Sign in to follow this  
Tomato Pajamas

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Sorry, I only watch the Canucks. 

I might get a peek at the World Juniors with Höglander. 

yo  Linus Karlsson is a Canuck, if you think back you will remember he was traded for Dahlen.

And if you supposedly only watch the Canucks, why are you watching Dahlen anyway?

And finally why aren't we talking about Palmu in a Palmu thread?

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

So, about that Petrus Palmu guy.. 

If he rejoins the Comets before their season ends or next season where would he theoretically slot in? 

39 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

My loosing what? My shoelace

Your wit... Now you're just,  I wanna be with the big boys. 

34 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Make up your mind.  You seem to be confused - often.  Here is an article quoting Benning.  I trust Benning before Dahlen or you.  Can't wait for you to spin this.  

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/jonathan-dahlen-requested-trade-sent-to-san-jose-sharks-for-linus-karlsson-1.23645383

I've said it before. Benning saving face while sacrificing a young prospect to the wolfs isn' t someone I would trust. 

But, hey, you guys might be used to chicken bosses over there. 

37 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I've said it before. Benning saving face while sacrificing a young prospect to the wolfs isn' t someone I would trust. 

But, hey, you guys might be used to chicken bosses over there. 

Very true you have.  Dahlen will have much lower expectations from his team and easier competition.  Good fit. 

I do like my chicken bosses.  I guess playing in the relegation league in Sweden is the most direct way to the NHL. 

11 minutes ago, Borvat said:

guess playing in the relegation league in Sweden is the most direct way to the NHL. 

Well, he is a Shark now and of no interest for us here. He was a ppg player last time in Timrå. Now he is a 1.5ppg. Something did he pick up at Utica.

But I like him in Timrå and I hope he is allowed to stay the whole season and next one. 

Shall we talk about Palmu from now on? 

41 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, he is a Shark now and of no interest for us here. He was a ppg player last time in Timrå. Now he is a 1.5ppg. Something did he pick up at Utica.

But I like him in Timrå and I hope he is allowed to stay the whole season and next one. 

Shall we talk about Palmu from now on? 

Basically like playing in the ECHL at best - two levels below the NHL.  Everyone has been waiting for you here in the Palmu thread. Welcome back. 

No matter what level of skill he has, Palmu is still 5'6". Built like a fire hydrant but has skill to burn sure. 

Easy to cheer for. Yes. But he's a massive dark horse to make the NHL. 

Given the choice between who will make it, Palmu or Hoglander. I'd bet on Hoglander. He's got 2" and 12 pounds on Palmu. 

It's great to see guys overcome the odds. 

I just think the odds in Palmu's favor are very slim for the NHL. 

A lock for a team in Europe with the big ice. 

But he will be entertaining. 

• Hydration 1

18 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Well that's why I said for cheap. It depends on Dahlen if he wants to find another level to his game. If he is willing to return here then that opens up the possibility that he has accepted that he was in error in the past. Not saying it would work out, but I wouldn't be upset if it did happen and I'm willing to give him another shot if he's willing.

Did SJ release him outright or retain his rights? 

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Did SJ release him outright or retain his rights? 

Capfriendly shows that he's still signed for this season with SJ and the contract has a European assignment clause. He's a RFA next year, so they likely retain his rights.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Might be for the best. If he takes another step forward next season in the Liiga it'll be hard for Benning not to sign him over here for a look in NA.

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Might be for the best. If he takes another step forward next season in the Liiga it'll be hard for Benning not to sign him over here for a look in NA.

Palmu is signed already and was here, then bolted. Ever since he's been loaned to Europe. I'm not even sure he's been back for training camp since either. It doesn't seem like he's going to be back anytime soon if ever.

On 6/12/2020 at 9:52 PM, theo5789 said:

Palmu is signed already and was here, then bolted. Ever since he's been loaned to Europe. I'm not even sure he's been back for training camp since either. It doesn't seem like he's going to be back anytime soon if ever.

Not sure he "bolted" ..... he had known communications problems with Cull, and it didn't help that his buddy, Gadjovich, had trouble cracking the Utica line up that season (injuries, and indifferent play)  so a mutual decision was made that he would return to Finland.

But you are right, he wasn't invited to training camp last September, and I don't see him in Benning's future plans, so I doubt he will be resigned after his ELC expires 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:52 PM, theo5789 said:

Not a big loss if that's the case. No disrespect to him or anything, but I always think when a miscommunication happens, it's up to both parties to fix it. This includes Palmu.

2 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Sounds petty, but depends on what the whole story is.

Certainly, if the Canucks are actually telling him he’s “not welcome,” than it would be better to just terminate the deal and let the kid free. But is Palmu

willing? Would he terminate now, or want to wait until his last signing bonus gets paid? Are the Canucks really shutting him out, or do they think his development is better served  playing another year in Europe? Did Palmu really burn bridges in Utica? Are they really punishing him for his public comments? 

It’s hard to know the whole story. I’ve heard a fair amount coming from both sides, and none of it sounds very good, as far as the relationship between Palmu and the Canucks, or his chance for a future with this organization. 

If they’re really done with each other, and just waiting out the clock on his ELC, then termination would be the right thing to do, assuming both parties are willing.

But also have to say, Benning has generally been more than accommodating, when it comes to trying to do the right thing by players. I’d be surprised if management is just punishing Palmu. Haven’t really seen that kind of pettiness from them before. It might be that Benning is letting Cull make the decisions on whether or not he wants Palmu in his team, and just keeping his nose out of Utica business, at least when it comes to this (relatively minor) level of player decision. 

Whatever that case, I do think that Palmu, assuming he wants to, should be given a chance to come back over, attend the camps, to try to earn a spot. Of course, it’s hard to say what that would entail these days, given the uncertainty around COVID-19, and when the next season will even happen.

It’s also quite possible that the Canucks are just focused on more important things than where Palmu is gonna play next year, and are being more indifferent than petty, simply because they have much bigger things on their plate right now.

• Upvote 4

Still no sign of him signing anywhere yet which is quite bizarre considering he had a stand out year with JyP HT Jyvaskyla with 35 points in 47 games in the Liiga. 

Not sure what the internal plans are for him, but if there is no interest to bring him back, he is just taking up a contract spot and doing nothing for your club or affiliate clubs.  They should mutually terminate and free up a contract spot to sign another prospect like Carson Focht.