The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Can you find somewhere that Dahlen himself say that? 

The things I read it talks about more of an agreement with Benning and the agent. 

Really? He's doing fine in Timrå and it seems as he's taken a step further in development with the AHL experience.

But, I just compared situations with Palmu as they are similar. If you want to talk about Dahlen only he got his alumnithread. 

Dude, agents don't ask for a trade without instructions from their client.  

Dahlen would have directed his agent to find him a trade.   Your need to hero worship Dahlen is fine, there is a statue of him somewhere....  

Ita not here, that's for sure.  Other than you, no one here wants to talk about Dahlen.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Dude, agents don't ask for a trade without instructions from their client.  

Dahlen would have directed his agent to find him a trade.   

Benning says one thing and Dahlen says one thing. 

J. P barry is quite experienced so if Dahlen say to them that he want a better situation(within the club) they solve it after negotiating with Benning. 

After I read a a few posts about cap space and that GMs have to carefully have a few expensive stars and the rest should be cheap contracts often involving prospects./rookies it means keeping players at hold in AHL. If you let promising players up too quickly you end up forced trading players. 

So why didn't they just send him to Timrå as they let Palmu go? 

What happened at Utica? 

"FTF: If I could clear up some things then, did your agent ask for a trade?

JD: No, I don’t think so." 

https://www.fearthefin.com/2019/2/27/18242765/2019-nhl-trade-deadline-jonathan-dahlen-vancouver-canucks-jim-benning-san-jose-sharks-barracuda

Your need to hero worship Dahlen is fine, there is a statue of him somewhere....  

How is this even close to worshipping a player? 

I become a fan of the Canucks because of Petey. That is more like it. 

Ita not here, that's for sure.  Other than you, no one here wants to talk about Dahlen.  

Why even bother to respond to my post?

By responding you express a will to talk about him... 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Benning says one thing and Dahlen says one thing. 

J. P barry is quite experienced so if Dahlen say to them that he want a better situation(within the club) they solve it after negotiating with Benning. 

After I read a a few posts about cap space and that GMs have to carefully have a few expensive stars and the rest should be cheap contracts often involving prospects./rookies it means keeping players at hold in AHL. If you let promising players up too quickly you end up forced trading players. 

So why didn't they just send him to Timrå as they let Palmu go? 

What happened at Utica? 

"FTF: If I could clear up some things then, did your agent ask for a trade?

JD: No, I don’t think so." 

https://www.fearthefin.com/2019/2/27/18242765/2019-nhl-trade-deadline-jonathan-dahlen-vancouver-canucks-jim-benning-san-jose-sharks-barracuda

How is this even close to worshipping a player? 

I become a fan of the Canucks because of Petey. That is more like it. 

Why even bother to respond to my post?

By responding you express a will to talk about him... 

I don't...   truly have zero interest.  This is a thread about Palmu.  There is a thread about your personal hero, maybe you should go there to talk about him.  

Talking about any player currently a canucks asset in the prospects forum, sure.  

You want to chat about Ep40, Hughes, OJ, Woo, Palmu etc... I am game.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

I don't...   truly have zero interest.  This is a thread about Palmu.  There is a thread about your personal hero, maybe you should go there to talk about him.  

Talking about any player currently a canucks asset in the prospects forum, sure.  

You want to chat about Ep40, Hughes, OJ, Woo, Palmu etc... I am game.  

It's even better if you only adress the question regarding the similar situation instead of posting 3 posts about someone you don't want to talk about. 

• Wat 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

It's even better if you only adress the question regarding the similar situation instead of posting 3 posts about someone you don't want to talk about. 

Again, you can't seem to let go of your favourite topic.  

I did address the question  about why Palmu was allowed, if not encouraged to go back Ligia and work on his game is that he didn't ask his agent to push for a trade.  

Your the only poster that somehow thinks that Dahlen thru his agent didn't ask for a trade.  

No point in continuing to discuss a player who was a second tier prospect that is no longer a club asset.  

