The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 30 Current NHL Players - #13

Top 30 Current NHL Players   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rank as the #13 player currently in the NHL?

• Nicklas Backstrom (F)
    • Jamie Benn (F)
    • Patrice Bergeron (F)
    • Auston Matthews (F)
    • Mark Scheifele (F)
    • Vladimir Tarasenko (F)
    • Jonathan Toews (F)
    • Drew Doughty (D)
    • Sergei Bobrovsky (G)
    • Braden Holtby (G)

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Voting Tarasenko. So much talent, yet no elite centre getting him the puck. 90 point player if he did.

Nominating Josi. If Doughty gets in, wouldn't you want a defenceman to replace him in the poll? I'm a bit surprised to see Subban nominations (even in previous ones) when Josi is Nashville's #1.

I view both as equally great and #1 Dmen (kind of like how Malkin is technically not the #1 C in Pittsburgh but no one questions his top line talent). Subban gets the edge for me because of his higher PPG average (.58 vs .63) and his Norris. 

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I view both as equally great and #1 Dmen (kind of like how Malkin is technically not the #1 C in Pittsburgh but no one questions his top line talent). Subban gets the edge for me because of his higher PPG average (.58 vs .63) and his Norris. 

Fair enough, but that Norris win isn't exactly current.

To me, Subban being on the 2nd pair shows he's behind Josi on the depth chart. While they may be pretty equal in skill level, it makes sense to go for the guy considered his team's #1.

Voting Doughty, looks like he'll finally get in.

Nominating Josi. I should probably go with Kopitar for the nomination because that's who I've been going with, but the poll should have a defenseman as an option. So I'd go with Letang, but I don't think he'll make it on and Josi is also a good choice.

Archived