The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

Was actually not impressed with his game at all personally.  World junior showcase , he didnt look great , and last nights young stars , it could have easily been 8-5 by the end of the third had those crossbar shots deflected in .He was beat on more than one of those shots completely.  Thats not to mention McFadden making that save for him in the first where he was completely beaten, and had McFadden not been there , it would have  been a notch for winnipeg in the first. 

the second goal by Winnipeg was a screen , but not a laser shot by any means , and from pretty good distance out . Not sure why everyone was saying he has " looked great". 

Edited by cuporbust

17 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Was actually not impressed with his game at all personally.  World junior showcase , he didnt look great , and last nights young stars , it could have easily been 8-5 by the end of the third had those crossbar shots deflected in .He was beat on more than one of those shots completely.  Thats not to mention McFadden making that save for him in the first where he was completely beaten, and had McFadden not been there , it would have  been a notch for winnipeg in the first. 

the second goal by Winnipeg was a screen , but not a laser shot by any means , and from pretty good distance out . Not sure why everyone was saying he has " looked great". 

And if my Auntie had a third leg she would be my uncle.

For goodness sake you sound like Murray. If, if if if if - there are no ifs in the real world bud.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, cuporbust said:

It's only one game.  Let the sample size get a little bigger and the nerves shake out, get used to his defenseman etc (same goes for WNP).   Posts are hit to a certain degree from a goalies positioning and what the shooter had available to him.  Fact is he let two in, none in the first period etc. and gave the team infront of him a chance to get a real lead (it could have been a 1-1 affair which might have reeled in the offense somewhat etc).   Let's see how things unfold, any goalie can have an off night..

• Upvote 1

Dipietro is not the strong technical goalie.  He is a Grant Fuhr type.  He battles and wins.  He gives his team a chance to win every night.  Even when they shouldn't have a chance.  He never gives up on a puck.  And if McFadden hadn't been in Dipietro's way that whole play Mikey had that save himself.  

Edited by TGT68

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

And if my Auntie had a third leg she would be my uncle.

For goodness sake you sound like Murray. If, if if if if - there are no ifs in the real world bud.

Their sure as F are . Especially when those " "ifs" are likely to turn into reality more often then not . Ur saying " who cares as long as they didnt actually go in "? I thought u were are smarter poster then that "bud" for real. The actual score in these games means sweet F all compared to evaluating players . Forwards did a good job offensively.  The score did not accurately reflect our goaltending , meaning more often then not , if he plays like that , that will very seldom be the score for the other team . I dont think he played well, but he is young and talented.  We shall see 

Edited by cuporbust

48 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Their sure as F are . Especially when those " "ifs" are likely to turn into reality more often then not . Ur saying " who cares as long as they didnt actually go in "? I thought u were are smarter poster then that "bud" for real. The actual score in these games means sweet F all compared to evaluating players . Forwards did a good job offensively.  The score did not accurately reflect our goaltending , meaning more often then not , if he plays like that , that will very seldom be the score for the other team . I dont think he played well, but he is young and talented.  We shall see 

All goalies deserve and get breaks of the type he had. Do you watch the great goalies?

14 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

All goalies deserve and get breaks of the type he had. Do you watch the great goalies?

Yes . I do. I was simply suprised at all the raving reviews on his game play. Yes he is young and talented , but i didnt see anything to rave about last game is all. He is a good prospect,  but i hope to see more of that potential this season then i saw at the junior showcase , and the young stars . 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Yes . I do. I was simply suprised at all the raving reviews on his game play. Yes he is young and talented , but i didnt see anything to rave about last game is all. He is a good prospect,  but i hope to see more of that potential this season then i saw at the junior showcase , and the young stars . 

He could have played that game in a barka lounger.  Hard to judge a goalie on that game

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

Its a good thing that your opinion  means nothing any one can clearly see with any hockey knowledge Dipietro is going to be a stud . Forecasted to be Canada's top goalie at the world Juniors this year . Maybe give some credit where credits do. If you cant be positive about this prospect you have ne idea what you are talking about.

• Wat 1

22 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Your right about Simply

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Its a good thing that your opinion  means nothing any one can clearly see with any hockey knowledge Dipietro is going to be a stud . Forecasted to be Canada's top goalie at the world Juniors this year . Maybe give some credit where credits do. If you cant be positive about this prospect you have ne idea what you are talking about.

Lol. K

3 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

And he probably still will be a great prospect for us , but the last two games i saw were not impressive.  Seeing golatenders peak in their mid 20's im not overall worried.  Just going to give credit when credit is due . So far , ive been left hoping for more 

On 9/8/2018 at 8:59 AM, cuporbust said:

I hate to break it to you but I don't think you're going to be able to land that goalie scout job any time soon...