The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van/Edm(Proposal)

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just proposed this in a McDavid thread that was locked. Drai & McD prob will cost the Coilers 22, 23 millish AAV-ludicrous!

They'll NEED cap space. So how's this?..

To Edm: Sutter & Granny(about 5.3 mill AAV combined)

To Van: RNH & Pouliot(dead weight contract, only 2 more yrs) 10,000,000 AAV combined

BIG cap-help for Edm. We turn part of Kesler-return(& Shinkaruk) into a 24 yo, local kid, & former 1st OA pick!

I'd prefer this to be Sutter and Baer or even just Sutter but I like the idea of bringing in more skill at C... but the Nuge sucks on face-offs, but we do have the guru Manny Malholtra who may be able to improve on that. 

How about Sutter for RNH and Fayne and their 2018 1st? 

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'd prefer this to be Sutter and Baer or even just Sutter but I like the idea of bringing in more skill at C... but the Nuge sucks on face-offs, but we do have the guru Manny Malholtra who may be able to improve on that. 

How about Sutter for RNH and Fayne and their 2018 1st? 

Not too shabby. Looking at capfriendly, I can see a number of variations(principles being Sutter & RNH). The questions being RNH's value to us, & how much cap we need to relieve Chiarelli from, in order to swing the deal.

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Not too shabby. Looking at capfriendly, I can see a number of variations(principles being Sutter & RNH). The questions being RNH's value to us, & how much cap we need to relieve Chiarelli from, in order to swing the deal.

i think nugget can bring some scoring, but we would miss Sutter in a shut down role until someone else could be developed or brought in. We may also be able to grab up a free agent veteran C and play nuge on the wing. 

Edmonton see's Fayne as a total bust and cap waste, but I've read the guys actually a hard worker with a good attitude so you never know, he could be good for depth, but we'd need to get a high pick back to make this palatable. 

I would be down to acquire Nuge for cheap (2nd and minor asset?).  
They need cap space, they let him go for cheap (like how we stole Ehrhoff from the Sharks).

We could really use a guy like Nuge, he's signed for several more seasons but will still be in his 20's at the end of it.  He's played in a defensive role in games against guys like Getzlaf as recently as this playoffs, and given his skill and smarts I think he would be good for a similar role, up the middle or on the wing.  

As well, when the Sedins walk away (which could very well be soon), he can also step up in the top-6 as a skilled guy, or as a setup man for Jake or Gadjovich (getting him with some size to play with would be optimal).  As a guy who as recently put up 56 points he should be able to at least replicate it in a similar role, and with decent finishers here (Granny, Brock, etc.).  SImilarly important, he can bridge the gap between the current guys and the next wave (Pettersson, Dahlen as potential top-6 centers, plus whoever we draft in upcoming years). 

Lastly it'd also fit the BC boy narrative, and also allows us to rip off the oil B).  Sign me up if it's a bargain bin deal.

4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just proposed this in a McDavid thread that was locked. Drai & McD prob will cost the Coilers 22, 23 millish AAV-ludicrous!

They'll NEED cap space. So how's this?..

To Edm: Sutter & Granny(about 5.3 mill AAV combined)

To Van: RNH & Pouliot(dead weight contract, only 2 more yrs) 10,000,000 AAV combined

BIG cap-help for Edm. We turn part of Kesler-return(& Shinkaruk) into a 24 yo, local kid, & former 1st OA pick!

would not work, Sutter 4.3 million, Gurdbranson 3.5 =7.8 million......RNH 6 mil, Pouliot 3.5.. 9.5... oiler save 2 million

I really think RNH would be good in Van, great on face-offs and plays 200 foot game, he should be a 70 pt guy, need to let him go free and he will produce.

4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yet Nuge was wedged behind two obvious stars, wasn't he? Being a top pick, we'd have to think his ceiling is much higher.

Could see RNH as a 30g/70 pts guy, with the right linemates. Local kid, who's age fits in really well here(24).

& most everyone agrees Sutter's contract is pretty meh. But he returns home too. Edm could really use him nicely, in that 3C slot.

Next yr, Granny will be due for substantially more than 900k.

I really like how this could upgrade 2 of our previous transactions.

I really agree with you, RNH would be a 70 pt guy her and only 24..He is playing a defensive centre role this past year, Edmonton need to let him free to produce.. Would like him in a Canuck uniform..

33 minutes ago, wildcam said:

would not work, Sutter 4.3 million, Gurdbranson 3.5 =7.8 million......RNH 6 mil, Pouliot 3.5.. 9.5... oiler save 2 million

I really think RNH would be good in Van, great on face-offs and plays 200 foot game, he should be a 70 pt guy, need to let him go free and he will produce.

You've changed Granny to Gud..different guy.

You guys understand that McDavid's new contract won't kick in until the 18-19 season right? Edmonton isn't in cap trouble right now.  They don't need to dump RNH for the ridiculously low offers on this thread.  And if they do dump him. I doubt they'll do it to a division rival. 

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You guys understand that McDavid's new contract won't kick in until the 18-19 season right? Edmonton isn't in cap trouble right now.  They don't need to dump RNH for the ridiculously low offers on this thread.  And if they do dump him. I doubt they'll do it to a division rival. 

And again, EDM picked up Strome to fill that 3rd line center role, so the main piece that the proposal has going back (Sutter) ends up being redundant.

17 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Considering RNH is way overpaid for what he produces, wouldn't it actually make very good sense for the Oilers to "dump him" on a division rival?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Considering RNH is way overpaid for what he produces, wouldn't it actually make very good sense for the Oilers to "dump him" on a division rival?  

