The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

56 minutes ago, GrizzlyAdams said:

Windsor lost 4-2 today 

And it looks like DiPietro was injured, he left the game early in the 3rd and didn't return

Up to that point he made 28 saves on 31 shots

If he is in fact injured, Windsor is done 

Sounds like he’s injured:

http://windsorstar.com/sports/hockey/spitfires-lose-dipietro-to-injury-in-4-2-loss-to-sting/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Looks like he hyperextended his right knee, was on crutches after the game, and headed to the hospital for imaging. :( 

14 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

http://windsorstar.com/sports/hockey/spitfires-lose-dipietro-to-injury-in-4-2-loss-to-sting/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Looks like he hyperextended his right knee, was on crutches after the game, and headed to the hospital for imaging. :( 

That sucks. With Demko called up he may have gotten a game with the Comets if Windsor got eliminated this weekend.  The Comets have a 3 in 3 coming up next week starting on Thursday.

5 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

That sucks. With Demko called up he may have gotten a game with the Comets if Windsor got eliminated this weekend.  The Comets have a 3 in 3 coming up next week starting on Thursday.

Yeah, that could’ve lined up fairly well.

There’s always a chance it turns out to minor and they were just being cautious with the crutches and scans. DiPietro was quoted saying he hoped it wasn’t too bad (although what else would he say).

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2018 at 8:52 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The weight of carrying his team was too much for him.

12 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He will play! You know he’ll play! He’ll play on crutches! ;) 

What's also interesting from that pic is Igor Larionov. Turns out that is the son of the former Canuck. Seems to be a bit of a late bloomer.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

DiPietro won:

The Player of the Year Award

The Extra Mile Award

Community Service Award

Player of the year is self explanatory. The extra mile award is for the player who shows great commitment to the organization on and off the ice. The community service award is for the Spitfire that best represents the team at community events.

I've got concerns about the technical aspects of his game but I don't think anyone can question the kid's try, heart, attitude etc.

If there's anyone that can overcome his current technical issues, it's this kid. 

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I've got concerns about the technical aspects of his game but I don't think anyone can question the kid's try, heart, attitude etc.

If there's anyone that can overcome his current technical issues, it's this kid. 

My feelings as well.

I can only imagine what kind of tender you’d get if you could transfer DiPietro’s heart and athleticism into a prototypical big bodied puck blocker with all the modern techniques. That goalie would be a monster.

Still, like you said, there’s no counting out this kid. If anyone has the drive necessary to overcome his deficiencies, it’s DiPietro. I’m definitely rooting hard for him.

• Cheers 1