The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

34 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Hey O hear that DiPieteo Guy is pretty good...

He was ok against a garbage danish team, he only had to face 14 shots and maybe 1 - 2 was hard ( penalty shot was one ) , once we face either usa/russia/swedens etc  and hes in the nets, than we can say if he did great/good or /qq

My uncle could probably of gotten a shutout against denmark , felt bad for them ahaha

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

He was ok against a garbage danish team, he only had to face 14 shots and maybe 1 - 2 was hard ( penalty shot was one ) , once we face either usa/russia/swedens etc  and hes in the nets, than we can say if he did great/good or /qq

My uncle could probably of gotten a shutout against denmark , felt bad for them ahaha

Typical VanFan response. We’ll never win the Cup like that.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Nah, no reason to root against Scott at this point. After Hunter’s postgame comments, it’s clear DiPietro is the starter and Canada will ride him through the tournament (unless he gets hurt, or loses the net through some truly poor play).

Honestly, DiPietro couldn’t have gotten a stronger endorsement. “Mikey is our guy” and “it’s not an evaluation anymore” pretty much tells you that Scott can pitch a shutout next game, and it doesn’t matter—he’s the backup and Mikey is the #1.

Absolutely, if you start game one of the tournament, it's your net to lose.  He looked cool as ice last night.......his focus on the ps was fantastic.  Even my gf said "wow, that kid was dialed in on that puck".

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

He didnt get many quality shots on him but always seemed square to the shooter. He just got bored and added in offensively to help the team. #assist

On 12/26/2018 at 10:14 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Michael prefers steak over his Nonna's pasta.  Nonna is not impressed...  :(

His hockey hero is Jonathan Quick and models his game after him and wants to be identical to him...

Love this kid, hope he kisses and makes up with his Nonna…  :)

This is kinda crazy, I did not see this video till now. But last game against the Czecks he actually reminded me a lot of Quick! I kept doing a double take, it wasn't a busy game for him but the big saves he did make looked very similar! The way he battles to make saves and how aggressive he is on the puck is exactly like Quick...not a bad goalie to want to emulate! And another plus, he's not a hot head like Quick is lol.

• Like 1