The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

7 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Almost forgot... I want to thank @Sygvard and @Sestito'sHandMadeVodka for the friendly wager we had on the cup finals. Gave me a reason to watch the games, and enjoyed the spicy gamble. Enjoy those two extra draft positions!

Bahahaha. Yeah it was lost in that storm of way spicier trades, and bundled into your larger work. But I am happy with the structure of: 

BUF trades the 20th overall for the 18th overall. 

Now time to squander that difference on a weird reach. 

5a7310e0ba734_CONTRACTSIGNING.jpg.c32831211bf9f3585b3338cd68731389.jpg

On behalf of GM @Phil The Thrill, the Philadelphia Flyers are proud to announce the following signings:

Sam Bennett - 2 years, $3m

Tomas Hertl - 3 years, $4.75m

Mike Matheson - 3 years, $3.25m

Scott Wilson - 3 years, $1.5m

Josh Ho-Sang - 2 years, $1.75m

Brandon Gignac - 3 years, $800k

Reid Duke - 3 years, $800k

Tyler Benson - 3 years, $800k

Cliff Pu - 3 years, $800k

Vojtech Budik - 3 years, $800k

Josh Mahura - 3 years, $800k

Jakub Zboril - 3 years, $1.25m

Dylan Wells - 3 years, $800k

Adam Wilcox - 3 years, $800k

14 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

5a7310e0ba734_CONTRACTSIGNING.jpg.c32831211bf9f3585b3338cd68731389.jpg

On behalf of GM @Phil The Thrill, the Philadelphia Flyers are proud to announce the following signings:

Sam Bennett - 2 years, $3m

Tomas Hertl - 3 years, $4.75m

Mike Matheson - 3 years, $3.25m

Scott Wilson - 3 years, $1.5m

Josh Ho-Sang - 2 years, $1.75m

Brandon Gignac - 3 years, $800k

Reid Duke - 3 years, $800k

Tyler Benson - 3 years, $800k

Cliff Pu - 3 years, $800k

Vojtech Budik - 3 years, $800k

Josh Mahura - 3 years, $800k

Jakub Zboril - 3 years, $1.25m

Dylan Wells - 3 years, $800k

Adam Wilcox - 3 years, $800k

You Get a Contract! You Get A Contract... Everybody gets a contract! No really the Flyers are happy to have all these prospects and RFA's signed for next year. 

No one be stealing our players this draft :ph34r:

Thanks player agent @thejazz97 for processing all these contracts

maxresdefault.jpg

Now that we've finally recovered from one helluva bender, Columbus Blue Jackets would like to thank the phenomenal group of GMs we have in our league. It was a great year, and we are thrilled to have captured our ultimate goal. A special kudos to @somethingvery, for a hard-fought series. AV was right, had any other of the final 4 teams won, you would have taken it.

We're particularly excited about some of the newer GMs managing teams at the bottom of the standings. You guys have been making some nice moves, and we expect a lot more parity in the league in the future because of it. And it can happen fast! We were 3rd last in the league in 2015/16...

For the most part, we hope to contend again next year, and defend our title. But a few players have already been moved out in an effort to cut some salary and get younger, including star player Joe Pavelski. Feel free to hit @Monty and I up if we have a player you covet (not named Scheifele, Hedman, Marchand or Arvidsson).

Vancouver has the following players on the block:

David Perron

Jake Gardiner

Paul Martin - Can work around things

Steve Mason - Also can work around

List is small. More so seeing what is out there for guys like Perron and Gardiner. I am already really happy with the team I have going in to next season. But will look to get younger in any deal for one of those 2. Martin and Mason are obviously a bit more tricky. But open to option on them including possible retainment. 

On another note. Vancouver releases Nikita Korostelev as he has signed in the KHL. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/nikita-korostelev-headed-overseas/

@thejazz97

Dear friends, 

I formally resign my position as GM for the Puck Chicago Blackhawks and as co-Commissioner of the league. 

I hope I leave my team with a chance for success in the next and in the coming years, and MM is adept at finding really good GM's, so it's new GM will likely take it to a better level. 

It's been a blast, I've enjoyed all my interactions that I've had with you (well, some more than others :P). 

Good luck, and enjoy this great league, 

Somethingvery 

1 minute ago, somethingvery said:

Dear friends, 

I formally resign my position as GM for the Puck Chicago Blackhawks and as co-Commissioner of the league. 

I hope I leave my team with a chance for success in the next and in the coming years, and MM is adept at finding really good GM's, so it's new GM will likely take it to a better level. 

It's been a blast, I've enjoyed all my interactions that I've had with you (well, some more than others :P). 

Somethingvery 

:o

4 minutes ago, somethingvery said:

Somethingvery 

$&!#, that is genuinely super sad! You have been a staple of our limited time here. Happy trails man. You have certainly left a hell of a legacy for someone else to take up. 

17 minutes ago, Salter said:

That's mind boggling, you will be missed around here @somethingvery! And here I thought you were just building suspense for your pick haha. I guess the commissioners will run your draft then?

We have some people lined up, so it's not the worst situation and it shouldn't be left for too long.

Definitely a sad day when SV leaves Puck.

27 minutes ago, somethingvery said:

Dear friends, 

Somethingvery 

SV, we're incredibly sad to see you go. On the other hand, there's no better way than a Ruxin gif. :lol:

I'll say it again publicly, but you're always welcome back in my books.

With my apologies to @Master Mind and @thejazz97, I too resign my position within Puck. I would like to thank each and every GM in this amazing league for making it such a fun league. Keep posting, keep joking, keep trading - this is the best league on CDC and its all 31 GMs and their AGMs who make that happen!

The Vegas Golden Knights are now looking for a new GM.

Archived