The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

OJ, Rathbone, Jurmo and a Darkhorse in Tryamkin.

A lot of solid LH D in the system. Good chance we see one of these guys pan out as a top 4 D.

Would kill for a solid RH D in this next draft. Could use one more RH winger too in the top 6.

Brandt Clarke, Guenther!!

Matt Coronato looks like a player to keep an eye on for the 2nd round. Also, I wouldn't rule out Lind becoming that player for us. 

Edited by KKnight
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

OJ, Rathbone, Jurmo and a Darkhorse in Tryamkin.

A lot of solid LH D in the system. Good chance we see one of these guys pan out as a top 4 D.

Would kill for a solid RH D in this next draft. Could use one more RH winger too in the top 6.

Jett Woo is going to a player. And also Viktor Persson who we drafted in the 7th round. Another Benning gem in the later rounds. 

I think we need a partner for Hughes. A Brandon Carlo, Erik Cernak type. That player would complete our defence for the next decade. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Seems inevitable, I mean look at what was going on here several pages back.  CDC may have its mind in the gutter, but you can't count on the team to be any better.

Much prefer Rathman over the previous iterations. Personally I think it is would be very insulting and demeaning to him for the fans to call him the gutter version.

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jett Woo is going to a player. And also Viktor Persson who we drafted in the 7th round. Another Benning gem in the later rounds. 

I think we need a partner for Hughes. A Brandon Carlo, Erik Cernak type. That player would complete our defence for the next decade. 

Yeah Woo and Persson give us a good chance of one of them topping out to a solid 3rd pair type. Woo I could see becoming a 4/5 Brendan Dillon level player.

Need a really solid one but there are various ways to acquire if we can't get one this draft. Only RHD is Clarke who wouldn't be bad.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Fred65 said:

There will come a time when they can no longer over look this kids talent, maybe once JB has left  and Juolevi has to stand on his own merit, to me it's a competition between Rathbone and Juolevi. I'm equally shocked that Chatfield has not been given a longer strech ditto Rafferty. If the season continues like it is we need to groom these young D for the future. Why Vcr signed Hamorlic and frankly Benn eludes me. Here we are up to our eye's in Cap problems and rather than give the youngsters a boost we spend $3+ million

Chatfield is garbage and Raff is 25? and still can't crack the roster.

The goal was to make the playoffs, not relying on 3-4 rookies on D.

Rathbone is right where he needs to be. No point in rushing him.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Rathbone looking like a stud so far in the A.

Im tempering my expectations here unlike some of the little overzealous CDCers here hoping for an all rookie D corps next year. Jordan Subban was pretty good in the A and he didn't turn out too well. Good to see Rathbone is doing well

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Im tempering my expectations here unlike some of the little overzealous CDCers here hoping for an all rookie D corps next year. Jordan Subban was pretty good in the A and he didn't turn out too well. Good to see Rathbone is doing well

Nope....

No Way Reaction GIF

Horrible comparison.

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

You are right in saying Rathbone is only two games into his pro career and we should wait and see a larger body of work.  I wish I could see this kid play in person instead of a stream on TV because he looks like the best skater we've had in Utica.  Coach Cull himself said that Rathbone is the best defenseman he has seen at walking the line in this league.  Pretty high praise.

There is no comparison between Rathbone and Jordan Subban. While Subban did put up AHL points he just simply could not defend.  I don't think I ever saw Subby make a play like this. (Credit Cody Severtson and his "Comets Harvest" game summary for the video)

https://streamable.com/yhula5

Edited by UticaHockey
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, stawns said:

christmas in rockefeller center GIF by NBC

I see this and I think of Night Court. A very grumpy, and borderline evil woman is dealing with Harry. He says that maybe she has good inside of her. Just something happened

to ruin that. "Like she was kicked out of the Rockettes or something?" Her reply: "That director was blind! My legs were better than anyones!" :lol:

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

You are right in saying Rathbone is only two games into his pro career and we should wait and see a larger body of work.  I wish I could see this kid play in person instead of a stream on TV because he looks like the best skater we've had in Utica.  Coach Cull himself said that Rathbone is the best defenseman he has seen at walking the line in this league.  Pretty high praise.

There is no comparison between Rathbone and Jordan Subban. While Subban did put up AHL points he just simply could not defend.  I don't think I ever saw Subby ever make a play like this. (Credit Cody Severtson and his "Comets Harvest" game summary for the video)

https://streamable.com/yhula5

What is most impressive about that play is, not only did he throw a solid body check on the forward, but he also gained control of the puck and moved it up ice quickly. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1