I would much rather hear about Linus Karlsson, have you seen him play.  I would like to get some insight into his progress this year.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Sorry, I only watch the Canucks. 

I might get a peek at the World Juniors with Höglander. 

My crystal ball says it will go 1 of 2 ways with you and Hoglander.  He doesn't pan out as a Canuck prospect, you will rip the organization for not developing him properly.  He turns out to be a star, you will rip the organization for not deploying him properly.  Your nationalism blinds you.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Dungass said:

Your nationalism blinds you.

Why make up such drama?? 

There is a very simple reason why I talk more about Dahlen than par example Madden. I know more about him through media at home. 

As with Loui. I read the articles in swedish and understood the interview a lot more than posters in NA that either misunderstood by themself or read an article from a journalist who couldn't translate properly. 

Either a lot of posters here like to troll me or they have a very serious lack of understanding. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Can you find somewhere that Dahlen himself say that? 

The things I read it talks about more of an agreement with Benning and the agent. 

There are conflicting reports. Who knows if the words actually came out of the mouth of Dahlen or not, but something was said by his agent (unlikely to be JP Barry himself, but probably one of his cohort working on a "low profile" player and the agent wanted to make a name for himself) to Benning to make him believe he wanted to be traded and JB obliged. It didn't work out for him here and he left the SJ organization. Now hopefully for Dahlen he develops more and returns back to the NHL because I believe he has the skill to be successful.

We can go on and on based on speculation, but at the end of the day, one still remains in our organization and one isn't, so there either was a trade request or a communication breakdown. The Palmu situation (amongst others) seems to indicate that we are open to suggestions that help the players feel like they are doing what's best for themselves, so we have a history of working with our players. We will see if Dahlen takes that next step and has made the right career decisions for himself.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Does anyone here want Dahlen back?  

I wouldn't mind at a low cost. He still is putting up great numbers in his league, but I hope to see him amongst better competition and be able to step out of his comfort zone. He needs to be willing to try new things to improve his game. This is what the Canucks did with Jake and even though he has limited minutes, he is going to have a much longer career because he was willing to listen to the coaches and adapt his game. Tough love is not suited for all, but the intention of the coaches are generally to get the best out of the players. Dahlen just needs to trust the process.

Just now, theo5789 said:

I wouldn't mind at a low cost. He still is putting up great numbers in his league, but I hope to see him amongst better competition and be able to step out of his comfort zone. He needs to be willing to try new things to improve his game. This is what the Canucks did with Jake and even though he has limited minutes, he is going to have a much longer career because he was willing to listen to the coaches and adapt his game. Tough love is not suited for all, but the intention of the coaches are generally to get the best out of the players. Dahlen just needs to trust the process.

So Failhen comes back... who do you see him beating out for a roster spot in 2 years?  No one I can think of if Baer couldn't make this roster.  

13 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

There are conflicting reports. Who knows if the words actually came out of the mouth of Dahlen or not, but something was said by his agent (unlikely to be JP Barry himself, but probably one of his cohort working on a "low profile" player and the agent wanted to make a name for himself) to Benning to make him believe he wanted to be traded and JB obliged. It didn't work out for him here and he left the SJ organization. Now hopefully for Dahlen he develops more and returns back to the NHL because I believe he has the skill to be successful.

We can go on and on based on speculation, but at the end of the day, one still remains in our organization and one isn't, so there either was a trade request or a communication breakdown. The Palmu situation (amongst others) seems to indicate that we are open to suggestions that help the players feel like they are doing what's best for themselves, so we have a history of working with our players. We will see if Dahlen takes that next step and has made the right career decisions for himself.

Thanks for a good answer. :)

Too bad it seem to be scarce here... 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

So Failhen comes back... who do you see him beating out for a roster spot in 2 years?  No one I can think of if Baer couldn't make this roster.  

Well that's why I said for cheap. It depends on Dahlen if he wants to find another level to his game. If he is willing to return here then that opens up the possibility that he has accepted that he was in error in the past. Not saying it would work out, but I wouldn't be upset if it did happen and I'm willing to give him another shot if he's willing.