The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

16 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That’s gonna be a huge haul if Ottawa pays Windsor’s asking price. Last I heard, the ask was something like 9 picks plus a top player.

EDIT: Ottawa will be scary with DiPietro. They’re already top dogs in the OHL, with a 0.828 win percentage and the highest goals for in the league. Add the best goalie to that mix and they’re definitely going to be favourites to win it all.

You were right a huge haul in return for DiPietro

(Windsor, ON) – Michael DiPietro has been traded to the Ottawa 67s.

In return, the Spitfires get Russian forward Egor Afanasyev, Ottawa’s 2nd round pick in 2019, London’s 2nd round pick in 2021, Ottawa’s 2nd round picks in 2022 and 2023; and a trio of conditional picks – Ottawa’s 2nd in 2021, Ottawa’s 3rd in 2021 and Ottawa’s 3rd in 2022

http://windsorspitfires.com/article/dipietro-traded-to-ottawa

Michael DiPietro  

For...

Egor Afanasyev

Ottawa’s 2019 2nd round pick

London’s 2021 2nd round pick

Ottawa’s 2022 2nd round pick

Ottawa's 2023 2nd round pick

Ottawa's 2021 2nd round pick (conditional)

Ottawa's 2021 3rd round pick (conditional)

Ottawa's 2022 3rd round pick (conditional)

:lol:

Oh you got picks going back. ^ interesting lol

Edited by Rush17

Good situation for DiPietro, the Spitfires and the 67's.

DiPietro get's another chance to win it all. However, his roots in Windsor run deep and switching to a new environment (both the 67's and team Canada) will likely be somewhat difficult for him. 

The Spitfires get to properly tank without their goalie carrying them.

The 67's get a prime piece to complete their team before what should be a long Playoff round. 

Honestly, I was expecting the haul to be even bigger given the rumours we heard before. I guess those were based on DiPietro being traded last year when the team acquiring him would've had him for 2 years instead of one. 

6 hours ago, Qwags said:

Should probably help DiPietro's development as well.

I am not as sure about that. At that age goalies need to see a lot of rubber. Not sure how many shots per game Ottawa is giving up per game this season but its probably less than Windsor. But that being said, a winning environment can be huge too...I don't know I am going to wait and see what happens. 

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Michael DiPietro on being traded:

DtnPjekUwAEnxxW.jpg:large

DtnPjelVsAAXnmO.jpg:large

this kid absolutely screams "backup goalie who takes over as the starter during a playoff run and carries the team to a cup, winning the conn smythe along the way." his passion is his separating skill, and that's a trait the canucks need more of.

sorry thatcher, but my gut tells me you might end up a footnote in canucks history. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, tas said:

this kid absolutely screams "backup goalie who takes over as the starter during a playoff run and carries the team to a cup, winning the conn smythe along the way." his passion is his separating skill, and that's a trait the canucks need more of.

sorry thatcher, but my gut tells me you might end up a footnote in canucks history. 

I agree 100%. His attitude is second to none and so much compete in his game. He strikes me as a big game clutch kind of player.

• Like 1