The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

On 06/05/2018 at 6:25 PM, Attila Umbrus said:

Oh come on, I think he's a good goalie lol. I'm not saying I want him in the NHL. But yes I do think he is a capable 3rd goalie, and could be an asset for our farm team till we get more goalies coming through our system. We have Demko and DiPietro. That's it.

Eddie Lack was a better understudy than Nilsson, that's for sure.

He was .912 and .921 in his two main seasons here 2013-14-15 in which he played 41 games in each.

Markstrom was .912 this season and Nilsson .901

17 hours ago, 420BEAR said:

Based on that haircut, id say he has a long way to go to get to the NHL.

58 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Bo (out the side of his mouth) "Put your hat on kid and don't embarrass me" :lol:

At least he can style his hair, personally I like parting my hair down the middle.  Bo on the other hand, yeah you can't do much with that.  He might wanna lay off the hats in the offseason and let those follicles breathe.  I am sure Boeser has mentioned this to him. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

That kid looks super young!  And Bo looks like our next Captain!!!!  Go Bo Go!!!!!!

Sad part is. He is doing a fine job being a leader even tho I've said id rather wait lol.  If he earns it. He can have it. My biggest gripe was him just getting it gifted to him.  Let's see how he takes Pettersson, Dahlen, Jasek, and Juolevi under his wing.  If he becomes the strongest leader and can show compassion and support for even those who threaten him getting the C. Then I may get on board. Just looking at how young DiPetro is. That's what he looked like 4-5 seasons ago lol.

The whole complexion of our locker room and the player dynamics are going go drastically change. I'm curious to see how it plays out. As long as everyone is focused on the teams success over their own I'm happy.  Gudbranson and Horvat are going to be huge contributors to the leadership in that dressing room.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Is Bo's head real big or is Micheal's real small?  ::D

Lol. Michael is just really small. Bo has that big build. His head must be proportionate since it doesn't stand out lol

On 2018-05-06 at 2:48 PM, cyoung said:

I'm definitely hoping to see him at the WJC. With hart moving on it seems like a sure bet. I hope windsor trades him to a better OHL contender though. 

I gotta see if I can get tix to Canada in Victoria.

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Lol. Michael is just really small. Bo has that big build. His head must be proportionate since it doesn't stand out lol

Ox have very large heads, don't they? B)

(I think Ox was Bo's nick-name in Junior?)

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Eddie Lack was a better understudy than Nilsson, that's for sure.

He was .912 and .921 in his two main seasons here 2013-14-15 in which he played 41 games in each.

Markstrom was .912 this season and Nilsson .901

He’s no slouch, and I think it’s important to get a vet back in the system like Bachman. He was very versatile for us. I know there will be lots of options out there. But Lack is the leader of the pack for me.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, tas said:

lack isn't and will never again be an nhl player. 

We don't need him to be an NHL player, just a veteran presence in Utica for when Demko gets called up to the NHL. The same role Bachman played this season. He would be 4th choice at best.

2 hours ago, wexcar said:

We don't need him to be an NHL player, just a veteran presence in Utica for when Demko gets called up to the NHL. The same role Bachman played this season. He would be 4th choice at best.

even that I'm not a fan of, because it's his attitude that prevents him from being an nhl player and that's not the veteran influence you want around your budding prospects. the guy is just too fun loving and easygoing.