The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Todd Bertuzzi says Thomas Vanek a good pick

groovy

8 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Moore deserved what he got and it is what it is.

This guy gets it.

Vigilante justice is no justice.

The leagues disciplinary system is no system.  It's pure gutless BS.

You don't get it.  

Lack of leadership from the top and failure to deal with players who run around trying to injure star players is a problem that has festered since the beginning of the league.  Bert was frustrated, we all were, but that doesn't make the retribution ok.

I don't think we should be looking at our waiver eligible prospects as 'on the team' or not. IMO they will all likely split time between the farm and parent club. This fits with Greens MO. He often sat players out at times to have them see the game from above or just to give them a break. 

Now he will have the added option of giving Boeser, Goldy, Virt and Dalhen time in Utica to improve their development.  

If Boeser need to work on his skating then he will spend a lot more time in Utica. JV needs to gain confidence and play with line drivers. Goldy needs to have better push back consistency and two way awareness. We just need to see what Dahlen can do on smaller ice. 

They will all have up and down years and I am looking forward to seeing what will come of this. 

19 hours ago, Fanaholic said:

Do you have any idea what it is like to live in pain?   I doubt it.   WELL I'll tell you this:   I have disintegrating discs in the lower lumbar and live in pain 24/7.   I have seen physios, chiropractors, surgeons and acupuncturists and several of each.  I even tried the back pain clinic program at Shaugnessy Hospital.   I lived on 8 tylenol 3 per day through the 80's and 90's to get an ounce of relief.  Then I needed stronger pills after that.   I decided to try a naturopath at the advice of a good friend and he saved my life.   What caused the pain - wear and tear on my body being a long distance runner for years.   There is no surgical repair for me and today, I cannot run ever but I can walk and more importantly I can control the pain.   Since 2000 I have not taken a pain pill.

I don't care if Steve was a 4th liner or a NO LINER - nobody deserves what happened to him.   ON the other hand, you need to give your head a shake for making the comparison to what Nazzy was to what Steve was . . .

giphy.gif

I absolutely love Big Bert. Man was a beast on the ice. I want him in our organization. I hope he can come in and talk with Jonah and Jake. Give em a few pointers on how to be dominant. Bertuzzi had nasty mitts. He wasn't just a big body. He could pass the puck magnificently. He had heart and was a warrior. Shame that what happened happened but I definitely would like him back with the organization. I love hearing what he has to say. He gave good ol Milbury a grilling the other day. Lol. His word is law as far as I am concerned. If he says something, I believe it.

17 hours ago, tas said:

if boeser lights up the preseason while showing he can play a 200 foot game (or at least isn't a liability) and can handle entire games of intense, 45 second shifts without wearing down, he'll be on the team. 

I totally agree with you but DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH even if he does just that.   What this management team does is a complete mystery to me at times.

5 hours ago, Fanaholic said:

I totally agree with you but DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH even if he does just that.   What this management team does is a complete mystery to me at times.

then you should pay more attention because they're the most honest and straightforward group that have ever run this team.  all they've done since taking over is exactly what they said they were going to. 

2 hours ago, tas said:

then you should pay more attention because they're the most honest and straightforward group that have ever run this team.  all they've done since taking over is exactly what they said they were going to. 

I have been a Season Ticket Holder for over 15 years and I pay way more attention then even you could imagine . . .   You say they are the most honest and straightforward group - I can't agree totally with you on that.    Everyone blames Willie for everything that went wrong and I doubt very much that he was driving that bus when it came to who could play and who couldn't and on that note I am so done with this topic.   

50 minutes ago, Fanaholic said:

I have been a Season Ticket Holder for over 15 years and I pay way more attention then even you could imagine . . .   You say they are the most honest and straightforward group - I can't agree totally with you on that.    Everyone blames Willie for everything that went wrong and I doubt very much that he was driving that bus when it came to who could play and who couldn't and on that note I am so done with this topic.   

nobody with half a clue blames willie desjardins.

On 9/7/2017 at 8:26 AM, tas said:

nobody with half a clue blames willie desjardins.

I gave you a reputation because you totally explained something very important to me.    So many people blamed Willie and now I know why:   They are clueless . . .   I am NOT being sarcastic when I say that . . .It is my way of agreeing to something that has meaning to me . . .   I really liked Willie - sure he made mistakes, we all do, but really he didn't have much to work with either.

3 minutes ago, Fanaholic said:

A gave you a reputation because you totally explained something very important to me.    So many people blamed Willie and now I know why:   They are clueless . . .   I am NOT being sarcastic when I say that . . .It is my way of agreeing to something that has meaning to me . . .   I really liked Willie - sure he made mistakes, we all do, but really he didn't have much to work with either.

Other NHL coaches told me the same thing. Rest easy. 

don't get me wrong, I don't think desjardins was the optimal coach for the job, but nonetheless, he did what he could with what he had. there isn't a coach in history that would have made an appreciable difference with that group of players. 

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎05 at 2:09 PM, EdgarM said:

But if your a canuck, you get a 3 game suspension. Nice.

I love it. And fans say their is nothing unfair about how the NHL treated the Canucks. Wonder if this led to the Alex Edler don't care attitude. hmmmm

Archived