The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

2 hours ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

Sid you are a masterpiece for all the prospect updates you give.  You definitely deserve some appreciation. 

Cheers! :) 

Looks like Rathbone’s team won 6-3 today:

https://nationals.usahockey.com/tournaments/5a9d94e6951b9166b30002c7/games/5ab3dd334a397b2b4100001d?referrer=3902893

Jack doesn’t show up in the scoring, although these tournaments aren’t always great at keeping track of assists.

He did hit the game sheet with a tripping penalty, so we know he played.

Rathbone and the Cape Cod Whalers should play again tomorrow at 2:45 EDT vs “Dallas Stars Elite”:

https://nationals.usahockey.com/tournaments/5a9d94e6951b9166b30002c7/games/5ab3dbba9215c07fa700001b?referrer=3902893

12 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Cheers! :) 

Looks like Rathbone’s team won 6-3 today:

https://nationals.usahockey.com/tournaments/5a9d94e6951b9166b30002c7/games/5ab3dd334a397b2b4100001d?referrer=3902893

Jack doesn’t show up in the scoring, although these tournaments aren’t always great at keeping track of assists.

He did hit the game sheet with a tripping penalty, so we know he played.

Rathbone and the Cape Cod Whalers should play again tomorrow at 2:45 EDT vs “Dallas Stars Elite”:

https://nationals.usahockey.com/tournaments/5a9d94e6951b9166b30002c7/games/5ab3dbba9215c07fa700001b?referrer=3902893

One name stands out on that score sheet, Tristan Amonte, is that the son of former NHLer Tony, seems he had a pretty good game

3 hours ago, Sedinery33 said:

One name stands out on that score sheet, Tristan Amonte, is that the son of former NHLer Tony, seems he had a pretty good game

Yeah, he had 2 goals I think?

I don’t know a tonne about Tristan. He plays for Thayer in the same prep system as Rathbone. Still hasn’t committed to a college. Put up decent numbers on his season but probably not quite enough to put him on people’s radar for the draft. I don’t think he’s ranked anywhere.

He’s undersized but apparently has grown 3 inches (from 5’7” to 5’10”) in the last year, so who knows where he’ll top out. His dad and older brother are around 6’.

Here’s what the brief scouting reports I’ve read say:

“He's shifty and does a good job facilitating scoring chances for his teammates. He gets to pucks quickly and thinks the game well offensively.”

“He still needs to bulk up, but he will in time. He's shifty and makes good passes. He thinks the game very well offensively. Despite his small frame, he's not afraid to go below the goal line to fight for pucks and dish them out front.”

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TGokou said:

Jack Rathbone had a goal and assist today (both at even strength) to help lead his team to a 5-2 victory.

Nice! Looks like a primary assist on the game winner and then he scored the insurance goal. 

I’m honestly not too familiar with the teams in this tourney but I got the impression that the Dallas team they played today was pretty good. Hope Jack and the Whalers can keep rolling. Another milestone from one of our youngsters (like a Tier I National Title) would be pretty cool. Seems like it’s becoming the norm this spring to expect big things from this prospects pool. :) 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Looks like the next game goes tomorrow at 5:15 EDT against CCYHA.

https://nationals.usahockey.com/tournaments/5a9d94e6951b9166b30002c7/games/5ab3dd334a397b2b41000019?referrer=3902893

I have no idea what CCYHA stands for (assuming “hockey association” is the final two letters), but I’ll ask my friend google and edit in a minute. ;) 

EDIT: Central Connecticut Youth Hockey Association 18U Selects team.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 1

Dobber Prospects April update:

April 2018 – Footage and information regarding the Canucks' 2017 fourth round selection have been difficult to come by. Playing high school hockey in the New England prep circuit, Rathbone has clearly been a dominant force, recording 10 goals and 29 points in just 16 games with Dexter Academy at the last check-in. Rathbone is a tremendous skater who brings a big shot and some fiestiness to the ice. The soon-to-be 19-year-old will head to Harvard in the fall where his development will be easier to track. He remains a long term prospect but one that exhibits NHL potential. Cam Robinson

Also, last I checked, Rathbone and the Cape Cod Whalers were up 1-0 after one period in their quarterfinal game (single game elimination) versus NJ Avalanche.

EDIT: now 2-1

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Big game today from Rathbone!

Hat trick and game winner in OT to help Cap Cod advance to the semifinals of the USAH Nationals (Tier I 18U).

I keep saying this kid has “it”.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Looks like Cape Cod already have their semifinal opponent set for tomorrow. They will play CarShield (2nd Place in the “Olympic” pool and also winners today in their quarterfinal game).

https://nationals.usahockey.com/tournaments/5a9d94e6951b9166b30002c7/games/5ab3dd51e407144464000059?referrer=3902893

Whoever wins tomorrow goes to the National Championship game on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like Cape Cod already have their semifinal opponent set for tomorrow. They will play CarShield (2nd Place in the “Olympic” pool and also winners today in their quarterfinal game).

https://nationals.usahockey.com/tournaments/5a9d94e6951b9166b30002c7/games/5ab3dd51e407144464000059?referrer=3902893

Whoever wins tomorrow goes to the National Championship game on Tuesday.

His production really is quite impressive. Scoring at a rate similar to Ryan Donato ...both in their D+1. What an amazing performance by Rathbone though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Yeah they have kids run and get snacks. This group seems to love their m&ms according to Trevor haha

I like my Almond M&M's. Too expensive though

I like Rathbone as well. I am going to try to compare him to Makar.

Edited by AV's Coin

4 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

I like Rathbone as well. I am going to try to compare him to Makar.

It’s going to be interesting to see what Rathbone can accomplish next season with Harvard. First real measuring stick where his production will be easy to compare against other similar aged prospects. Plus we’ll be able to stream all his games in high quality video.