The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

10 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Yeah it would have been easier to say no you don't know instead of two paragraphs of jibberish.

A scouting director is either the one running the drafting of players like Brackett in Minnesota currently is under Guerin and before Benning essentially sidelined him in 2019 or the GM has the final say and the scouting director puts the board together and gives their opinion on who to take where or who they should target. 

You are happy to see how a Amateur scouting director works running the draft

Here is how a scouting director works when the GM has last say

I’ve seen all of these videos

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Yeah it would have been easier to say no you don't know instead of two paragraphs of jibberish.

A scouting director is either the one running the drafting of players like Brackett in Minnesota currently is under Guerin and before Benning essentially sidelined him in 2019 or the GM has the final say and the scouting director puts the board together and gives their opinion on who to take where or who they should target. 

You are happy to see how a Amateur scouting director works running the draft

Here is how a scouting director works when the GM has last say

I love how you pretend you know what goes on.

If Benning was so useless at scouting, why is he kept then? Why didn't they just bump Brackett to GM status? Why didn't Brackett just bring his credentials to be GM of Minnesota?

:lol:

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’ve seen all of these videos

No way. How could you have seen these insider videos? I have never seen these videos before. I can't believe Benning is actually going through the scouting lists!

TroyGamble is trying to enlighten us here about how scouting works. He obviously knows about it because he sent the link.

I have no idea how else he could've obtained these videos...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

So one bad report and you think that's it, he is a bad reporter?

It's a great thing you aren't in media with a following because you have no clue what you are talking about that if that were true why would Sekeres and Price get AGM Chris Gearhead and goaltending coach and scout Ian Clarke in the last month live on their show. 

What else do you want to talk nonsense about? 

You and @wallstreetamigo would be best pals. :lol:

Sekeres is a fringe reporter. Plain and simple.

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

No way. How could you have seen these insider videos? I have never seen these videos before. I can't believe Benning is actually going through the scouting lists!

TroyGamble is trying to enlighten us here about how scouting works. He obviously knows about it because he sent the link.

I have no idea how else he could've obtained these videos...

Oh those are the ones they share on CDC. Suppose to, you know, give the fans a chance have some fun with the draft. Get a feel for it, get excited. 

But I suppose you could use them as a learning tool too. See who the real boss is. Maybe that what it was meant for. 

• Wat 1

20 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I love how you pretend you know what goes on.

If Benning was so useless at scouting, why is he kept then? Why didn't they just bump Brackett to GM status? Why didn't Brackett just bring his credentials to be GM of Minnesota?

:lol:

Because Brackett is an amateur scout and only wants to deal with the draft and scouting, happens all the time in the NFL where a head scout stays for decades and is given autonomy and that's all Brackett wanted was to run the draft of an NHL team and Benning being insecure about Brackett's rise in popularity with Canuck fans or how he hits more picks out of the park then him either way Benning reversed what change Linden did in giving the scouting director autonomy in running the draft. There is a great twitter post on Canuck draft picks that hit and how most all resided in Brackett's scouting territory, why do you think the Canucks have so many Eastern NCAA and New England area draft picks and college free agents that have worked?

The guy is like an NHL Jimmy Johnson and Benning just let his ego take over and let him go because Brackett wanted what he proved he was great at. 

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Because Brackett is an amateur scout and only wants to deal with the draft and scouting, happens all the time in the NFL where a head scout stays for decades and is given autonomy and that's all Brackett wanted was to run the draft of an NHL team and Benning being insecure about Brackett's rise in popularity with Canuck fans or how he hits more picks out of the park then him either way Benning reversed what change Linden did in giving the scouting director autonomy in running the draft. There is a great twitter post on Canuck draft picks that hit and how most all resided in Brackett's scouting territory, why do you think the Canucks have so many Eastern NCAA and New England area draft picks and college free agents that have worked?

The guy is like an NHL Jimmy Johnson and Benning just let his ego take over and let him go because Brackett wanted what he proved he was great at. 

:picard::picard::picard:

Honestly, this is so embarrassing that we have fans who actually think like this.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Apparently he knows everyone very well. Personality traits. Everything lmao 

Again never said I know anyone, if you happen to read articles then you start understand these things, seriously you guys think I am the GM or something.

martin freeman no GIF

All of this was on the athletic or the province or 1040 before it's demise. 

Seriously you guys are just sorry

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble
  • RoughGame 2

15 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

why do you think the Canucks have so many Eastern NCAA and New England area draft picks and college free agents that have worked?

John Weisbrod attended Harvard, grew up in Boston area, then worked as a GM for Albany of the AHL for four years.  

After a job with RDV Sports where he managed both the IHL team and also the Orlando Magic for a year (weirdest career decision), he returned to hockey.  

Dallas Stars then hired him as a scout for the New England region.  

Then Boston hired him first as a pro scout, before naming him the Bruins' Director of Collegiate Scouting. 

Judd Brackett did a great job with the Canucks, but John Weisbrod is very very closely connected to the Eastern US. 

On 7/27/2021 at 12:15 AM, Dazzle said:

:picard::picard::picard:

Honestly, this is so embarrassing that we have fans who actually think like this.

@Dazzle - I've got this clown on ignore.  The only time I see his moronic posts is when someone quotes him. I find the best way to separate myself from morons like the guy you're quoting is to throw them on ignore.

• Cheers 1

On 7/27/2021 at 12:32 AM, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Again never said I know anyone, if you happen to read articles then you start understand these things, seriously you guys think I am the GM or something.

martin freeman no GIF

All of this was on the athletic or the province or 1040 before it's demise. 

Seriously you guys are just sorry

God help us if you go anywhere near an exec job. Your complete disregard for evidence contrary to what you project things to be makes you a horrible decision maker.

On 7/27/2021 at 12:34 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

John Weisbrod attended Harvard, grew up in Boston area, then worked as a GM for Albany of the AHL for four years.  

After a job with RDV Sports where he managed both the IHL team and also the Orlando Magic for a year (weirdest career decision), he returned to hockey.  

Dallas Stars then hired him as a scout for the New England region.  

Then Boston hired him first as a pro scout, before naming him the Bruins' Director of Collegiate Scouting. 

Judd Brackett did a great job with the Canucks, but John Weisbrod is very very closely connected to the Eastern 

Always wondered what is Weisbrods' main duties as AGM ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

16 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Lol, always wondered where he fits and how much of the blame/credit should be his ?

Easy to figure out.

The credit goes to Weisbrod or the Sedins and the blame goes to J.B.; how long have you been here anyway?

• Haha 3

On 8/1/2021 at 12:38 AM, ShawnAntoski said:

Always wondered what is Weisbrods' main duties as AGM ?

I think that he does a bit of everything. I remember that Jim was asked this very question on one of his 650 interviews.  

People assume that he does nothing lol 

spacer.png