The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jack Skille to sign with Dinamo Minsk (KHL)

7 minutes ago, MNA said:

If there was one free agent fourth liner that I would've resigned, it's Skille. Damn, I wish the best of luck to him in Russia. I'm fine with Chaput still here, but Megna over Skille I'm not a big fan of.

Skille and Megna's roles last year were very different. Megna had to score to be effective and Skille not so much. That said I thought Skille was a standout on the 4th line last year. His not getting another contract is about the youth movement across the NHL. I do wish him luck in Russia as well. Very deserving. 

8 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Skille and Megna's roles last year were very different. Megna had to score to be effective and Skille not so much. That said I thought Skille was a standout on the 4th line last year. His not getting another contract is about the youth movement across the NHL. I do wish him luck in Russia as well. Very deserving. 

I agree with you, and like you said, Skille was very noticeable on the 4th line, which is probably why I preferred him out there over Megna. I think the depth we have now is great, and I don't mind the Megna signing should he stay in Utica. A Utica 1st line of Megna-Chaput-Virtanen/Goldobin/etc. would be dominant in the American league.

Archived