Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I am kinda' hoping Mikey might get a game in the next few before he is reassigned to the Taxi Squad.  It would be good to see him play as if Holtby was taken in the ED I think Mikey has a shot at being the back-up next season.  B)

I agree that it might be nice to see him get a game or two, but I don't think he has a realistic shot at backup next year unless he plays a good 8 or 9 games and plays decently.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I agree that it might be nice to see him get a game or two, but I don't think he has a realistic shot at backup next year unless he plays a good 8 or 9 games and plays decently.

I like Mikey as a prospect but I have my doubts they would have him as a backup next year. If Holtby is not selected by the Kracken; he will be Demko's backup and if he is taken by them then, IMO, the Canucks will look for a decent backup they can sign short term.

 

Would much rather see DiPietro get a lot of games in the AHL next year; be that in Utica or wherever the Canucks place their AHL affiliate. There is really no need to rush him.

  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I like Mikey as a prospect but I have my doubts they would have him as a backup next year. If Holtby is not selected by the Kracken; he will be Demko's backup and if he is taken by them then, IMO, the Canucks will look for a decent backup they can sign short term.

 

Would much rather see DiPietro get a lot of games in the AHL next year; be that in Utica or wherever the Canucks place their AHL affiliate. There is really no need to rush him.

I think DiPietro is at least a year away right now.  I think Benning makes a real nice offer to Seattle to take Holtby, but then brings in a 1 year stop gap backup.  There are certainly a few solid options that will come pretty cheap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

Have to start calling him Michael instead of Mikey.  He looks older sporting that beard and stash.

 

 

I dunno about Michael, but how about Mike? ;) 

 

As in:

 

“M.I.K.E. to the D
You come and see me and you pay a fee
Do what I do professionally
To tell the truth I am exactly what I want to be”

(Pass the Mic)

 

Or, now that he’s back playing games in Utica:


“Well, Mike D's out back and he's growin' onions

I've got bigger buns than my man Paul Bunyan's

I've been going nuts gettin' all cooped-up
Fully hermitizing but now I'm getting souped-up

It's time to turn the page to a brand new chapter

Settin' my sights and you know what I'm after” 

(Finger Lickin’ Good)

 

Or when he robs somebody with a huge save:

 

“I'm Mike D. And I get respect 
Your cash and your jewelry is what I expect”

(Paul Revere)

 

And, of course, when he pulls back that mask, revealing the new stash and beard:

 

“My name is Mike D, and I'm the ladies choice”

(Three MC’s and One DJ)

 

:lol:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I dunno about Michael, but how about Mike? ;) 

 

As in:

 

“M.I.K.E. to the D
You come and see me and you pay a fee
Do what I do professionally
To tell the truth I am exactly what I want to be”

(Pass the Mic)

 

Or, now that he’s back playing games in Utica:


“Well, Mike D's out back and he's growin' onions

I've got bigger buns than my man Paul Bunyan's

I've been going nuts gettin' all cooped-up
Fully hermitizing but now I'm getting souped-up

It's time to turn the page to a brand new chapter

Settin' my sights and you know what I'm after” 

(Finger Lickin’ Good)

 

Or when he robs somebody with a huge save:

 

“I'm Mike D. And I get respect 
Your cash and your jewelry is what I expect”

(Paul Revere)

 

And, of course, when he pulls back that mask, revealing the new stash and beard:

 

“My name is Mike D, and I'm the ladies choice”

(Three MC’s and One DJ)

 

:lol:

New York Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...