The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

48 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Clayton Keller has been wonderful.

If anyone needs depth, however - Derek MacKenzie, Matt Hendricks are both on the block.

For a 4th, presumably?

Masters and Disasters for the NY Rangers - October Edition

Masters

Evgeny Kuznetsov - He's been the perfect setup man for Ovechkin, and has scored some pretty goals himself

Spoiler

Marcus Foligno - Hitting everything that moves, and putting up a few points as well. He's been the perfect 3rd liner.

Joel Edmondson - Leads the league in blocks, which has amounted to him having more points than Kane and Malkin.

Disasters

Goaltending - Still without a win (should have hung on to Lehtonen a little longer)

Jannik Hansen - Been a healthy scratch in multiple games. He's better than that.

Henrik Sedin - Painful to say, but he isn't doing much out there. No goals, no hits, and ice time has been limited. Hopefully just a slow start and not a sign of things to come.

Overall, a disappointing month. Over 150 points back of the division lead, and still without Ellis for at least 2 more months. The Rangers likely don't have another top 3 finish in them, but things need to improve to have a legitimate shot in the playoffs.

On 10/5/2017 at 5:18 PM, Art Vandelay said:

Update 2 - November 1st

Because my team is... rebuilding, to put it lightly... I'm going to provide monthly updates of Ottawa's prospects. Something the IRL Canucks don't really provide.

Highlights - 

1) Heponiemi and Steenbergen continue to destroy the WHL. Steenbergen with 4... 4 goal games. Heponiemi showing that if he wasn't part man ~ part chopstick, he would have been a top 5 pick in the 2017 draft. Standing 6'2" while at 148lbs is a feat in itself.

2) Dylan Sikura making a run for the Hobey Baker. Has points in every game so far.

3) Mathew Barzal easing our worries about giving up E. Karlsson for a package including him. Looking better and better every game. 

Spoiler

P/G = Points per Game, L-P/G = Last years point per game.

QMJHL     GP G A P P/G L-P/G
D. Noël 18 LD Val-d'Or Foreurs 15 7 9 16 1.07 0.49
O. Somppi 19 C Halifax Mooseheads 8 4 8 12 1.50 0.68

OHL     GP G A P P/G L-P/G
W. Bitten 19 C Hamilton Bulldogs 14 3 10 13 0.93 0.88

WHL     GP G A P P/G L-P/G
A. Heponiemi 18 C Swift Current Broncos 13 10 24 34 2.62 1.19
M. Geekie 19 C Tri-City Americans 15 4 14 18 1.20 1.25
T. Steenbergen 19 LW Swift Current Broncos 13 21 14 35 2.69 1.25
C. Hart 19 G

Everett Silvertips (mononucleosis)

2 3.70 1 - 1 - 0 0.905

NCAA     GP G A P P/G L-P/G
J. Norris 18 C University of Michigan 6 2 3 5 0.83 -
E. Barratt 18 C Penn State 3 0 1 1 0.33 -
M. Anderson 18 D University of Minnesota-Duluth 8 3 3 6 0.75 -
J. Oettinger 18 G Boston University 6 2.83 3 - 4 - 1 0.907
J. Adams 20 C Union College 8 1 4 5 0.63 -
A. Limoges 20 C Penn State 8 1 3 4 0.50 -
D. Sikura 22 C Northeastern University 7 6 8 14 2.00 1.50

USHL     GP G A P P/G L-P/G
J. Dugan 19 C Chicago Steel 7 8 2 10 1.43 -

KHL     GP G A P P/G L-P/G
V. Tkachev 22 LW Admiral Vladivostok 24 8 12 20 0.83 0.80

Liiga     GP G A P P/G L-P/G
M. Niemelainen 19 LD HPK (not on roster) 4 0 0 0 0.00 -

