The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

It's nice to think that we have another group of forward AND defense prospects coming into the Comets and Canucks.

I think the plan all along has been for Jack to sign at the end of the season and get some pro games in.  In addition to the 3 college guys @filthycanuck listed above we have some of Hoglander, Podkolzin, Woo, Tryamkin joining the pro ranks over the next two years. Future is bright!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

It's nice to think that we have another group of forward AND defense prospects coming into the Comets and Canucks.

I think the plan all along has been for Jack to sign at the end of the season and get some pro games in.  In addition to the 3 college guys @filthycanuck listed above we have some of Hoglander, Podkolzin, Woo, Tryamkin joining the pro ranks over the next two years. Future is bright!

Hopefully all of those with the exception of Podz will be here next year

2 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

If I was Jack, I'd forced the canucks to give me one NHL game at least at the end of the season. Kinda like with Hughes, Teves, Rafferty. Burn that 1st year ELC

4 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

If I was Jack, I'd forced the canucks to give me one NHL game at least at the end of the season. Kinda like with Hughes, Teves, Rafferty. Burn that 1st year ELC

Just one game precludes him from further NCAA participation, so he has to be all in or nothing

13 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Theres also a need for D-men hence my money on Boner signing a deal. Not so much to make the team (maybe?) but if he needs seasoning, some of the guys in the farm might be ready to step up (Juolevi, Raffery?) with the high probability of Tanev and maybe even Stetch leaving the organization, Rathbones gotta fill a spot either here or in Utica

Wasn't Teves and Rafferty signed to a different kind of contract?  I am not sure but I thought I remember something about their contracts were different than Adam, Quinn and Brock's ELC.  Some one who knows more could speak to this.

Just now, dpn1 said:

Wasn't Teves and Rafferty signed to a different kind of contract?  I am not sure but I thought I remember something about their contracts were different than Adam, Quinn and Brock's ELC.  Some one who knows more could speak to this.

They were older when they signed out of college so I believe the max length ELC for these two guys was 2 years.

They are both signed for 700K for this year and the next, after which they will both have arbitration rights as RFAs and be one season from UFA status as 26 year olds.

If Jack signs at the end of this year I believe his ELC signing age will be 20 meaning he can sign a standard 3 year ELC like Mitch Eliot did after his junior career.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

The reason why one game is to burn his first year ELC. So he can sign a new contract sooner kinda like Boeser. Thats what we did we Rafferty and Teves 

That's why they have agents. But the choice to turn pro is all Rathbones and it's an all in choice, you can't be part pregnant :lol:

• Haha 1

Juolevi and Rathbone, although both left-hand shot defenseman, would be the perfect modern-day defense pairing. The analytics in terms of zone exits, zone entries, and corsi-for would be off the charts. Juolevi has a bit more size and can better handle the defensive side of the game, and Rathbone is quick and not afraid to play physical. I think the two would complement each other perfectly, without sacrificing too much of the offensive or defensive side of things. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

They were older when they signed out of college so I believe the max length ELC for these two guys was 2 years.

They are both signed for 700K for this year and the next, after which they will both have arbitration rights as RFAs and be one season from UFA status as 26 year olds.

If Jack signs at the end of this year I believe his ELC signing age will be 20 meaning he can sign a standard 3 year ELC like Mitch Eliot did after his junior career.

They were both 24 when they signed their ELC's and could only sign for 1 season as a result. That one season was effectively eaten up at the end of the 2018/19 season and they both signed new two year contracts this summer that are no longer ELC's.

• Age 18-21: Three-Year Deal
  • Age 22-23: Two-Year Deal
  • Age 24: One- Year Deal
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Juolevi and Rathbone, although both left-hand shot defenseman, would be the perfect modern-day defense pairing. The analytics in terms of zone exits, zone entries, and corsi-for would be off the charts. Juolevi has a bit more size and can better handle the defensive side of the game, and Rathbone is quick and not afraid to play physical. I think the two would complement each other perfectly, without sacrificing too much of the offensive or defensive side of things. 

Pfft,

Hughes

Juolevi

Rathbone

Thats a top 6LD to be very happy about soon

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Also like Brock , he shouldn't be able to sign an offer sheet.

that is if bone plays a few games at the end of the season.

sorry I can't remember the proper name for it. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Also like Brock , he shouldn't be able to sign an offer sheet.

that is if bone plays a few games at the end of the season.

sorry I can't remember the proper name for it. 

10.2(c) RFA.

Same as Hughes.

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Sorry to bring up Juolevi here but he’s showing to be a great offensive dman so far, not this defensive stalwart that some of you are describing.

I have been more impressed with OJ's defensive game so far this season.  I think we should keep him in Utica this year but he has looked good enough to be in Vancouver this season.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Three minutes into tonight’s game and Rathbone already has three shots. Will be interesting to see if he finishes with 60 shots. :lol:

Nabbed him as an un-drafted late 4th rounder this past summer in Fantasy :towel:

41 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nabbed him as an un-drafted late 4th rounder this past summer in Fantasy :towel:

Is that some kind of long range keeper pool ? Although, the way Ratbun is trending, you might not have to wait too long to enjoy some dividends!

• Cheers 1