The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

2 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

How many expected Mikie to be the #1 goalie this season?  I didn't.  I thought they would be using the 3 goalies they had.  He has been impressive.  

I live in Windsor. His rise through the depth chart is no surprise to me.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Similar to demko his save %  is skewed by a handful of bad bad games. Otherwise he's been lights out and has taken over the starting job by force.

He's been fun to watch. He's very nimble out there. He made an absolute show stopper of a glove save last night. Most goalies would not get that puck. He whipped his glove hand out and snagged it no problem. It was impressive. I was hoping to see a game highlight of it, but nope nothing! I'm going to go back and watch the game again today and try and find that save. It dropped my jaw how quick his glove hand was. His agility sure makes up for his size.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Dipietro looks like an AMAZING goalie. He's going to be huge for the Canucks down the road. I really wonder if the Canucks will trade Demko next summer.

Id rather see Markstrom walk than see Demko get traded. Marky's price is probably going to be in the 6.5 - 7 mill range with a minimum of 4 years on it. I'd much rather see Toffoli and perhaps even Tanev back if the team can afford it

• Like 1

Just now, filthycanuck said:

Id rather see Markstrom walk than see Demko get traded. Marky's price is probably going to be in the 6.5 - 7 mill range with a minimum of 4 years on it. I'd much rather see Toffoli and perhaps even Tanev back if the team can afford it

The real question is: Will Demko be like Markstrom? Markstrom has a great thing going right now in this city. If he stays, which I think he will, he can continue, whereas if he goes somewhere else, he might not have the same level of stability and familiarity.

I don't think the Canucks should let Markstrom walk - nor would they. Demko's probably going to get traded, if I were to take a guess. At the same time, who would we have as a backup? Dipietro? That's kind of young to put him there.

39 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Dipietro looks like an AMAZING goalie. He's going to be huge for the Canucks down the road. I really wonder if the Canucks will trade Demko next summer.

Thanks bud, you're top notch I say! Yup he's looking awesome. I find myself just watching him and not the rest of the team. Watching all the little things he does good. He is always aware, never caught asleep, kids already a pro lol.