AHL     GP G A P P/G L-P/G
M. Barzal 20 C Bridgeport Sound Tigers 0 - - - - -
V. Dunn 20 LD Chicago Wolves 0 - - - - 0.63
Z. Senyshyn 20 RW Providence Bruins 7 1 0 1 0.14 -
G. Gagné 20 RW Belleville Senators 9 4 0 4 0.44 0.15
M. Luff 20 RW Ontario Reign 7 0 2 2 0.29 0.50
H. Fleury 21 LD Charlotte Checkers 0 - - - - 0.38
M. Pettersson 21 LD San Diego Gulls 8 0 4 4 0.50 -
B. Siebenaler 21 RD Cleveland Monsters 6 0 1 1 0.17 0.14
A. Hill 21 G Tucson Roadrunners 2 0.65 1 - 1 - 0 0.968
V. Vanecek 21 G Hershey Bears 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 -
N. Pionk 22 RD Hartford Wolf Pack 10 0 4 4 0.40 -
G. Olofsson 22 LD Iowa Wild 0 - - - - 0.41
G. Molino 23 C Utica Comets 5 0 0 0 0 -

Players under 23 will be included in the AHL section until they play half an NHL season

NHL Graduates     GP G A P P/G L-P/G
M. Barzal 20 C New York Islanders 12 3 4 7 0.58 0.00
V. Dunn 20 LD St. Louis Blues 13 2 0 2 0.15 -
H. Fleury 21 LD Carolina Hurricanes 10 0 2 2 0.20 -
A. Hill 21 G Arizona Coyotes 3 3.76 0 - 3 - 0 0.880
G. Olofsson 22 LD Minnesota Wild 5 0 0 0 0 0.23

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

I told him to beware of you vultures.

He may have taken that too seriously :lol:

Looks like he hasn't even opened the one I sent. I was starting to wonder the same about his existence. Is he a friend from non internet land? 

Just saw this and had to share, per Freidman:

Potential 2018 No. 1 draft pick Rasmus Dahlin is on Sweden’s roster for the Karjala Cup. At 17, he is seven years younger than the next-youngest player on the roster (Mikael Wikstrand). At the very least, it puts him on the radar for the Olympics in addition to the World Juniors. The last player I can find who went to the World Juniors and Olympics in the same year? Luca Sbisa for Switzerland in 2010."

@apollo I had to share.

1 hour ago, Sygvard said:

Looks like he hasn't even opened the one I sent. I was starting to wonder the same about his existence. Is he a friend from non internet land? 

Yes. I've told him to get on CDC and make a post, so hopefully he does that relatively soon.

28 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

You must have sent him the compulsory warnings about dealing with @somethingvery telepathically then??? 

Telepathy is not needed to communicate compulsory warnings of my over-generosity; like the Santa Claus-like nature in which a Blackhawk trade occurs, it seems that all the Puckers grow-up knowing they can take advantage of a good trade with Somethingvery.

2 hours ago, somethingvery said:

Telepathy is not needed to communicate compulsory warnings of my over-generosity; like the Santa Claus-like nature in which a Blackhawk trade occurs, it seems that all the Puckers grow-up knowing they can take advantage of a good trade with Somethingvery.

I would say your over-generosity is Santa Claus-like. Neither exists. :P

Well...

We have 5 guys on the IR and will still dress full NHL rosters Thursday and Saturday. With a D man to spare and 3 more D who have suited up for a game this year. I suppose we should be happy?

And as many as 4 goalies Sat night?  :wacko: 

We will take it.  The depth is keeping us in it. We're actually just waiting for a couple of rookies, and Rask to start scoring. Sanheim is playing 20 minutes a night. Eriksson Ek will also come around. Then, and again when some guys come off IR? We should make a healthy push!  

18 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

59f9b2071569a_CONTRACTSIGNING.jpg.2c0db7eeb7afd2aff420b4c457fdd686.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @Beary Sweet and the Catwoman to his Batman @Cramarossa, the Los Angeles Kings are delighted to announce the contract extention of:

VLADISLAV NAMESTNIKOV - 3 years, $5m AAV

Thanks to @Captain Azzy and the whole gang for fair and smooth negotiations. After countless offers from various teams that we constantly declined time and time again, we both decided that it was key to lock up a core player who was on the cusp of being overlooked the year prior but after Drouin was moved by the Bolts, this certainly opened the opportunity for Vladislav to make the most of it and so far, so good. Really a good all around player who plays a solid 200' game, fits in with two of the best stars in the league and his overall game is well rounded. Along with that, he still has plenty of potential to grow even more. We look forward to seeing how Vladislav progresses

Archived