The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

15 hours ago, aGENT said:

Well now THAT is interesting. Be nice to get a better handle on what exactly we have there.  As much as one can glean from glorified pond hockey anyway.

I'm curious, how do we judge him next season. He will be in his D+2 year, but only his freshman year in collage. In contrast, We'll be looking at Tkachuck in his D+1 year as a sophomore.

So do we judge based on his Draft year or his status in the NCAA?

These situations always frustrate me. 

4 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

I'm curious, how do we judge him next season. He will be in his D+2 year, but only his freshman year in collage. In contrast, We'll be looking at Tkachuck in his D+1 year as a sophomore.

Like any true Canuck fan you assume they're a bust automatically because they're not in the NHL

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Go by draft year. Comparing a 20 year old Rathbone to an 18 year old Hughes wouldn't be fair. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Considering he was a 4th round pick, I'm willing to give the boner the benefit of the doubt.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

Like any true Canuck fan you assume they're a bust automatically because they're not in the NHL

Not at all. I'm pretty high on Rathbone. I'm just curious as to how people will judge his abilities based on his unique status.

Why do you assume the worst when I made no negative statement?

Edit: Apparently you were being sarcastic. I apologize if that was the case.

Edited by Bigturk8
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Deathrowe said:

Considering he was a 4th round pick, I'm willing to give the boner the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not trying to say anything bad about him. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to gauge his status by asking others on this board.

54 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Somewhere in between?

As much as people like to use averages, 'normals' etc to analyze things, generally speaking they tell you more about groups than individuals.

Judge individual players more so on their ability and forward progress.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bigturk8 said:

you don't, because making judgments isn't your responsibility.