The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petterson vs Nylander

PRIMO88

2 minutes ago, ice orca said:

You are the guy that threw the first stone, give a reply like a man.

Did I throw a stone at your beloved Nylander? Closet Leafs fan? You sound like a troll, just trying to get attention. Since when did the Nylander Flamingo have anything to do with the most embarrassing moment in Canucks history? He doesn't even play for the franchise. Please respond to this "like a man".  

Edited by pluralsight

3 hours ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

In his draft year Nylander killed the tournaments (12-13-25pts in 14 international Jr games), and also played in the SHL where he did fairly decently. Thats part of the reason, but also he was drafted by the only hockey team in Canada as far as TSN and Sportsnet know. Any leaf draft pick will receive 10x the hype as any other prospect.

I think they know about McJesus-ton too.

Just now, pluralsight said:

Did a throw a stone at your beloved Nylander? Closet Leafs fan? You sound like a troll, just trying to get attention. Since when did the Nylander Flamingo have anything to do with the most embarrassing moment in Canucks history? He doesn't even play for the franchise. Please respond to this "like a man".  

I cant stand the Leafs.. typical response from a clown, the old troll closet Leafs fan come back.

Just now, Where's Wellwood said:

I don't think embarrassing is the right word for that. Maybe one of the darkest moments.

I think a number of terms can apply it it, both dark and embarrassing included.

Anyways, how 'bout that Pettersson kid? He's pretty good!

3 hours ago, Derp... said:

Defence is probably the biggest difference between the two during their draft years. Pettersson is pretty good at defence and back checking, Nylander was not.

Nylander at 18 was faster and had a harder shot for sure though. 

They are different players in my mind. 

Pettersson has a wicked slapper and wrister. I'd probably give shooting to Pettersson simply because he has more of a shot selection. Nylander is a better skater than Pettersson though. I agree on the defensive side of things, Pettersson is much better in his own zone then Nylander was/is. 

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Uhh....

2poqmwg.jpg

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Uh, pretty sure this is the most embarrassing moment:

4953825.jpg

We haven't won a Cup yet, but we did kill a guy, and then kill and enitre city.  Pretty sure we're the only franchise who can say that so who's the real winner?

Not much point comparing these two really, you might as well compare any Swedish undersized skilled center. The real comparisons that should be made are members of the same draft class, in particular those taken directly before or after each other, of similar position.

Nylander vs Ehlers is a really good comparison worth making.

Virtanen vs Ritchie is a fantastic comparison.

Virtanen vs Nylander is a tricky one, obviously one I've been involved with a lot before, but not as fair as the above comparisons.

Pettersson vs Mittelstatd, Glass and Vilardi will be one that goes on for ages, especilly considering 3 of them will be in the same division.

Petterson and Nylander arent similar players. Better comparison would be Petterson - Backström. Backström scored about 0.5ppg in SHL in his draft year. Petterson point per game in allsvenskan + over 1ppg in playoffs. Thats somewhat similar production since allsvenskan isnt that big of drop from SHL. D+1 year in SHL will tell us more when Backström scored almost ppg.

And my point is that Backström is twice the player that Nylander will ever be.

Edited by DallasDrake