The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Hey man..you've just outlined framework of the stealth-reno!

Fear not..it'll all come together.

Further to the lamenting on the juolevi and Virtanen picks you are not going to bat 100 percent even in the top 10 there are misses.  If your misses are atleast contributing NHL players which the only one with something to prove there is juolevi you are far better off than most.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Let the record state the NYR have not been advantaged in drafts until this year ( which I agree is in doubt ) and that they are the result of their own planning. The NYR are exceptionally wealthy, the Gardens are sold out they have their own TV network. Here's the hard to swallow facts .... NYR have done a good job of rebuilding their team .... good for them. So shall you sow, so shall you reap is a pertinent reflection  IMO   :lol:

They have done a good job.

They also had a far better starting point with more quantity and quality, of sale-able assets.

This just in: All teams, their players, their ages, their contacts etc, aren't the same. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YungWee said:

Not sure if this has been discussed early, but whats the consensus about Jack turning pro? One more year of school or are we talking 3 years at Harvard with the potential of a Will Lockwood situation.

Rathbone spent an extra year at home, so he’s got an extra year of college to get to UFA status.  I predict Rathbone is playing late season games for us spring 2020.  Both he and Lockwood will be burning a year off their ELC’s, and (as a result) getting to the bigger money of their second contracts faster.  There are spots open in our roster for these guys to earn.  

For Rathbone, coming out next spring, instead of waiting to August 2022 will make him millions.  He will be into his big money second contract three years sooner!  

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

Rathbone spent an extra year at home, so he’s got an extra year of college to get to UFA status.  I predict Rathbone is playing late season games for us spring 2020.  Both he and Lockwood will be burning a year off their ELC’s, and (as a result) getting to the bigger money of their second contracts faster.  There are spots open in our roster for these guys to earn.  

For Rathbone, coming out next spring, instead of waiting to August 2022 will make him millions.  He will be into his big money second contract three years sooner!  

I think he will be ready to turn pro by next year if he has another improvement on his season. On the other hand the reason I see him staying in Harvard another year (two more years) is to be close to his bro with autism. 

1 hour ago, TGokou said:

I think he will be ready to turn pro by next year if he has another improvement on his season. On the other hand the reason I see him staying in Harvard another year (two more years) is to be close to his bro with autism. 

He should take another step next year, but Fox will be returning to Harvard unless he get's traded in the offseason. If he heads back, then Rathbone won't get prime offensive minutes (barring a Fox injury) until 2020-21. I think we should all hope that Fox is traded and signs with his new team.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, YungWee said:

Not sure if this has been discussed early, but whats the consensus about Jack turning pro? One more year of school or are we talking 3 years at Harvard with the potential of a Will Lockwood situation.

No real intel but I'd wager he turns pro next spring.

2 hours ago, gurn said:

What agreement does he have with the Canucks?

Mainly that he sticks with the team that drafted him. Canucks have been very patient with him and have treated him and his family well from what I can tell. They have a very good support network for kids with autism and I feel like that's something Rathbone would want to be a part of.

3 hours ago, TGokou said:

Mainly that he sticks with the team that drafted him. Canucks have been very patient with him and have treated him and his family well from what I can tell. They have a very good support network for kids with autism and I feel like that's something Rathbone would want to be a part of.

News flash, this is about business and opportunity. If Vcr offer those things he signs if not he goes where he can get those things

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

News flash, this is about business and opportunity. If Vcr offer those things he signs if not he goes where he can get those things

Adam Fox choosing not to sign with Calgary or Carolina has nothing to do with business or opportunity imo. He just wants to go to the team he wants to and that's completely in his right. It is just my thought but I believe that majority of players who don't sign with their teams has nothing to do with business...maybe opportunity. You think teams want to give up their valuable assets for free? They will get the business side done if it was just about money. A person's dream to play for the NHL team of your choice is a huge factor but in some instances I believe it could be bad blood behind the scenes that we don't know about. That's why I brought up the way the team treats the player.

On 4/20/2019 at 8:49 PM, ruilin96 said:

Ideal D group in 3 years:

Hughes - Woo

Juolevi - Rathbone

Hutton - Stecher

That D isn’t going anywhere in the playoffs, it’s soft as putty.  You have to add Tryamkin to that mix.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1