The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

15 hours ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Nobody in our system skates as good as Hughes. His edgework is already the best in the NHL along with Barzal, Skinner, McDavid, etc. There’s a reason some scouts are saying he’s the best skater they’ve seen. I don’t see his shot being much of a problem once he fills out and matures. Never going to have a great shot, but it should be good enough in a few years when he’s much stronger. I’m sure EP can give him some pointers.

I don't know if theres a comparable, but in IMO, I know its a different sport, but he's hockeys version of Allan Iverson

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Lol you're killing me tonight haha.

1 hour ago, canuckledraggin said:

who knew a google search of rat bun would yield results.

image.png.751e51391d1c4307c212724acf6fd9f1.png   image.thumb.png.be29f3e63ae5ff6caef09f5dc0ee8392.png

1 hour ago, canuckledraggin said:

who knew a google search of rat bun would yield results.

image.png.751e51391d1c4307c212724acf6fd9f1.png   image.thumb.png.be29f3e63ae5ff6caef09f5dc0ee8392.png

Man I hope no one on CDC was eating a hamburger when they first looked at thisB)

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2019 at 7:24 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

So are you saying Rathbone skate's as well as Q Hughes but has a way better shot?  How would you rate their hockey IQs? The same?

Would you say Rathbone is just as good as Q Hughes?

no all I said was what the scouts have pointed out. listen to JBand I forget the other guy's name, were raving about his shot right before they drafted him. as for his skating. That was brought up several times at prospect camp and from diff sources out there  His edgework may not be as good as Quinns.but his overall skating has been directly compared to Quinn by Quinn. People forget if Jack took the traditional route he was projected as a top 5 pick at one point.  Not sure why people would argue this. We should behappy a 3rd round pick is playing the most mins on his team, averaging clolse to appoint game, and is bif with a cannon of a shot. If you doubt what I'm saying ask Sid or watch him play.Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, youngguns19 said:

no all I said was what the scouts have pointed out. listen to JBand I forget the other guy's name, were raving about his shot right before they drafted him. as for his skating. That was brought up several times at prospect camp and from diff sources out there  His edgework may not be as good as Quinns.but his overall skating has been directly compared to Quinn by Quinn. People forget if Jack took the traditional route he was projected as a top 5 pick at one point.  Not sure why people would argue this. We should behappy a 3rd round pick is playing the most mins on his team, averaging clolse to appoint game, and is bif with a cannon of a shot. If you doubt what I'm saying ask Sid or watch him play.Cheers

Projected top 5 pick? What...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Don't think it was top 5 but I've seen to recall talk of him likely being a 1st rounder if he hadn't planned to stay in highschool for his D+1.

Ya honestly it's hard to say, i like him but certainly not top 5 haha. Even if he jumped right into NCAA in d+1, I guarantee he wouldn't of even gone first round.

Rathbone was ranked by FC Hockey (Future Considerations) at # 80

https://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings-2017/

and described as following

"Rathbone is a raw, confident puck-moving blueliner. He has impressive vision, smart and solid playmaking ability. He is a smooth and powerful skater. Excellent footwork and all-direction mobility allow him to be elusive while skating the puck up ice. He can make up mistakes with his impressive skating and getting back to break up plays defensively. Sees where he is limited and factors risk before making a play. Not a big player but physically withstands hits and the forecheck, fighting tooth and nail to retain the puck. Handles himself well under pressure. His game is based off intelligence, and utilizing his mobility to be efficient. He stays on the hesitant side when rushing the puck and is more of the pass-first type. He slings the puck with authority and can facilitate accurate long range breakouts. Has a cannon of a shot and lets his one-timer go with good timing. A real weapon from the point on the powerplay as both a passer and triggerman. He is great at walking the blue line with his head up and getting shots through. Not physical and can be caught overusing his stick as his primary defensive tool. He knows where he needs to be to defend and push opponents away from his crease but shows mixed results. Room to grow in his defensive game. Also, needs to add considerable strength to his frame. Not going to jump to the NHL very quickly, but a nice project pick who has good puck-moving upside. He is an offensive threat and extremely good first pass from the back end."

Vcr took him at #95

Edited by Fred65
  • Upvote 3