The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Switch

Zfetch

1 minute ago, HashtagNucks said:

I don't understand this.

Why would did you pick me to block when I was going to claim my role?

I don't know, I wasn't thinking too much of it, and just blocked whoever seemed most suspicious to me at the time. I chose someone early and din't get back in time to switch it or vote..

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

I don't know, I wasn't thinking too much of it, and just blocked whoever seemed most suspicious to me at the time. I chose someone early and din't get back in time to switch it or vote..

this means 3 switchers possibly. Maybe FOUR

# - Blocked

AV - BJ - Not Doc anymore, unclaimed role

Switcher #3 - J-23 Not Role Blocker, now Switcher.

Switcher #4 - Created new Doc.

Just now, DarthMelvin said:

this means 3 switchers possibly. Maybe FOUR

# - Blocked

AV - BJ - Not Doc anymore, unclaimed role

Switcher #3 - J-23 Not Role Blocker, now Switcher.

Switcher #4 - Created new Doc.

We don't even know how the roles fully work. Or at least I don't and Zfetch isn't answer much question wise :P

So I wouldn't assume anything just yet. 
That's also assuming there isn't a Mafia hiding and trying to confuse the switcher roles by claiming one

For what it's worth, I'm inclined to believe that Hash is probably a switcher as well and not necessarily a mafia who had a watcher/mirror role.

What she said in her posts last round are very similar, if not exact, to what I was PM'd to explain what and how the role worked.  However, I didn't think that Z's instructions for how the role worked were all that complicated, while she did and seems she is currently still having issues with.  With this in mind, I assumed she "watched" me, the actual switcher, and was stalling time to see what my moves were so that she could come out later on.  When she announced that she switched BJ, I felt it to be too coincidental.

I'd say the Vote2/VoteB for this round should be away from Hash and myself and onto another player and a player that we aren't switching.

10 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

However, I didn't think that Z's instructions for how the role worked were all that complicated, while she did and seems she is currently still having issues with.  With this in mind, I assumed she "watched" me, the actual switcher, and was stalling time to see what my moves were so that she could come out later on.  When she announced that she switched BJ, I felt it to be too coincidental.

You said nothing about Switching BJ, so how would I of copied you. I said about you it was very convenient you said after I claimed BJ switch that you did also.

Also I don't get how you're not still confused about the instructions if you got what I did.
I'm still not sure what the switch does exactly

1 minute ago, HashtagNucks said:

You said nothing about Switching BJ, so how would I of copied you. I said about you it was very convenient you said after I claimed BJ switch that you did also.

Also I don't get how you're not still confused about the instructions if you got what I did.
I'm still not sure what the switch does exactly

Right and that's why I assumed you "watched" what I did.

I'm not really sure what the switch does either but I assumed it simply swaps a role/faction of one player with another.  Initially, I tried to switch two players but was told that I could only do one, which I then just figured meant that either their role/faction at random would switch because let's say I picked you and J-23, I would have switched two switchers but if I chose one of you, it means that only one switcher would have switched with somebody else and probably not a switcher.

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Right and that's why I assumed you "watched" what I did.

I'm not really sure what the switch does either but I assumed it simply swaps a role/faction of one player with another.  Initially, I tried to switch two players but was told that I could only do one, which I then just figured meant that either their role/faction at random would switch because let's say I picked you and J-23, I would have switched two switchers but if I chose one of you, it means that only one switcher would have switched with somebody else and probably not a switcher.

That's a lot of assumption considering you just said you weren't sure why I was confused.

So you're guessing i'm a Watcher and a Switcher and have been since the start of the game?

Just now, HashtagNucks said:

That's a lot of assumption considering you just said you weren't sure why I was confused.

So you're guessing i'm a Watcher and a Switcher and have been since the start of the game?

It is a lot of assumption but idk, I still don't think it's a complicated role.  We've had a similar roles in other Zfetch games.

I'm thinking you are a switcher.  At the start of the round and just a little bit before, I had a thought that you could have been a watcher since you didn't quite know the role worked and that your target was the same as mine.  So I made an assumption that perhaps you watched me and because you weren't a switcher yourself, you had no access to the role PM and that was the reason for why you didn't know how the role worked.  But I assumed that by watching me, you were told all the other info that was true (ex. being tp-aligned, only 1 target per round, etc)

This is why I'm lobbying for votes against myself and you to be changed since we should probably work together and figure out how/what our roles do.

2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

It is a lot of assumption but idk, I still don't think it's a complicated role.  We've had a similar roles in other Zfetch games.

I'm thinking you are a switcher.  At the start of the round and just a little bit before, I had a thought that you could have been a watcher since you didn't quite know the role worked and that your target was the same as mine.  So I made an assumption that perhaps you watched me and because you weren't a switcher yourself, you had no access to the role PM and that was the reason for why you didn't know how the role worked.  But I assumed that by watching me, you were told all the other info that was true (ex. being tp-aligned, only 1 target per round, etc)

This is why I'm lobbying for votes against myself and you to be changed since we should probably work together and figure out how/what our roles do.

You're contradicting yourself by making a case/assumptions of me being a watcher. (makes no sense with how I came out and how much information I gave about the role round 1.

Then you go and say we should work together, saying it's our role.

• -SN- pinned this topic
  • -SN- unpinned this topic

Archived