The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Sign Burmistrov

with 

Wiercioch

and burmistrov signing - we are a pretty good freaking team. if Juolevi makes the lineup hes earned it. i like that. 

if he doesnt he knows why. hes not ready.  last year kind of have him a bad impression since sbisa, biega, pedan etc were not that far ahead of him.  

this will be a true trst for olli  i like it. if he gets shipped back to london he can fine tune his game. i suspect he will get a good stretch of games regardless to give him a feel of the nhl.  that or he could blow the doors off and steal a spot. that would be gravy. the added depth will also motivate ben hutton and stecher to be their bests. not that stecher needs much external motviation. :D

5 minutes ago, Zach Parise said:

Its a russian thing ...

is he leaving the van deal on the table to sign in the khl? lol god that would be terrifying. im excited to have him if we can finalize it.

1 hour ago, The Big Luongo said:

I agree.

I'd say Stecher was our best overall defenseman last season and most have no idea he's even a Canucks regular lol.

Canucks are going to surprise media and teams next season they aren't the push over they think they'll be.

They were better then they looked last season as it was.  It was one of the most injury riddled season we have ever had. I could see us surprising allot of people.  

really like this signing along with the others. It gives us badly needed depth down the middle and he is another high risk/high reward type of player. I would be surprised if someone wasn't at least being shopped at this point. 

Love it. Benning wants the team to be relevant and competitive again. Another good signing here. Good audition for the Yotes this year after being claimed off waivers. Solid 2 way center, can put the puck in the back of the net, rack up the scoresheet, play a defensive style game as well that JB wants. Excited to see what we have him and this isn't without Bo re-signed yet either!

Archived