Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Jim Benning gave permission for Gaudette to attend yesterday's game. There's no doubt some Canucks brass would be there.

If the rest of the team was in Boston, why wouldn't they go to the game if they want to?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

If the rest of the team was in Boston, why wouldn't they go to the game if they want to?

Because they are all going to be busy buying up all the fresh cheese from the grocery stores in town so Marchand runs out of his pre-game meal.

 

Jk, everyone has different focus when they are on the road. Players are people too. They may have friends/former teammates they want to hang out with; checking out restaurants as well as just tour around the city when there is a chance to do so.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Jim Benning gave permission for Gaudette to attend yesterday's game. There's no doubt some Canucks brass would be there.

Why would Gaudette need GMJB permission to go to a college hockey game on an off day lol? These are adults

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Why would Gaudette need GMJB permission to go to a college hockey game on an off day lol? These are adults

Because he is employed by the Canucks and need to run things through management. Perhaps the team had a practice, but they allowed him to go. Who knows, but the broadcast suggested that Gaudette was granted permission.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dpn1 said:

If the rest of the team was in Boston, why wouldn't they go to the game if they want to?

Who knows, they may have had a practice or a team event, but allowed Gaudette to attend. Perhaps there were other players there too, but just not shown as Gaudette was a former star at the Beanpot so they showcased him specifically.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Because he is employed by the Canucks and need to run things through management. Perhaps the team had a practice, but they allowed him to go. Who knows, but the broadcast suggested that Gaudette was granted permission.

at night?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

at night?

He's representing the Canucks in a public manner. It makes sense that he would need permission from the club. He's not just going to have dinner with some friends or perhaps if he was just attending the game without the public part of it, then it would be a different story. Whatever the case, why does it matter if he requires permission or not? At the end of the day, he got to go and the schedule worked out well for him to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love Rathbone as well. Think he's going to be a decent prospect for the Canucks. 

 

On a side note. Do we have a right handed defenseman in the prospect pipeline? Nobody really comes to mind. 

 

Need to strengthen this area of the defensive corps. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Love Rathbone as well. Think he's going to be a decent prospect for the Canucks. 

 

On a side note. Do we have a right handed defenseman in the prospect pipeline? Nobody really comes to mind. 

 

Need to strengthen this area of the defensive corps. 

 

Woo and Raferty come to mind.:)

  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Love Rathbone as well. Think he's going to be a decent prospect for the Canucks. 

 

On a side note. Do we have a right handed defenseman in the prospect pipeline? Nobody really comes to mind. 

 

Need to strengthen this area of the defensive corps. 

 

Jett Woo, Brogan Rafferty?

  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Love Rathbone as well. Think he's going to be a decent prospect for the Canucks. 

 

On a side note. Do we have a right handed defenseman in the prospect pipeline? Nobody really comes to mind. 

 

Need to strengthen this area of the defensive corps. 

 

Not right handed, but Tryamkin plays almost exclusively on the right side and Hughes can play on the right side as well. Options in case we have too many promising LD.

  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Jett Woo, Brogan Rafferty?

if Rafferty turns out to be a top four defenseman, that would be fantastic. it's hard to draft right handed defensemen who can play top four, or top pairing. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...