Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

no, just looking at the overall skill level of both players.  You can twist your reality to fit what you want however you like.  I won't judge. edit: and we're not just looking at point potentials, we're looking at their production thus far in their careers.  Rathbone is a year younger and doing better in underlying analytical metrics  

The graphs you showed state it's a projection of point potential. And like I said, I'm not going to bother pitting one against the other. I'm glad we have both.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gurn said:

Still nothing about Ollie being sheltered.

 

This isn't an Ollie thread.  Funny how even on Rathbones own Thread it's like pulling teeth to even talk about the possibility that he might be better than Ollie.  Rathbone doesn't get much respect. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Jack Rathbone should be playing instead of Juolevi

2hrs ago you brought Ollie up.

You said he was sheltered, you have not proven that.

 

Either back up what you allege, or admit you were wrong, and move on.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

This isn't an Ollie thread.  Funny how even on Rathbones own Thread it's like pulling teeth to even talk about the possibility that he might be better than Ollie.  Rathbone doesn't get much respect. 

I just don't feel there's a need to praise Rathbone by knocking Juolevi. I've praised Rathbone plenty without doing so. I'm very excited to see Rathbone's future here hopefully along with Juolevi.

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

This isn't an Ollie thread.  Funny how even on Rathbones own Thread it's like pulling teeth to even talk about the possibility that he might be better than Ollie.  Rathbone doesn't get much respect. 

He's getting tons of respect.  But extrapolating superstardom after 3 pro games??

 

Just ask Rafferty how life changing being an AHL all star was

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gurn said:

2hrs ago you brought Ollie up.

You said he was sheltered, you have not proven that.

 

Either back up what you allege, or admit you were wrong, and move on.

He's only played 15 out of 28 games, I don't need to "prove" anything. He's playing sheltered games let alone ice-time 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He's getting tons of respect.  But extrapolating superstardom after 3 pro games??

 

Just ask Rafferty how life changing being an AHL all star was

Rafferty is like 27 so you cant compare him to Rathbone, who's 1 of only 10 players in the last decade to score a point a game in college.  edit: ok so he's 25. still too old to compare though.

Edited by Pure961089
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I just don't feel there's a need to praise Rathbone by knocking Juolevi. I've praised Rathbone plenty without doing so. I'm very excited to see Rathbone's future here hopefully along with Juolevi.

saying Rathbone is better than Juolevi isn't knocking him down, it's just stating an opinion.  I hope Juolevi becomes a great player.  

Screenshot (15).png

Edited by Pure961089
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Rafferty is like 27 so you cant compare him to Rathbone, who's 1 of only 10 players in the last decade to score a point a game in college.  

It's actually sad how overrated Rafferty is sometimes. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

"Since 2010, only 10 U21 defencemen have scored at a point per game rate"  And the Canuck have 2 of them.  

Since JB took over, something changed in our drafting. This sort of thing has never happened for the Canucks.

 

Our backend will have a lot of puck movers:

 

Hughes, Rathbone, Schmidt, Juolevi, Myers.

 

Would be great if we can bolster our RHD with elite defensive abilities. Maybe this is the draft we get luck like Dallas in 2017, Winnipeg in 2016, NYR in 2020.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gurn said:

2hrs ago you brought Ollie up.

You said he was sheltered, you have not proven that.

 

Either back up what you allege, or admit you were wrong, and move on.

OJ > Rathbone

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

cOJ > Rathbone

That's a really interesting proposition and I am not sure which way is actually better for the Canucks in the long run.

 

My guess is that OJ is good in the long run but Rathbone is more dynamic and gives us a great 2nd pp quarterback to Hughes on the first.  So I'm gonna hope Rathbone turns out better than OJ who can be a very solid 3LD for us for a long time.

 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

OJ > Rathbone

Probably. I think the team will have room for both of them though.

 

Jack is off to a great start down in Utica. Next training camp I expect  a lot of battles for spots both on the D and forward.

 

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...