The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

After watching Palmu last year it seemed to me he was not fast enough and not strong enough.  I wish him all the best in Utica but he is a long shot to play 100 games in the AHL let alone 100 games in the NHL.  He is a good prospect and I hope he proves me wrong but that will have to wait so we can see how he does.:)

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

After watching Palmu last year it seemed to me he was not fast enough and not strong enough.  I wish him all the best in Utica but he is a long shot to play 100 games in the AHL let alone 100 games in the NHL.  He is a good prospect and I hope he proves me wrong but that will have to wait so we can see how he does.:)

If he doesn't make it I'd think his agent will ask for an outright release to try else where. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a team interested or a contract back in EU

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Derp... said:

Cheers for that too. Thought it was his plan to return to the AHL after the Google translate, but I guess not yet.

He's under contract here. I think he has no choice but to come here unless we loan him. He could mutually terminate his contract and play elsewhere of his choice, but then he's giving up NHL contract money.

22 hours ago, Jasin23 said:

Listened to the interview again, what he says is, he is coming back to fight for the NHL spot - what that means, I have no idea. But I would say, that NHL camp a then they decide. However, my feeling is, that second departure to Europe wouldn't be seen too positively by Canucks..

Had a good summer, without any injuries and he has been imporving quickness and speed.

Canucks loaned him out. Palmu may have requested it, but it was ultimately the Canucks' decision to let him go. If they didn't like the idea, they could've requested that he mutually agree to terminate the contract so he could choose where he would want to play and save ourselves a contract spot. I highly doubt there are any bad feelings here and was simply a developmental choice. Hope to see him back and ready to compete. Him and Gadj need to rekindle that friendship.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stawns said:

I think this is the last we see of Palmu

I would have to agree that he's likely a write off at this point. Why not just mutually agree to terminate the contract though? I think he's still signed for another year too. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I would have to agree that he's likely a write off at this point. Why not just mutually agree to terminate the contract though? I think he's still signed for another year too. 

opens up another contract spot, for sure.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

So either Palmu doesn't want to give up that sweet ELC money or perhaps the Canucks actually view this as a development plan.

that could be too........if they're not mutually terminating his contract, they obviously feel he's got a shot still. Interesting decision though

• 4 weeks later...