey at some level but NHL would be a reach.

Your conclusions are often odd - this time even moreso.

56 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cat eater, I wish people would be careful getting on this kid's bandwagon.   He is structurally unsound for pro hockey in his style.  His compete level is insane but he will need to be stripped down and built back again and with his size, the probability of that working is very small.   There is a reason Team Canada kept him off the WJC team - he will be exposed.   Like I said, his compete level and desire to stop a puck are insane but he has no low coverage discipline, is a juicy rebound machine and needs to learn how to anticipate versus react which, again, is a hard thing for someone to "learn".    Every time I have watch him, I feel he is on the edge of letting something in.   I don't get that with Demko, for example, I get the opposite.

Compete level - great.   Translation to pro game - a loooooooong way to go.

• Upvote 2