The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Sedins in the Player's Tribune

Down by the River

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No surprise I was listening to 1040 on the way home, and folks were still saying the Canucks should trade them before the deadline. 

Some folks in Vancouver make me sick. 

That is why 1040 is no longer afiliated with the Canucks. They are a cancer to the sports seen.

We have a player in Bo and possibly Boeser who look like the type of guys who would devote their entire careers to one organization.  They could hopefully be part of a cup winning team and have their names enshrined in Canuck history. Let's show them how to treat frachise type of players and allow two of our best players to go out with class. Let's cheer the twins on even as they regress. Let's not criticise them or call them selfish for not wanting to move on and bring some return to the frachise.  These guys have been class acts and have lived and breath "Canucks". Hopefully we, as fans will be so fortunate to see more players of their character grace our uniforms in the future.

5 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

If forced to place a wager I would bet they don't get traded ever. Maybe retire from the NHL and play a year or two in the SEL but no trade at the deadline.

They've already said it's Vancouver or nothing. They've said several times over the past two years when they finish here they retire as players. They've also said when they retire they're staying in Vancouver for at least a year before deciding if it's stay or return to Sweden. All their kids were born here, schooled here, and their friends are here. Vancouver is their home. Thus they are likely remaining Vancouverites in retirement. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they become Canadian citizens themselves after they retire.

3 hours ago, appleboy said:

We have a player in Bo and possibly Boeser who look like the type of guys who would devote their entire careers to one organization.  They could hopefully be part of a cup winning team and have their names enshrined in Canuck history. Let's show them how to treat frachise type of players and allow two of our best players to go out with class. Let's cheer the twins on even as they regress. Let's not criticise them or call them selfish for not wanting to move on and bring some return to the frachise.  These guys have been class acts and have lived and breath "Canucks". Hopefully we, as fans will be so fortunate to see more players of their character grace our uniforms in the future.

In 15 years from now, or so, we will remember how great the Sedins were.  They are the most dominant brothers in professional sports history. Lets not forget they are the only brother combo to win the art ross trophy

11 hours ago, IbanezRG said:

Jesus Adolf, a little excessive? why not just exterminate them while we're at t it? it's retarded to expect every user to be totally educated in all the subtle politics of the team like the hardcore minority.

didnt know we had such lunatics here.

Yeah it was just a joke, relax.

On 11/09/2017 at 10:15 AM, Tre Mac said:

Quoted, bolded, italic'ed, and underlined for truth.  Any trade proposals involving the Sedins should be immediately locked and that user should be banned.  Jam Banning will never trade the twins.

Your absolutely correct.  They keep saying it over and over again.  I must say after reading this I understand more why they tried to keep things going.  These guys will always be two of the greatest players ever to grace our club.

I hope we bring them back for 1 more year, if they're willing to take a big discount. If they're at next years camp when guys like petterson dahlen and boeser are legitimate threats to join the team, they will help push those young guys to their absolute limits. 

I think it's safe to say part of the reason Bo has already broken through is ceiling (at least based on what people were saying at his draft) is thanks to the Sedins. 

5 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

In 15 years from now, or so, we will remember how great the Sedins were.  They are the most dominant brothers in professional sports history. Lets not forget they are the only brother combo to win the art ross trophy

They are great and two of the best brothers to ever lace up skates, but they aren't Tony and Phil Esposito, nor Maurice and Henri Richard.  And that's just in hockey, not professional sports history.  They should get into the Hall of Fame, but people do tend to overstate things around here.

9 hours ago, Baggins said:

They've already said it's Vancouver or nothing. They've said several times over the past two years when they finish here they retire as players. They've also said when they retire they're staying in Vancouver for at least a year before deciding if it's stay or return to Sweden. All their kids were born here, schooled here, and their friends are here. Vancouver is their home. Thus they are likely remaining Vancouverites in retirement. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they become Canadian citizens themselves after they retire.

All correct. But years ago they said that when they finish their NHL careers they will then go back to Sweden and play for Modo. Of course that was before they had children born and raised in Vancouver, something that can certainly change your outlook.

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

They are great and two of the best brothers to ever lace up skates, but they aren't Tony and Phil Esposito, nor Maurice and Henri Richard.  And that's just in hockey, not professional sports history.  They should get into the Hall of Fame, but people do tend to overstate things around here.

Just add the twins to it and they are the best at it.  As far as overall hockey families it's hard to beat the Sutter's... Although the three Hulls did some damage too...Edit: The Howes did pretty good too.  And so did the Gretzky's ha ha.  Those points add up just because of Wayne.

Identical twins accomplishing what they have will almost certainly never be duplicated. 

I wonder what would have happened if they had been on separate teams? 

Part of me thinks that the bizarre twin ESP thing was a huge part of their success and point totals. It really was moments of amazement and awe watching the Sedins read the play during their peaks. 

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

All correct. But years ago they said that when they finish their NHL careers they will then go back to Sweden and play for Modo. Of course that was before they had children born and raised in Vancouver, something that can certainly change your outlook.

Yes sir. They don't spend as much of the off season in Sweden as they use to. I suspect that may have to do with the kids getting older and wanting more summer time with their friends here.

I may be a bit different than most on in this topic but after reading this it just makes me angry... Angry at fans, the media and specially angry at other NHL players (Benn & Seguin for example - fu*king pu**ies) that disrespect them so much and all they have done is repaid everyone with hard work and class to the very end.

People say they are weak and call them "sisters" and I still maintain they are two of the toughest guys in the league to put up with all the crap they do when the NHL turns a blind eye to the harassment they have endured.

Archived