The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

8 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Hope he makes USA world juniors. Would be cool to see him play with Hughes 

Might be the first time in my personal history that a small ounce of me will be cheering for the US at the WJers!  Hughes was a no brainer but Rathbone was potentially a steal!!!  Benning pulled him out of nowhere.  Could be an awesome second pairing guy one day!

I love Bennings late picks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bandwagon38 said:

Might be the first time in my personal history that a small ounce of me will be cheering for the US at the WJers!  Hughes was a no brainer but Rathbone was potentially a steal!!!  Benning pulled him out of nowhere.  Could be an awesome second pairing guy one day!

Can't quite ever bring myself to cheer for the US! Although it will be nice to have a couple players on their team to follow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bandwagon38 said:

Makes you think of what he could have got for those 2nds he traded away.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Makes you think of what he could have got for those 2nds he traded away.

I guess so but he has made hay with what he’s had!  More is always better but actually knowing who to draft is the key!!!  My guess is the Gillis era could have had 15 picks per draft and ended up with less talent.  Judd might get a statue!!!

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 1:57 AM, WHL rocks said:

So, I haven't shared this secret with anyone before, I am an Oracle... 

I predict within 10 years the most common name for new born baby boys in Greater Vancouver will be "Jack" 

This young man is special. Vancouver would build statues of him if he played for the Canucks. No doubt he'll have streets and parks named after him... 

This kid at his young age already is what vancouver as a community strives to be... 

We need someone to improve the bloodlines around here. 

Edited by Boudrias

• 1 month later...

Don't know if anybody saw it, but in a Q and A session with Pronman about a week ago, he was asked if there were any depth-prospects in the league with really high end ceilings who might jump up into the upper elite tier of prospects.  He replied with one name, "Jack Rathbone".

The kid is going to Harvard, and from what I've seen, many of their hockey players stick around for the full four years (Donato seems to be a bit of an exception, staying for three), so either way it doesn't look like we'll see him in a 'Nucks uni anytime soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Dungass said:

Don't know if anybody saw it, but in a Q and A session with Pronman about a week ago, he was asked if there were any depth-prospects in the league with really high end ceilings who might jump up into the upper elite tier of prospects.  He replied with one name, "Jack Rathbone".

The kid is going to Harvard, and from what I've seen, many of their hockey players stick around for the full four years (Donato seems to be a bit of an exception, staying for three), so either way it doesn't look like we'll see him in a 'Nucks uni anytime soon.

sorry don't have the link at hand, but in the last interview I saw with JR he mentioned that he only wants to spend 1 maybe 2 years at Harvard before going pro. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dungass said:

I have Jack as one of the must keep an eye on prospects this year.  List is long like last year but with two d-men at the top while last year my list started with two forwards   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He looked a whole lot better at the showcase than he did last year.  Gaudette had his way with him but this year he's noticeably bigger and playing a much more solid game now.  Wouldn't have projected it last year but he does look on track to be pro-ready sooner than we'd have expected.  The left side could look pretty good in short order:

Juolevi

Hughes

Rathbone

(Brisebois)

Our puck-moving issues and lack of offensive drive from the back end will soon be a thing of the past.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, I’ve heard the same, and consistently, whenever Jack’s been asked those questions. He was interviewed by one of the radio stations during prospects camp and basically said he wants to turn pro the moment he’s ready, development-wise. Doesn’t want to wait around and delay things, but also won’t rush himself and sacrifice his development. One or two years at Harvard, from the sounds of things, and then, if Jack and the Canucks agree he’s ready, he’ll be turning pro.

Even going back pre-draft, Jack talked about doing maybe two years at Harvard and then going pro. His plan is to complete the rest of his degree in his spare time, while pursuing pro hockey as his career.

Oh, and speaking of Jack, here’s the pinned tweet from his Twitter page:

I hadn’t seen that video yet, so thanks to Jack for sharing it. Brought a smile to my face today. :) 

By now, we all know the story of Jack and his little brother Teddy, so it’s no surprise that he’d be moved by that “hockey is for everyone” video and want to share it. Same with Brock (who’s in the video), who also has a family connection with his sister, who also participated in the event.

Future looks bright. Not just because of the quality of our pool, but also the quality of the young men in this organization who will carry the torch forward in terms of charity and community work. We have some very special prospects and young players, like Jack and Brock, who will thrill us on the ice in years to come, while also being good citizens and compassionate human beings that all Canucks fans can be very proud of.

great video. I'm probably more exited about Rathbone's potential than anyone else, probably because of the draft spot :lol: it would be pretty amazing for Benning to get two guys like Gaudette and Rathbone to work out from so deep in the draft. 

Hughes, Juolevi, Rathbone would be a pretty stellar left side. If Woo makes it and Stecher is still here thats starting to look like something exciting. 

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, I’ve heard the same, and consistently, whenever Jack’s been asked those questions. He was interviewed by one of the radio stations during prospects camp and basically said he wants to turn pro the moment he’s ready, development-wise. Doesn’t want to wait around and delay things, but also won’t rush himself and sacrifice his development. One or two years at Harvard, from the sounds of things, and then, if Jack and the Canucks agree he’s ready, he’ll be turning pro.

Even going back pre-draft, Jack talked about doing maybe two years at Harvard and then going pro. His plan is to complete the rest of his degree in his spare time, while pursuing pro hockey as his career.

Oh, and speaking of Jack, here’s the pinned tweet from his Twitter page:

I hadn’t seen that video yet, so thanks to Jack for sharing it. Brought a smile to my face today. :) 

By now, we all know the story of Jack and his little brother Teddy, so it’s no surprise that he’d be moved by that “hockey is for everyone” video and want to share it. Same with Brock (who’s in the video), who also has a family connection with his sister, who also participated in the event.

Future looks bright. Not just because of the quality of our pool, but also the quality of the young men in this organization who will carry the torch forward in terms of charity and community work. We have some very special prospects and young players, like Jack and Brock, who will thrill us on the ice in years to come, while also being good citizens and compassionate human beings that all Canucks fans can be very proud of.

I can hardly wait for JR to come up to Vancouver. I said from the start that he looks a bit special.