The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

8 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Rathbones a great prospect

Hughes, Woo, Rathbone and Juolevi should be a great core for the future. If Tryamkin can step in as a RD we have a future defensive core that could be elite

Tryamkin is a LD along with Rathbone. Right shot defenders continue to be a weakness in the prospect pool with only Rafferty and Woo looking legit. Woo has not been great so far this year either. Rathbone looking like a stud and tryamkin coming back could offset juolevi’s Injury woes long term.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert Diesel said:

Tryamkin is a LD along with Rathbone. Right shot defenders continue to be a weakness in the prospect pool with only Rafferty and Woo looking legit. Woo has not been great so far this year either. Rathbone looking like a stud and tryamkin coming back could offset juolevi’s Injury woes long term.

FYG Tryamkin plays the right side. He's a LH player but like Lumme prefers the rightside

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bert Diesel said:

Tryamkin can play both sides. I agree we could use a high end RD prospect, but Rafferty has performed very well in his first pro year and Woo's lack of production doesn't dictate his value as a player. Woo is a defence first player that can play physical and chip in a few points. The exact type of a player we need to pair with Hughes in the future

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

FYG Tryamkin plays the right side. He's a LH player but like Lumme prefers the rightside

Yes, but the question is whether Green likes him on the right side.  Green is very set on having only RHD play on the right and vice versa.  I can't remember any other Canucks coach who was as rigid on this issue.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Yes, but the question is whether Green likes him on the right side.  Green is very set on having only RHD play on the right and vice versa.  I can't remember any other Canucks coach who was as rigid on this issue.

So you really think Green will force a player to play the opposite side from where he is accustomed to playing? Even when his preferred side is the spot where our team and the league is shallowest? So which players did he force to do this?

10 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Not a big fan of defenders playing their offside unless they are ultra skilled. too many missed pucks and dead plays on the boards.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Wow. That speed!!!

What are his plans. Is he planning on turning pro soon.. 

he's said several times over the last few years he wants to turn pro sooner than later. I'd suspect he's getting an offer at the end of this year, with the usual thing now of burning a year of ELC time. I actually think this is a smart strategy - its an inducement to sign, and it also puts RFA status in the same class as Boeser and Hughes which is good for team friendly deals. 

Super excited about this pick, seems like he's going to fit right in and like the character too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Holy crap....so now he is skating like McJesus and passing like Hughes...maybe we will have a pair of #1 D's like Makar and Byram in Colorado!

Makar and Byram are like EK and Doughty...

It's a lot to ask for that much fortune.

But if Rathbone can be a solid top 4 D I'd be happy. 

• Like 4