The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best places to go after a Canuck game?

Merica Canuck

I'm an American fan of the Canucks and I will be driving to Vancouver to attend my first Canucks game ever (preseason against Las Vegas). I was wondering what are some good places to eat and get a beer after the game and what are some Vancouver local beers I should try? 

I usually go home.....

I'm not sure if Dix BBQ house is still around but that was a good place for beer and BBQ. Close enough to the stadium.

Rosie's is on Robson (still open I hope) and has awesome burgers.

Try some Parallel 49 and Russell. Those are good local breweries.

I assume you're in your 20's by your profile pic, so I would recommend Library Square. Short walk up from the arena and usually has good crowd and you can mingle. Depending on the day of the week, and how late the game is over, they may charge you cover.

Shark Club is very close to it as well. 

Jimmy's tap house has relatively cheap food / beer

Or you can go near BC place and hit the Boston Pizza Stadium District

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I usually go home.....

So do I

13 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

This seems like a good place for an Insane Asylum joke.

I would totally check myself in to an insane asylum if I had to sit through a boring game, which I have-- last year, and it's even worse live because you feel like you're trapped and you have to stay, to justify buying this ticket. At least at home you can change the channel, order pizza and not drink $9 beers D:

46 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

So do I

I would totally check myself in to an insane asylum if I had to sit through a boring game, which I have-- last year, and it's even worse live because you feel like you're trapped and you have to stay, to justify buying this ticket. At least at home you can change the channel, order pizza and not drink $9 beers D:

Yup... 9 $1 beers instead :) 

So necessary after many games last year.

39 minutes ago, apollo said:

I assume you're in your 20's by your profile pic, so I would recommend Library Square. Short walk up from the arena and usually has good crowd and you can mingle. Depending on the day of the week, and how late the game is over, they may charge you cover.

Shark Club is very close to it as well. 

Jimmy's tap house has relatively cheap food / beer

Or you can go near BC place and hit the Boston Pizza Stadium District

I normally do BP after games. It's a bit quieter than the pubs and I'm a fan of their food.

13 minutes ago, Merica Canuck said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Any local beer I should  I have my eye out for? Is there any good food served at Roger's Arena? 

Whenever I'm at a Canucks game I always get a chocolate and vanilla soft serve waffle cone.  Not that it's amazingly amazing but still tradition (and not super expensive).

13 minutes ago, Merica Canuck said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Any local beer I should  I have my eye out for? Is there any good food served at Roger's Arena? 

I like Granville Island beer quite a bit.

The food at the arena is alright I guess, but it's not really worth what they charge for it. 

58 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Best place to go after a Canucks game would be the Roxy so you can chat with them afterwards:o

Do Canucks even go there anymore? I know it used to be a major hot spot but I haven't gone myself in a while.

All the hockey players I'm running into are in yaletown or twelve west on granville. 

Archived