The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philip Larsen goes end to end in KHL game to score crazy goal leading to the opposing goalie pulling himself

numb3r 16

Honestly, the goal was underwhelming for me. He wasn't explosive, the skill wasn't great. Everything defensively was extremely poor. A lone fore-checker who completely doesn't even try to influence Larsen. Three retreating defenders in their D zone none of which sought to body him or close him down. No lateral movement from any of the defenders, and the goalie looked like he'd quit before the shot, forget obviously after.

Great for him, but I don't even feel like watching it again. It's quite a boring goal, which is kind of sad given that it was end to end.

4 minutes ago, JoesRooster said:

We could argue using hypotheticals all day lol.

Mcdavid wouldn't even put himself in a position to get hit like that. Hockey IQ.. Dude is on a different frequency.

fair enough. The rules say contact with the head thats unavoidable isn't allowed, but it really seems to depend on how the DOPS feels from day to day. I think Hall had plenty of time to change his path but regardless its good to see Philip back in the groove in the KHL. 

WOW! Holy COW! 

I always saw the offensive talent in his game... the bigger ice and lower level of opposition talent makes him much better there. 

Hope he continues to have a good career. Glad he's recovered from that horrific injury. It was in that Carolina 8-6 game right? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived