The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

Just now, KyoNami said:

Who doesn't have a weird fascination with them? Such a strange group of people (in the good way)

In the best way. I have this thing with one of my best friends called 'Fun Finn Fact Friday'. Every Friday (kinda, I have been running out of material the last year or so) I try to post an interesting tidbit of information about Finland or a Finnish person on his facebook profile. No idea why it's a thing, but it is.

I grew up with Trevor Linden and Jyrki Lumme as my 2 favorite players, and my favorite players to ever play outside the Canucks are Teemu Selanne and Martin St. Louis. Obviously I'm going to love this kid.

• Upvote 2

I started hearing about this guy just a few months ago, and I was quietly hoping Jim would take a late-round chance.

He's going tear it up in Utica. 

Is it an AHL pick though? Lord knows skilled short guys do not get a chance with this regime.

go watch some vids though guys, this kid is a literal puck wizard. He may be Utica's leading scorer next year.

2 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

In the best way. I have this thing with one of my best friends called 'Fun Finn Fact Friday'. Every Friday (kinda, I have been running out of material the last year or so) I try to post an interesting tidbit of information about Finland or a Finnish person on his facebook profile. No idea why it's a thing, but it is.

I grew up with Trevor Linden and Jyrki Lumme as my 2 favorite players, and my favorite players to ever play outside the Canucks are Teemu Selanne and Martin St. Louis. Obviously I'm going to love this kid.

That sounds awesome! Hopefully, we can get our second coming of St. Louis here...

5 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Palmu vs kailer yamamoto

98 points vs 99 points

differance is palmu is 20 in July and jailer is 19 in September but round 6 vs round 1 

If Palmu was 4" taller he would have gone in the first two rounds IMO.

Could be a great pick!

26 minutes ago, KyoNami said:

Who doesn't have a weird fascination with them? Such a strange group of people (in the good way)

I'll be living in Finland for 4 months starting in the Fall. Will update and confirm their strangeness level. 

Edited by Zoolander
  • Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Think he's going to Finland next year. Could be wrong. 

I wouldn't be shocked if he changes his plans now that he got drafted. He was probably headed to Finland with the idea he wasn't gonna be selected, but now that he has, there is a chance he ends up in Utica. Canucks should have a few AHL spots open (as well as contract slots), so giving him a chance now isn't the worst idea.

• Upvote 1