The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] One simple graph points clear off-season winners, losers. (Note: Canucks rated 9th)

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

That's the "No generational talent draft pick for you" button.

No touchy. It's set to auto tank, just leave it.

JB has the best gig in hockey right now. 

Ah, so that's why that button is enclosed in glass and next to Bettman and not Benning!

(for the record, I don't think the draft lotteries are rigged, we just end up with that kind of luck lol)

Just now, The Lock said:

Ah, so that's why that button is enclosed in glass and next to Bettman and not Benning!

(for the record, I don't think the draft lotteries are rigged, we just end up with that kind of luck lol)

Canucks luck is a real phenomenon. Ask any old fan and they all know it's true. 

The canucks were also notorious for being slump busters. Need a confidence boost or to break your slump? Play the Canucks. Need to set a record? Save it for the game against the Canucks. It's bizarre.

The lotto luck just seems normal to me after all of the years of watching the crazy Canuck luck unfold. 

10 minutes ago, The Lock said:

6 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Canucks luck is a real phenomenon. Ask any old fan and they all know it's true. 

The canucks were also notorious for being slump busters. Need a confidence boost or to break your slump? Play the Canucks. Need to set a record? Save it for the game against the Canucks. It's bizarre.

The lotto luck just seems normal to me after all of the years of watching the crazy Canuck luck unfold. 

Sad truths. :(

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:17 AM, PlanB said:

This graph underlies the problem with 'analytics' to a certain degree imo - Panarin is a perimeter player who dissappeared in the playoffs and the 'hard' games during the regular season.  Williams will be 36yo when the season starts next year, has a LOT of hard playoff minutes on his aging body in recent years, and is joining a significantly weaker team than he left - he will inevitably decline in production.   How does 'analytics' directly measure these intangibles?  

Latest input from the analytics community

B9yCcay.gif

Archived