The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

14 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

I've had tons of ankle sprains on both sides. A first degree isn't that bad, but it's really important that he doesn't sprain it again in short succession. He needs time to heal it.

• Upvote 2

From Harvard Medical School:

1664467891_ScreenShot2019-05-05at11_31_47AM.thumb.png.b007b164126a0bcfad6de3952e1f586b.png

Best case scenario, Ottawa wins the next couple of games and advances to the Memorial Cup, which starts on 05/17 and ends on 05/26.  DiPietro comes back for the Memorial Cup and ends his junior career with another championship.

Since the recovery time for a first degree sprain can be as little as a week, DP could be back for game 6, which is on 05/12.  But Cedrick Andree had a 34-5-2 record in the regular season, and his 0.910 SV% and 2.48 GAA ranked 6th and 2nd in the league among goalies who played at least 5 games.  So hopefully he can shut the door and let DP rest up.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/6/2019 at 7:17 PM, Generational.EP40 said:

Stud. What a gem we have !

They lost again tonight. 5-4.

With Dieptro out, Ottawa has lost two straight, by a combined score of 12-6, giving up 12 goals on only 60 shots (Andree with only a 0.800 sv%).

Apparently Mikey was already out of his walking boot last game. I’m curious how soon he gets back into the net. Hopefully they don’t rush, but he’s got to be feeling the pressure to get in there and take back control of this series.

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

With Dieptro out, Ottawa has lost two straight, by a combined score of 12-6, giving up 12 goals on only 60 shots (Andree with only a 0.800 sv%).

Apparently Mikey was already out of his walking boot last game. I’m curious how soon he gets back into the net. Hopefully they don’t rush, but he’s got to be feeling the pressure to get in there and take back control of this series.

Not a good injury to rush back on, especially when under an NHL contract. Hopefully the doctor is thinking about his future and not this junior teams immediate success..

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So perhaps his performance hasn't simply been the result of a stacked team in front of him ;) 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

So perhaps his performance hasn't simply been the result of a stacked team in front of him ;) 

Yeah, I'm thinking that his team's performance with v/s without him will put him in the conversation for whatever are the Junior versions of Hart and/or Conn Smythe. Even/especially if his team gets swept without him.

• Cheers 1