The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

Just now, DeNiro said:

And you know the fact that he's 20 and people are treating him like an adult.

If anyone on here says they didn't break the law at 20 they either grew up very religious or they're a liar.

Considering I didn't when I was 20 and I'm athiest, that kind of already throws that argument out the window.

And I'm not lying about it either. I don't even have a point on my driver's license. lol

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Then that makes you the exception.

I don't know anyone who hasn't got a fine or a ticket for something when they were younger. If the worst thing I did when I was that age was take a couple fish out of a pond illegally I think my parents would be happy.

Regardless we don't even know the level to which he was involved, so to start making assumption about his character is pretty premature.

Which is why I stated to not make the assumption about his character; however, at the same time, I think it's of a similar mentality to completely disregard what he did when he has a potential bright future ahead of him and is going to be in more of a limelight than the "average joe". Is it a big deal compared to other things? Of course not, but it's also something a lot of people have feelings about, as evidenced on this forum. I think there just still needs to be a respect in the end.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Which is why I stated to not make the assumption about his character; however, at the same time, I think it's of a similar mentality to completely disregard what he did when he has a potential bright future ahead of him and is going to be in more of a limelight than the "average joe". Is it a big deal compared to other things? Of course not, but it's also something a lot of people have feelings about, as evidenced on this forum. I think there just still needs to be a respect in the end.

I'm just saying this isn't gonna impact his career long term. We can make all the assumptions about his character we want, but really it means nothing.

I'm just glad we're not hearing about him getting in a bar fight or smashing his car into a tree. That to me would raise a lot more red flags.

On a side note, I find it weird he's getting more discussion than Gadjovich and Dipietro, who have way higher potential. I guess CDC loves the underdogs. 

We used to jig Coho salmon, way up in the Chehalis river(Harrison region). Memories from the 80's. Climb down there with ropes..beautiful, but dangerous.

You'd have a backpack full of fish in under an hour. Bloody Hell to climb outa' that crevasse with a delicious load of sushi on my back! Paradise found.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I'm just saying this isn't gonna impact his career long term. We can make all the assumptions about his character we want, but really it means nothing.

I'm just glad we're not hearing about him getting in a bar fight or smashing his car into a tree. That to me would raise a lot more red flags.

On a side note, I find it weird he's getting more discussion than Gadjovich and Dipietro, who have way higher potential. I guess CDC loves the underdogs. 

Yup, CDC loves the ChihuahuaB)

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

We used to jig Coho salmon, way up in the Chehalis river(Harrison region). Memories from the 80's. Climb down there with ropes..beautiful, but dangerous.

You'd have a backpack full of fish in under an hour. Bloody Hell to climb outa' that crevasse with a delicious load of sushi on my back! Paradise found.

I've been to that spot, beautiful! Don't worry I won't tell anyone where it is...

I think we can just brush this off from a fan perspective, if he starts trending in a wrong direction then we can get worried. This is the problem nowadays with instant information, years ago we would have never heard of this violation that happened halfway around the world. He's 20 years old and thinks like a 20 year old. That's what I chalk it up to.

• Upvote 3

On 11.8.2017 at 10:19 PM, DeNiro said:

Chill out grandpa. I'm sure you did way worse stuff when you were 20 than getting fined for fishing.

People b!tch way too much nowadays. I'm sure he's learned his lesson now. I dont see this as a reflection of his hockey career at all. Just a bunch of kids getting into mischief during the summer. It's not like he was shooting down bald eagles with a crossbow. Move on.

Actually, I have to step in and clarify this a bit, as I live in Finland, and know a thing or 2 about fisheries here... Species was landlocked salmon, and there is fewer of them than you guys have bald eagles. All what is left of the "Lake Saimaa Salmon" is now in facilities, and they are trying to make them more healthy by "milking" the ones that have gone through long journey to spawning areas. 
Still, Petrus has given here a face for ignorance and bad behaviour in nature. So, ironic as it is, he made a good PR for Salmons and people trying to preserve them. Penalties here for even this kind of stunt are minimal, small fine and bye... 

• Upvote 4

On 11/08/2017 at 1:26 PM, DeNiro said:

And you know the fact that he's 20 and people are treating him like an adult.

If anyone on here says they didn't break the law at 20 they either grew up very religious or they're a liar.

I'm more shocked that the usual band of merry dumbasses that troll this board haven't complained that he was out fishing instead of training.

6 hours ago, stawns said:

I'm more shocked that the usual band of merry dumbasses that troll this board haven't complained that he was out fishing instead of training.

Running from forrest rangers can be considered as high heart rate exercise? ::D

• Upvote 2

On 8/13/2017 at 3:06 PM, stawns said:

It definitely does seem like some people think these players are machines rather than human beings. It's kind of sad really. lol

On 8/12/2017 at 11:51 PM, Finlander said:

Actually, I have to step in and clarify this a bit, as I live in Finland, and know a thing or 2 about fisheries here... Species was landlocked salmon, and there is fewer of them than you guys have bald eagles. All what is left of the "Lake Saimaa Salmon" is now in facilities, and they are trying to make them more healthy by "milking" the ones that have gone through long journey to spawning areas. 
Still, Petrus has given here a face for ignorance and bad behaviour in nature. So, ironic as it is, he made a good PR for Salmons and people trying to preserve them. Penalties here for even this kind of stunt are minimal, small fine and bye... 

The way I see it, people are going to make a big deal about this given the location where this team is at. Vancouver is the birthplace of Greenpeace. It is known for having a lot of environmentalists. (sometimes speaking about some things without really knowing what's going on but that's a discussion for another day lol)

Now, I don't think it's right to ignore what Petrus did, as I've stated previously in this thread. I also don't think it's as severe as other people have stated it, but, like I said, given who tends to live in Vancouver, it's probably the city in the NHL where you don't want to be doing things like these as a player. lol

29 minutes ago, The Lock said:

The way I see it, people are going to make a big deal about this given the location where this team is at. Vancouver is the birthplace of Greenpeace. It is known for having a lot of environmentalists. (sometimes speaking about some things without really knowing what's going on but that's a discussion for another day lol)

Now, I don't think it's right to ignore what Petrus did, as I've stated previously in this thread. I also don't think it's as severe as other people have stated it, but, like I said, given who tends to live in Vancouver, it's probably the city in the NHL where you don't want to be doing things like these as a player. lol

People get hell bent about everything. Not saying this is right. But, typically its these fat maroons spraying accusations about how $&!#ty of a person Petrus or whoever the star is. But, ultimately refusing to look back at themselves and see all the shady $&!# they did as a kid. Hypocrites. 

Edited by KKnight

35 minutes ago, KKnight said:

People get hell bent about everything. Not saying this is right. But, typically its these fat maroons spraying accusations about how $&!#ty of a person Petrus or whoever the star is. But, ultimately refusing to look back at themselves and see all the shady $&!# they did as a kid. Hypocrites. 

I resent that remark. 

• Upvote 2