The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

Divided loyalties night as Windsor plays Oshawa, DiPietro in net for the Spits, and Brassard playing for the Gens. On the one hand, I want Brassard to have a huge game and get back to his point per game pace, but I also want Mikey to get a shutout and own the OHL record outright (I believe he's currently tied at first all time). What to do, what to do? :lol:

EDIT: And it's the worst of both worlds. DiPietro gives up 4 goals and Brassard fails to register a point. 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Divided loyalties night as Windsor plays Oshawa, DiPietro in net for the Spits, and Brassard playing for the Gens. On the one hand, I want Brassard to have a huge game and get back to his point per game pace, but I also want Mikey to get a shutout and own the OHL record outright (I believe he's currently tied at first all time). What to do, what to do? :lol:

EDIT: And it's the worst of both worlds. DiPietro gives up 4 goals and Brassard fails to register a point. 

Hahaha oh man, that's upsetting. On to the next one!

Just shows how much DiPietro is worth.

Teams look like they might be loading up before the deadline. Robertson (and another player) was traded for 11 draft picks I believe. The picks went all the way up to the 2023 OHL draft. If a team wants DiPietro, he might be worth that on his own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Just shows how much DiPietro is worth.

Teams look like they might be loading up before the deadline. Robertson (and another player) was traded for 11 draft picks I believe. The picks went all the way up to the 2023 OHL draft. If a team wants DiPietro, he might be worth that on his own.

Yeah, I believe last season, the Ottawa 67’s were told that the price tag for DiPietro was seven 2nd round picks plus Graeme Clarke (their 2017 6th overall OHL Priority Selection). 

Sounds like Rychel has only upped the asking price this year.

I hope a contending team pays it. Would be fun to see Mikey take home the OHL championship and another Memorial Cup in his final OHL season.

Pretty much any top team that acquired DiPietro this year would instantly become favourites to win it all.

I can only imagine that Ottawa team (currently 19-3-3 and the highest goals for in the OHL) with DiPietro in net. 

Michael DiPietro on Sportsnet 650:

“I was so honored but, also extremely nervous. I just went in trying to learn from a mental stand point. Obviously it was a great opportunity and all the guys were so great.”

”Pressure is what you make of it. You have to embrace it and feed off it. That's what I am really looking forward to. Getting a chance at that stage would be second to none especially in Vancouver.”

DiPietro saved 24/25 as the Spits beat the Gens 4-1.

Matt Brassard sat out for Oshawa as the overager scratch (they started Ceci in net and had to rotate one of their overagers out of the lineup).

DiPietro picks up his 11th win to improve to 11-8, with a 2.320 GAA and 0.920 SV%, and one shutout on the season.

Glad Brassard sat out, so I didn’t have to pick favourites. But he’s been struggling lately to score, with Vallati taking over prime offensive D duties. Hopefully he’s back in next game and putting up points (just not against Mikey D).

18 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Ian Scott is on a stacked team and his numbers are sick. Figure those two will battle for the starting role.

Jesus, i didnt realize the Raiders were 26-1.

Maybe we should look into signing Brett Leason... 

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Jesus, i didnt realize the Raiders were 26-1.

Maybe we should look into signing Brett Leason... 

Have to draft him first, but I’m certainly not opposed to the idea (wrote a couple long posts on Leason in the draft thread).

17 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

James Duthie‏Verified account @tsnjamesduthie

FollowFollow @tsnjamesduthie

A day after being named to Canada’s World Junior camp roster, hearing star Windsor goalie Michael DiPietro is being traded to the Ottawa 67’s, who are now set for a hard run at the Memorial Cup.

18 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

James Duthie‏Verified account @tsnjamesduthie

FollowFollow @tsnjamesduthie

A day after being named to Canada’s World Junior camp roster, hearing star Windsor goalie Michael DiPietro is being traded to the Ottawa 67’s, who are now set for a hard run at the Memorial Cup.

That’s gonna be a huge haul if Ottawa pays Windsor’s asking price. Last I heard, the ask was something like 9 picks plus a top player.

EDIT: Ottawa will be scary with DiPietro. They’re already top dogs in the OHL, with a 0.828 win percentage and the highest goals for in the league. Add the best goalie to that mix and they’re definitely going to be favourites to win it all.

• Upvote 3