The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

16 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Did fantrax pull numbers out of a hat when doing their projections?

They have Greg McKegg leading the league in +/-, while Nate Schmidt has -56! No one has cracked -40 in years...

Is that why all the numbers on fantrax are messed? 

50 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Did fantrax pull numbers out of a hat when doing their projections?

They have Greg McKegg leading the league in +/-, while Nate Schmidt has -56! No one has cracked -40 in years...

Saskatchewan cracks -40 regularly.

BreakingNews:

The GM of the Minnesota Wild has stepped down effective immediately. No word on whether his AGM @Baer. will take over or not. 

It wasn't an easy decision as he thought about what he wanted to do for the past couple months, but he felt it's probably best for the league if he steps down and let someone more active to take over. 

He says a big thanks to all involved who helped run the league and wishes you all good luck in the future. 

4 hours ago, gmen81 said:

BreakingNews:

The GM of the Minnesota Wild has stepped down effective immediately. No word on whether his AGM @Baer. will take over or not. 

It wasn't an easy decision as he thought about what he wanted to do for the past couple months, but he felt it's probably best for the league if he steps down and let someone more active to take over. 

He says a big thanks to all involved who helped run the league and wishes you all good luck in the future. 

Sorry to hear, best of luck in all your other pools.

@Baer. do you want full GM duties? Things will have gone full circle if you do haha.

28 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To ARZ: Henrik Lundqvist (1.5M retained for 2017/18) + 2019 1st + Patrick Harper

small.png  To PIT: Kevin Shattenkirk

This was no easy trade to make. Going into the offseason with Talbot, Lundqvist, Neuvirth, and Dell, @Rampant Raccoon and I knew that we had to move a goalie. We explored all options with different teams in the league - we reached out to 15-20 teams in the league to discuss potential trades in the last 3 months. Some negotiations were brief (some guys didn't even reply) while others were long and hard. We came close to several deals but the one we decided to take was this one to move Lundqvist to Arizona. The decision to decide who to move and which deal to take was probably the hardest I've had to make in 2 years as GM of this team.

We would like to extend a huge thanks to Arizona GM @thejazz97 for the extremely quick negotiations. We began talking about a trade yesterday and while we discussed a variety of players and packages, this one came together very quickly earlier today. We believe that the 1st and Harper will be huge future pieces for Arizona's young team while Lundqvist will replace Shattenkirk's present day production immediately. 

On behalf of the Pittsburgh Penguins organization, I'd also like to thank Henrik Lundqvist for his two years of service in Pittsburgh. He was my first pick during the inaugural CDC Puck draft and I had every intention of winning a championship with him as the backbone of the team. While he didn't have the best season last year, he was brilliant for us two seasons ago and I'm confident he can rebound this year. 

Thanks to commissioner @Master Mind for processing this trade.

We'll be open to opportunities to move one of our top 4 dmen for a top 6 forward. Reach out if you are interested!

NHL ROSTER

Chris Kreider - Alexander Wennberg - JT Miller

Anthony Mantha - Logan Couture - James Neal

Alex Killorn - Nick Schmaltz - Patrick Eaves

Johan Larsson - Nick Cousins - Tommy Wingels

Extras: Shane Prince, Matt Stajan

Dustin Byfuglien - Kris Letang

Alec Martinez - Kevin Shattenkirk

Shea Theodore - Jake McCabe

Extra: John Moore, Taylor Chorney

Cam Talbot

Michael Neuvirth

Aaron Dell

On ‎3‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:22 AM, somethingvery said:

577e77ffb2a0a_CONTRACTSIGNING.jpg.a5c28f23c50f284a0149215349c34c8d.jpg.fa74be1cc7820c48039b040d1cbf4964.jpg

On behalf of GM @Canuck Surfer, the Boston Bruins are pleased to sign:

Henrik Borgstrom - 3y/900k AAV

Thanks to the entire executive agents bargaining committee! :towel:And welcome Henrik!!!

Borgstrom, national champ at the U of D was a great acquisition for us. Also influential. In June 2016 we traded down from our 2knd rounder and got 3 later round picks. The first of which was the 3rd rounder we used to pick Henrik. He has progressed well enough, we felt we had the depth to move Tyson Jost. Which landed us Brady Skjei, an immediate impact top 4 D. We expect one more year developing & are wildly excited to unleash Henrik Borgstrom next season! But his progress warranted a contract & we'll see him at camp!

5 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

We'd also like to announce last year's GMotY winners:

Reveal hidden contents

Congratulations to @somethingvery and @Master Mind, who tied in voting!

I'd like to congratulate GM @Master Mind for building a team that had to be predicted as the #1 seed going into last year's unpredictable playoffs. The NYR's went for it and just came up short, but that wasn't due to it's GM lack of elite clever and strategic moves. 

Id also like to thank those GM's who voted for me, it's a true honour to share this with someone with the calibre and class of MM.

23 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

We'd also like to announce last year's GMotY winners:

Reveal hidden contents

Congratulations to @somethingvery and @Master Mind, who tied in voting!

I'd like to congratulate @somethingvery on his second straight GMOTY win. He built a juggernaut of a team, winning the Presidents Trophy with ease, but suffered the same fate as my Rangers in the playoffs.

After a 2nd overall finish followed by 3rd, it won't be easy to keep that up. I'm glad I got to share this victory while my team's window is still open.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. There were about 8 GMs that received votes, and @D-Money was one vote shy of making it a 3 way tie. 

And now, I rest, as that marks my 10,000th post. Best of luck to all GMs this upcoming season! 

Archived