The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Sign Nilsson

Overall this is a downgrade in net from Miller imo - but likely a necessary one if the franchise is to truly commit to Markstrom.  Let's hope Markstrom can stay healthy for roughly 60 or more gms this year,  Nilsson plays about 15 or 20 and Demko gets a look for a few.

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That's more like it. :) 

Seemed out of step with the other deals otherwise (which all appear to be good value if confirmed).

Yeah I thought it was a bit rich but livable.Cut hose dollars in half though and they're far closer to what I was expecting and darn good value.

16 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Considering he only made $1mil last year that's quite the raise.  But perhaps there was heavy competition, and I think he's a good choice -- an up-and-comer at the same stage as Markstrom, and will definitely push him.  Indeed, if Nilsson potentially out-plays him Markstrom could be the one on the way out once Demko is ready for prime time.

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Overall this is a downgrade in net from Miller imo - but likely a necessary one if the franchise is to truly commit to Markstrom.  Let's hope Markstrom can stay healthy for roughly 60 or more gms this year,  Nilsson plays about 15 or 20 and Demko gets a look for a few.

sure, but in the win column it will look pretty similar. I'm pretty stoked about this, we now have two solid players to pick from for Demko to pair with in a couple of years and in the meantime it sounds like these guys will work well together. End of the goalie "controversy" label??? 

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Considering he only made $1mil last year that's quite the raise.  But perhaps there was heavy competition, and I think he's a good choice -- an up-and-comer at the same stage as Markstrom, and will definitely push him.  Indeed, if Nilsson potentially out-plays him Markstrom could be the one on the way out once Demko is ready for prime time.

$1.25-1.5 per year. The $2.5-$3 is over 2 years TOTAL.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

I think (could be wrong), that it is max 3 million over two years total, meaning that it would be about 1.5 mil per season. 

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yeah I thought it was a bit rich but livable.Cut hose dollars in half though and they're far closer to what I was expecting and darn good value.

I think our dollar value for goaltending overall is quite good for where we are at. Marky and Nilsson for less than the salary we had Miller at. 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

If all these dollar numbers are correct I think Jim has made up for that Sbisa contract.... time for forgiveness CDC? :lol: Oh right we still have Loui contract to hate on... ah well. 

I'll hate on it after this season if Eriksson is still pretty meh. B) I'll give him 2 years to let me down. Maybe he reverse Vrbata's and stinks year 1 but turns it on year 2. Please hockey Gods we need this T_T

Archived