The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

42 minutes ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

Since we're on the topic of Fox, I'd love Benning dangle a third for him. Maybe Goldobin and a late pick gets it done. 

Would help shore* up out right side and give Rathbone a  connection to the team. 

And if we're not one of the teams he wants to sign with, we lose a 3rd as a result.....

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

For a guy who has already snubbed his nose at the team that drafted him and the team that traded for him.  He clearly has his eyes on a specific team to land on.

25 minutes ago, The Lock said:

And if we're not one of the teams he wants to sign with, we lose a 3rd as a result.....

Obviously the deal would be contingent on us signing him. If we're not on his list, then no deal, but we have a hole on the right side that he can step right into, Vancouver is a beautiful city and we have some young, exciting players that we're building around. 

I'm not saying is going to happen, or even likely, but I think it's a good fit for all parties. 

23 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

From what I've read, it's NYRs with a slim chance that Boston might be in play.

Yeah, I mean, by all means we should make an offer to him if and when he hits free agency, but I wouldn’t spend a pick on getting his rights early. Most likely he just tells us the same as he’s told Calgary and Carolina, to date, which is basically “kick rocks, I’m going free agent.”

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Just makes you wonder why others ( Vcr ) can't follow a similar path :huh:

I can’t believe this was actually said, you’ve been sleeping last 4 draft lotteries?

Edit. Also when they started their rebuild they still had some key piece that weren’t old af

Edited by Dats hockey
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

I can’t believe this was actually said, you’ve been sleeping last 4 draft lotteries?

Edit. Also when they started their rebuild they still had some key piece that weren’t old af

In the last 10 seasons the NYR have missed the play-offs twice and have drafted in the first round 9thin 2108, 7th,0, 0, 0, 0, 28th 15th and finally in 2009 10th certainly looks worse than the Canucks

0 = no 1st round pick

Edited by Fred65

2 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

In the last 10 seasons the NYR have missed the play-offs twice and have drafted 9thin 2108, 7th, 20th, 11th, 29th, 4th, 28th 15th and finally in 2009 10th certainly looks worse than the Canucks

But look at what they started their rebuild with and then look at what the Canucks started theirs with

2 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

But look at what they started their rebuild with and then look at what the Canucks started theirs with

Now you're moving from have I looked at the last 4 drafts to "well they started in a better place"  here's a clue maybe the recognized earlier they needed a complete rebuild .... how about that. They have certainly out performed the Canucks in the last 4 years and yet are further along in their rebuild IMO

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Now you're moving from have I looked at the last 4 drafts to "well they started in a better place"  here's a clue maybe the recognized earlier they needed a complete rebuild .... how about that. They have certainly out performed the Canucks in the last 4 years and yet are further along in their rebuild IMO

56169.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Maybe the league ensures some key franchises get lobbed(or set on a tee, like lil' kids' baseball) softball trades, with an excess of picks for every pending FA they have.

Similar thing happened with the Fleas.

Working with the principle that an expanding revenue pie benefits ALL fingers in it(BOG; NHLPA; media lackeys; hangers-on..retirees, in various nauseating forms), it appears SOME markets are more equal than others, as Orwell once said...

8 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Maybe the league ensures some key franchises get lobbed(or set on a tee, like lil' kids' baseball) softball trades, with an excess of picks for every pending FA they have.

Similar thing happened with the Fleas.

Working with the principle that an expanding revenue pie benefits ALL fingers in it(BOG; NHLPA; media lackeys; hangers-on..retirees, in various nauseating forms), it appears SOME markets are more equal than others, as Orwell once said...

Let the record state the NYR have not been advantaged in drafts until this year ( which I agree is in doubt ) and that they are the result of their own planning. The NYR are exceptionally wealthy, the Gardens are sold out they have their own TV network. Here's the hard to swallow facts .... NYR have done a good job of rebuilding their team .... good for them. So shall you sow, so shall you reap is a pertinent reflection  IMO   :lol:

Edited by Fred65

We can complain the Canucks have been shafted by the league, for never winning a Draft Lottery. But the Canucks have had high picks since 2013.

2013 - 9th (Horvat)

2014 - 6th (Virtanen)

2015 - 23rd (no high pick, but they got Boeser)

2016 - 5th (Juolevi)

2017 - 5th (Pettersson)

2018 - 7th (Hughes)

2019 - 10th (?)

There's no reason why they shouldn't be a better team than they currently are. IMO they erred when they took Virtanen and Juolevi with those picks and that has set the team back. Not to say Jake and Olli won't eventually become very good players, but we don't know if that will actually happen. Jim needs to nail this Draft, and sign some good (UFA) players for once. 

EDIT - my apologies for posting this in the Rathbone thread. I forgot where I was for a second. Damn old age.

Edited by NUCKER67

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Let the record state the NYR have not been advantaged in drafts until this year ( which I agree is in doubt ) and that they are the result of their own planning. The NYR are exceptionally wealthy, the Gardens are sold out they have their own TV network. Here's the hard to swallow facts .... NYR have done a good job of rebuilding their team .... good for them. So shall you sow, so shall you reap is a pertinent reflection  IMO 

You're a good poster F65, & you speak with reason. But when we reflect back on '94, don't'cha wanna go frothing-at-the-mouth, rabid-dog-looney like yours truly?!

:^)

Them damned Rags/reffs jobbed us unapologetically! #haventforgotten!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

We can complain the Canucks have been shafted by the league, for never winning a Draft Lottery. But the Canucks have had high picks since 2013.

2013 - 9th (Horvat)

2014 - 6th (Virtanen)

2015 - 23rd (no high pick, but they got Boeser)

2016 - 5th (Juolevi)

2017 - 5th (Pettersson)

2018 - 7th (Hughes)

2019 - 10th (?)

There's no reason why they shouldn't be a better team than they currently are. IMO they erred when they took Virtanen and Juolevi with those picks and that has set the team back. Not to say Jake and Olli won't eventually become very good players, but we don't know if that will actually happen. Jim needs to nail this Draft, and sign some good (UFA) players for once. 

EDIT - my apologies for posting this in the Rathbone thread. I forgot where I was for a second. Damn old age.

Hey man..you've just outlined framework of the stealth-reno!

Fear not..it'll all come together.

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

You're a good poster F65, & you speak with reason. But when we reflect back on '94, don't'cha wanna go frothing-at-the-mouth, rabid-dog-looney like yours truly?!

:^)

Them damned Rags/reffs jobbed us unapologetically! #haventforgotten!

Yeah I agree with that for sure, it broke my heart

• Cheers 1