The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

6 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Speaking of odd projections, they have Zacha set to play 100+ games.

He'll have quite a busy season. Getting traded 20 times in an attempt to gain games.

Now there's a trade record for Jazz to go for... How many times in one season can you trade away then reacquire the same player?!?

9 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

@Beary Sweet Wow :o I love going on hikes. Looks like an amazing trip!

Yeah. Only went on a huge hike and that was in Banff where I went with my brother to get much better views of Glacier Mountain, which was absolutely stunning. The other places we went to wasn't really of it being a hike other than maybe one or two with one of them being in Athabasca Falls but it was more casual walking where you can take and savour the moment. It's absolutely gorgeous. I recommend you Torontians visit Alberta. You'll have a good time

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

To enliven the Free Agency period, and to ensure all teams begin from an equal footing, from today any players who are signed from NCAA can only be signed between 1 July and 30 September. This means that the annual race to snag the best college free agents before the other GMs is no longer in effect, and the net gain is that the players will receive better offers.

Also, rather than wait until October, teams are permitted to discuss contract extensions from today with two players (two maximum until 31 December). From 1 January, offers can go to the remainder of your impending UFAs/RFAs.

59ba51501e686_CONTRACTSIGNING.jpg.bb20fdb88c73937a0c1f8b7e9c4e2263.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @thejazz97, the Arizona Coyotes are pleased to announce the signing of future trade fodder:

MATT HENDRICKS - 1 year, $840k

And the extension of:

KIRILL KAPRIZOV - 4 years, $1.5m AAV

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

This is a reminder to all teams that the last buyout period of the off-season ends tomorrow - don't forget to send your buyouts through before then!

3 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

This is a reminder to all teams that the last buyout period of the off-season ends tomorrow - don't forget to send your buyouts through before then!

This will be an important option to consider for those GM''s who have teams over the cap. 

We will ensure all teams are cap compliant prior to seasons start, including as a last resort waiving players who a GM may not have in their plans to waive in order to achieve cap compliance.

The Nashville Predators also have cap space to play with - will take up to 5 million if the price is right. Should teams need to shed some cap, we're open for business. 

Also, please stop inquiring about Jayson Megna. I've had some GM's give me 5 calls solely to discuss his services. Jayson isn't going anywhere. 

7 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

@oldnews HURRY! :P

D
transp16X16.png Giordano, Mark D - CGY Act @EDM 7:00PM 7,000,000 2021

The Buffalo Sabres have had a brief quiet period, as we have been puttering away at start-of-season setup in our other league. We are back, alive, and just as ravishing as ever. 

-We won't be publishing a prospect value list, as that would make them sad. We love all of our children equally after all (we just don't pay them equally). 

-We have 5 or 6 million of spare cap, and are happy to help anyone in a pinch at competitive prices. 

-We are open for business on any of our vets, as we continue to turn ourselves into an AHL team. Guys like Wheeler, Backes, Smith, and Pyatt are likely to be gone by the end of the season, although we are happy to take our time and find a deal at the right value. 

Feel free to message us at any point to talk trades, or to make fun of @Sestito'sHandMadeVodka and his fetish for drafting off the board Russians.

Well... I regret protecting MacArthur in the expansion draft. I lost Letestu for nothing. 

How does he get cleared to play last season, and now he can't pass a physical after a summer of training? 

I hope for the best, Clarke. Hopefully this is for the better – post hockey.

3 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Well... I regret protecting MacArthur in the expansion draft. I lost Letestu for nothing. 

How does he get cleared to play last season, and now he can't pass a physical after a summer of training? 

I hope for the best, Clarke. Hopefully this is for the better – post hockey.

I read it was an injury he sustained during the playoffs, neck or shoulder I think?

57 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

59bbc88501b0f_CONTRACTSIGNING.jpg.5f38c23c3053ef80fe3b898acdcecd03.jpg

The Nashville Predators have signed the following players to an offer sheet:

JORDAN BINNINGTON - 1 year, $950k

JYRKI JOKIPAKKA - 3 years, $1.25m AAV

@morrissex95 and @Sygvard, plus Syggy's minions @Sestito'sHandMadeVodka and @GillisFace have 7 days to match the offers.

No compensation will be due from @apollo.

The scandal! The outrage! Have at you good sir! @apollo

I was actually just debating whether I should write up an offer for Jokki. This actually saves me some effort. 

That being said, I am going to wait the full 7 days and keep an eye on how he looks in camp. Suspense! 

Archived