The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Revolution - game (finally) over; Mafia win

Master Radishes

Update: game mechanics

Here is what I am thinking. It's more role-heavy than previous games, but several are only one-shot.

Roles included:
0) No PMs except where noted;
0) Every player will receive a character. They will not be alignment indicative.

1) Two Sheriffs: one regular, and one paranoid;
2) Two communication enablers (temporary PMs allowed);
3) A one-shot Vig;
4) A doctor/roleblocker role;
5) A role with three lynch-affecting powers (each one-shot);
6) An additional private group of five players (an alignment) who have the power to decide on an additional lynch each round (via private voting in a PM);
7) The leader of the private group will have a one-shot ability to purge the group of one member;
8) A Kingpin, with investigative powers and protection against Sheriff detection;
9) Two lovers (third party); the death of one will trigger the other into becoming an SK;
10) Some roles have double votes; some have no votes. Which roles these are will not be revealed.

No other special roles are included in the game.

Let me know your thoughts. I'm willing to readjust if public opinion thinks its too much (or not enough).

If you want any clarification on a role’s powers, you may ask before the game begins. I’ve tried to keep it brief here, but I don’t intend to keep anything ‘hidden’ about the set-up. However, once the game begins I will not answer any further questions (unless you ask about your own role, of course).

9 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Here is what I am thinking. It's more role-heavy than previous games, but several are only one-shot.

Hide contents

Roles included:
0) Every player will receive a character. They will not be alignment indicative.

3) A one-shot Vig;
6) An additional private group of five players (an alignment) who have the power to decide on an additional lynch each round (via private voting in a PM);
7) The leader of the private group will have a one-shot ability to purge the group of one member;
8) A Kingpin, with investigative powers and protection against Sheriff detection;
9) Two lovers (third party); the death of one will trigger the other into becoming an SK;
10) Some roles have double votes; some have no votes. Which roles these are will not be revealed.

Let me know your thoughts. I'm willing to readjust if public opinion thinks its too much (or not enough).

If you want any clarification on a role’s powers, you may ask before the game begins. I’ve tried to keep it brief here, but I don’t intend to keep anything ‘hidden’ about the set-up. However, once the game begins I will not answer any further questions (unless you ask about your own role, of course).

moarr.jpg

1 hour ago, Master Radishes said:

Hide contents

Roles included:

3) A one-shot Vig;

What about a town drunk... They can at any time claim their innocence by simply stating that they are town in the thread but once they do so they are no longer able to vote. I think Dral would be a good match for that role. and/or making the Kingpin only investigation immune and have another mafia player that is able to do the investigations that would show up as mafia. 

Also I personally think including a paranoid sheriff doesn't work if you tell us about it before hand... you should make it random one of paranoid/naive or psycho. 

I will add that I like the lynch mob idea and I believe I even used it in one game before but it definitely throws the whole game into chaos I would recommend they have a set number of lynches vs being able to every round... or at least every second round or something like that. But that's just my opinion.  

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

What about a town drunk... They can at any time claim their innocence by simply stating that they are town in the thread but once they do so they are no longer able to vote. I think Dral would be a good match for that role. 

Love the idea. :lol: Not sure it fits the theme in this one, but it's worth considering or remembering for later.

and/or making the Kingpin only investigation immune and have another mafia player that is able to do the investigations that would show up as mafia.

I thought about this too, actually. Perhaps the scum team deserves a little boost.

Also I personally think including a paranoid sheriff doesn't work if you tell us about it before hand... you should make it random one of paranoid/naive or psycho. 

Good point. I was only thinking Paranoid because it fits with the flavour (people were paranoid of traitors during this time period) but maybe I'll randomize or it cut it out altogether.

2 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I will add that I like the lynch mob idea and I believe I even used it in one game before but it definitely throws the whole game into chaos I would recommend they have a set number of lynches vs being able to every round... or at least every second round or something like that. But that's just my opinion.  

I stole the idea from you. ;) Advice noted.

Archived