The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

A left side of Hughes, Rathbone and Juolevi sounds pretty good to me. I don't see why these guys would be pitted against each other, its likely that OJ is going to be more 5 on 5 and PK time, and Rathbone used more offensively. 

No kidding.  I mean why have depth and role differentiation when you can argue about who's better than who?  

When we hit our window, we're going to be up against Colorado and their top-notch D corps.  Our young LD trio might just be able to hang with them. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

A left side of Hughes, Rathbone and Juolevi sounds pretty good to me. I don't see why these guys would be pitted against each other, its likely that OJ is going to be more 5 on 5 and PK time, and Rathbone used more offensively. 

Totally, Jimmy

I think that "IF" all 3 end up hitting their ceiling or close to it, we will have 3 very different and useful players, who could all play important roles.

As a guy that loves the draft, and as I look at our other LHD prospects, I see no reason to even look at LHD inside the draft. I just love what I have seen so far.

Fingers crossed that they do all hit their ceilings.....wouldn't that be something!

On 3/31/2021 at 1:29 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

D are the talk of town in the top 10; Clarke, Hughes, Power, Lambos, forget the name of the big Swedish lefty

Clarke in the first would be perfect if he's available. Id also be targeting one of Ceulemans, Schmidt or Morrow in the second.

A big right shot D would be huge for our future core. Definitely a hole in our system right now.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Totally, Jimmy

I think that "IF" all 3 end up hitting their ceiling or close to it, we will have 3 very different and useful players, who could all play important roles.

As a guy that loves the draft, and as I look at our other LHD prospects, I see no reason to even look at LHD inside the draft. I just love what I have seen so far.

Fingers crossed that they do all hit their ceilings.....wouldn't that be something!

BPA is a total crap shoot outside of the top 10 players this year. I do think teams are going to be picking for need in rounds 2-7 so I'd like to see us stock up on RHD prospects too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

BPA is a total crap shoot outside of the top 10 players this year. I do think teams are going to be picking for need in rounds 2-7 so I'd like to see us stock up on RHD prospects too. 

Especially in a year that sound very little scouting availability. You always go BPA but this year there wont be as many standouts and obvious best players available

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Especially in a year that sound very little scouting availability. You always go BPA but this year there wont be as many standouts and obvious best players available

I could see us relying heavily on our SHL scouts, they will probably have the deepest info. Plus its a good place to let prospects gain experience if they aren't old enough for the AHL. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I am like a kid in a candy store, every friggin year........

My priority list is something like.........

1. RHD prospect.............I don't think we are in position to get Clarke, but I like Ceulemans at 18ish, I like Logan Mailloux in the 2nd, and Roman Schmidt as a late 2nd

2. 3rd Line center prospect........this is wide open around where we will draft.........I like Aatu Raty, Chaz Lucius, Cole Sillinger in the 1st, and maybe Fedor Svechkov in the 2nd

3. 1st line LW prospect............Guenther (too high), William Eklund (two small), and Fabian Lysell (two small). All are top 10-12 OA

IMO, we probably take a Center in the first round, just because Ceulemans is a reach at this point, but I see us take either Mailoux or Schmidt in the 2nd...........Morrow is another RHD, but from my understanding he is all offense and no defense.............but still?????

Like I say, a kid in a candy store...........

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am like a kid in a candy store, every friggin year........

My priority list is something like.........

1. RHD prospect.............I don't think we are in position to get Clarke, but I like Ceulemans at 18ish, I like Logan Mailloux in the 2nd, and Roman Schmidt as a late 2nd

2. 3rd Line center prospect........this is wide open around where we will draft.........I like Aatu Raty, Chaz Lucius, Cole Sillinger in the 1st, and maybe Fedor Svechkov in the 2nd

3. 1st line LW prospect............Guenther (too high), William Eklund (two small), and Fabian Lysell (two small). All are top 10-12 OA

IMO, we probably take a Center in the first round, just because Ceulemans is a reach at this point, but I see us take either Mailoux or Schmidt in the 2nd...........Morrow is another RHD, but from my understanding he is all offense and no defense.............but still?????

Like I say, a kid in a candy store...........

Do we need another top 6 LW now tho? I guess you always need to stock the shelves but I'd take more defensemen. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Do we need another top 6 LW now tho? I guess you always need to stock the shelves but I'd take more defensemen. 

Totally agree Jim

I was just putting down where I see the holes

RHD and Center are the 2 biggest area's

It will actually be nice when we don't have to worry as much if they turn out as high as projected......meaning we are becoming deeper and our need is lessening

But for sure we need to stock up

I would not be mad at JB if he reached a little on Ceuleman's in the 1st and grabbed Mailloux or Schmidt in the 2nd

This BPA vs Need is such a subjective thing at best, once you get past the top 10, pretty much in any draft. (Generally, as there is always exceptions)

There are always alot of Diamonds............it is sifting through the lessers to find the gems that is the difficult part, and the part that Jim Benning seems to be able to do

IMO, I trust him on his picks..............I hope he has a good handle on this year, there might be some steals out there.

IMO, Europe will be scouted hard this year.......its North America where GM's will make mistakes.............me thinkiths!

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Were just talking about Rathbones future D partner!

Hughes-Myers (Clarke)

Juolevi-Schmidt (Woo)

Rathbone-Tryamkin/Chatfield

yeah I get that

I am Ok with that

But I really thought I was in the draft thread...lol

I totally forgot where I was.............lol

Not the first time :picard:

• Haha 2

Time for Rathbone to get a game.  

Elder out one more.   

Would love them to give Quinn Juolevi and Rathbone a run on the left side and see what the future holds.  Use three Vets on the right and see what happens.  

Really think Jack and Juolevi should have been in the lineup all year.  

Edited by TGT68
Correction
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Time for Rathbone to get a game.  

Elder out one more.   

Would love them to give Quinn Juolevi and Rathbone a run on the left side and see what the future holds.  Use three Vets on the right and see what happens.  

Really think Jack and Juolevi should have been in the lineup all year.  

Hughes Hamonic

Juolevi, Schmidt

Rathbone, Myers

Don't know if Green would go for it... But it would be fun as hell :lol:

Plus I think Rathbone still has a couple days of quarantine, no?

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

So is Rathbone available for the Saturday April 24 game against Ottawa?  

If he is available it would be interesting to see what he can do. Seeing as he is a LD I think Schmidt would have to move over to the RD esp. if they have Edler back and still want Juolevi in the lineup.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:49 AM, RetroCanuck said:

Clarke in the first would be perfect if he's available. Id also be targeting one of Ceulemans, Schmidt or Morrow in the second.

A big right shot D would be huge for our future core. Definitely a hole in our system right now.

Huh, I thought that spot was filled by the six million dollar man... and the other six million dollar man. If they can’t rack up points, why are they six million dollar men? And then there is the third six million dollar man but he plays only the left side.

Edited by Ray_Cathode

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If he is available it would be interesting to see what he can do. Seeing as he is a LD I think Schmidt would have to move over to the RD esp. if they have Edler back and still want Juolevi in the lineup.

I could be mis-remembering, but wasn't Juolevi an emergency callup when Edler got suspended?