He's a 24 year old 50+ point player.  He's overpaid but not outrageously so.  It's not like he's a pure cap dump. I suspect several teams would step up with good offers if he hits the market.  There no need for them to send him to a team that they'll have to face several times a year. 

6 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Appreciate the disrespect there.

Who exactly was Granlund playing with last season? Well, a bunch of different players, most of whom were pretty inept offensively, hence the low assist total.

Also, $900,000 vs $6,000,000 per year.

Who did he play with? In order, Sutter, Eriksson, Sedin, Sedin. #6 was Hansen, a player who was traded at the deadline which is indicative of how much time he saw with those players. Decent players. Who did Nugent-Hopkins play with? Eberle, Lucic, Pouliot, Kassian, Maroon. I mean this is just worse. Eberle is a decent player, but this isn't comparable. 

I know that Eriksson had a down year, and may never recover, but I'd rather play with him than Pouliot, or Maroon, he did provide some creativity. Apparently the Sedins are inept offensively as well. You mention the disrespect, but what do you honestly expect when you spew nonsense and utter garbage? You did no research as to who Granlund played with, you're just being argumentative. It was plain from what you were saying that your opinion was completely unfounded, and your attempt to defend it just confirmed that. When you come in here and start preaching how good you think a player is going to be, which is so far fine, but then you just start making up reasons why you're right. Yeah, I'm going to insult you for it, because you deserve it.

You at no point mentioned value, I think their contracts are worth discussion if we're talking about value, although Granlund won't make 900,000 for much longer. So this is super short term, and somewhat mitigated, but admittedly not negligible. As an all round player though, Markus Granlund in 5v5 = 1.82 Goals For per 60, 2.99 Goals Against per 60. 38% ratio. Ryan Nugent Hopkins in 5v5 = 1.89 Goals For per 60, 2.23 Goals Against per 60. 45% ratio. RNH has higher assist totals and only one less goal, while logging more minutes playing a 3rd line role, doing a better job defensively, actually staying at center with 44% FO% instead of 39% and losing the center spot, while playing 82 games as opposed to 69 games, and with worse linemates. Like in what way is Granlund more rounded? Where is he better than RNH? Goal-Scoring? Possibly... I mean he had Eriksson, Sedin & Sedin setting him up. But okay. He COULD be better at goal scoring... Got that 1 extra goal shooting an unsustainable 15.6% (better than 12.3% in all games prior to this year) as opposed to RNH's 9%.... Still... we can give it to him... He loses in EVERY other regard.

I mean when you spew utter garbage, again I ask, what else did you expect?

1 hour ago, Aircool said:

Who did he play with? In order, Sutter, Eriksson, Sedin, Sedin. #6 was Hansen, a player who was traded at the deadline which is indicative of how much time he saw with those players. Decent players. Who did Nugent-Hopkins play with? Eberle, Lucic, Pouliot, Kassian, Maroon. I mean this is just worse. Eberle is a decent player, but this isn't comparable. 

I know that Eriksson had a down year, and may never recover, but I'd rather play with him than Pouliot, or Maroon, he did provide some creativity. Apparently the Sedins are inept offensively as well. You mention the disrespect, but what do you honestly expect when you spew nonsense and utter garbage? You did no research as to who Granlund played with, you're just being argumentative. It was plain from what you were saying that your opinion was completely unfounded, and your attempt to defend it just confirmed that. When you come in here and start preaching how good you think a player is going to be, which is so far fine, but then you just start making up reasons why you're right. Yeah, I'm going to insult you for it, because you deserve it.

You at no point mentioned value, I think their contracts are worth discussion if we're talking about value, although Granlund won't make 900,000 for much longer. So this is super short term, and somewhat mitigated, but admittedly not negligible. As an all round player though, Markus Granlund in 5v5 = 1.82 Goals For per 60, 2.99 Goals Against per 60. 38% ratio. Ryan Nugent Hopkins in 5v5 = 1.89 Goals For per 60, 2.23 Goals Against per 60. 45% ratio. RNH has higher assist totals and only one less goal, while logging more minutes playing a 3rd line role, doing a better job defensively, actually staying at center with 44% FO% instead of 39% and losing the center spot, while playing 82 games as opposed to 69 games, and with worse linemates. Like in what way is Granlund more rounded? Where is he better than RNH? Goal-Scoring? Possibly... I mean he had Eriksson, Sedin & Sedin setting him up. But okay. He COULD be better at goal scoring... Got that 1 extra goal shooting an unsustainable 15.6% (better than 12.3% in all games prior to this year) as opposed to RNH's 9%.... Still... we can give it to him... He loses in EVERY other regard.

I mean when you spew utter garbage, again I ask, what else did you expect?

5.1 mill extra for a player that had 11 extra points, actually scored less goals in 13 more games, and is on a noticeable downswing. And you're citing, goals for/goals against per 60 minutes when one team finished with 103 points and the other finished with 69 points? 

Just think about what you're saying for a second. Nugent Hopkins had a 2.23 goals against on 5v5 play vs a 1.89 goals against on 5v5.....On a 103 point team! Interesting how you leave the massive discrepancies between the quality of each team out of your post.

Christ :lol:

Also, you cite Hopkins whopping 44% FO % as some sort of plus, and compare it to the FO% of a player that's primarily a winger . Talk about skewering reality to suit your ridiculous narrative.

And for 5.1 million extra dollars? No thanks. 

Thank God you're not running this team. This type of idiocy is exactly what can run a franchise into the ground.

Good time to strike as their GM is making bad trades all over the place. Good value going back to Edmonton in a more traditional 3c centre and Granlund that can rotate on the top 9. All in all I'd do this trade nicely done. How many years is left on Pulliots deal? Maybe stick him in the top 6 and trade him at the deadline.

Archived