The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

46 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If SEA selects Holtby in the expansion draft, I'd expect Canucks to bring up DiPietro as the backup. 

Save some $$ and salary cap.  Gives him meaningful games in the NHL.

4 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Perpetuates the "good guy" persona the Canucks have become over the past decade+, which isn't serving the team well in any shape or form.

The Canucks need a bombastic, self-centric, narcissistic, take-no-prisoners type of leader so that other teams will know not to phuck with the Canucks.

IF Woodley's assumption that the Blues were pissed about the plans for Dipietro and the Canucks/Comets management capitulated, then it's time for the Aquilinis to get someone like Burkie back at the helm.  The Canucks need someone who is going to flip tables over and will opposing teams to "see it the Canucks way".

Fully agreed... Gillis was hated by everyone around the league LOL 

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Here's the link ...

Glad I got to see Michael develop into both a better goalie and a fine young man during his time with the Comets.  I really appreciate his comments about his stay in our city towards the end of the interview.  Treat him well in Abbotsford and Vancouver.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

I really appreciate his comments about his stay in our city towards the end of the interview.

Utica has proven itself as the premier place to play in the AHL. A team could not ask for better fans. Wishing the city and the new franchise  much success in the years ahead.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Perpetuates the "good guy" persona the Canucks have become over the past decade+, which isn't serving the team well in any shape or form.

The Canucks need a bombastic, self-centric, narcissistic, take-no-prisoners type of leader so that other teams will know not to phuck with the Canucks.

IF Woodley's assumption that the Blues were pissed about the plans for Dipietro and the Canucks/Comets management capitulated, then it's time for the Aquilinis to get someone like Burkie back at the helm.  The Canucks need someone who is going to flip tables over and will opposing teams to "see it the Canucks way".

Someone in this forums compared Benning to looking like Elmer Fudd.

I kind of feel the league and talent agents also think he's a pushover like Elmer Fudd 

• RoughGame 1

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Anybody know if DiPietro will be doing any backup duties this tournament? Or is he basically just there for the experience?

Watching the team getting blown out by the USA, and maybe Dipietro should be starting?  

59 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Watching the team getting blown out by the USA, and maybe Dipietro should be starting?  

Kuemper had a rough game but the whole team was bad.

Now that they’ve dropped two I’m not sure they risk starting DiPietro.

Edited by DeNiro

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kuemper had a rough game but the whole team was bad.

Now that they’ve dropped two I’m not sure they risk starting DiPietro.

We lost to Latvia, 2-0.  Great Britain did better losing 2-1.  We are playing dead.  Maybe the guys would play harder for Mikey?  Got to do something.  Bobby Lou is looking really bad.  

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We lost to Latvia, 2-0.  Great Britain did better losing 2-1.  We are playing dead.  Maybe the guys would play harder for Mikey?  Got to do something.  Bobby Lou is looking really bad.  

I mean his only other competition is Aidan Hill so you never know.

DiPietro is backing up Adin Hill for Team Canada against the Germans.

Canada playing horribly so far in the tourney and again reflecting again in the first period as they trail 2-0.

We may see DiPietro given a game as Hill and Kuemper haven't given them saves.

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

DiPietro is backing up Adin Hill for Team Canada against the Germans.

Canada playing horribly so far in the tourney and again reflecting again in the first period as they trail 2-0.

We may see DiPietro given a game as Hill and Kuemper haven't given them saves.

Canada was never gonna win the tournament this year.

No Canadians wanna go over there during a pandemic unless it’s their one shot to play for team Canada.

Hopefully Mikey gets a game but that is just not a good team.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Canada was never gonna win the tournament this year.

No Canadians wanna go over there during a pandemic unless it’s their one shot to play for team Canada.

Hopefully Mikey gets a game but that is just not a good team.

This team still has enough skill to win games. 

And I'm dumbfounded at how little attention their performance is getting - we're tied with Italy in the group stage!  

Edited by Zoolander

6 minutes ago, Zoolander said:

This team still has enough skill to win games. 

And I'm dumbfounded at how little attention their performance is getting - we're tied with Italy in the group stage!  

They have by far the worst roster out of any of the contenders.

Yes they can still win some games but this is not a good team. Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t win a game.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 2:20 PM, iinatcc said:

Someone in this forums compared Benning to looking like Elmer Fudd.

I kind of feel the league and talent agents also think he's a pushover like Elmer Fudd 

Defintely, a lot of player agents are jumping for joy knowing Benning will be back. I wouldn't be suprised if Jim's number is on speed dial because you know that idiot will overpay.

Agent: My client (4th liner)  wants 5 million  X 5 years

Jim Benning: Thats a bit too much, we are up against the cap, we can maybe do 4.9 million per...

Agent: Done!

• RoughGame 3