The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2017-18 (One GM position open!)

canuck2xtreme

Rangers Camp have confirmed various twit's about cuts.  Blueliner's Gustav Bouramann ,Carl Dahlstrom, recently signed Zach Palmquist and Reid Gardiner have been confirmed as sent to the Minor League Affiliate. 

GM Primal Optimist had this to say, " I was really happy with our  recent depth signings, very pleased with the direction we are heading this year and to a man, I think these kids are very talented, this an early chapter in a very good long book for each of them."

. Wow, the day just dissappeared while i checked out the status ofmy entire 48 player stable.....haha...good fun though. As a GM who feels like everyone in this league is a PRO of some kind or another, I think I have finally found my stride in building this team up and out of the basement. Depth in net, depth on D, and some decent mix of forwards, with more coming up from the system as we march on! Heres to moving up about ten spots this year and pushing at the edges of the playoffs!!!!

SIGNING: The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed 2016 1st round pick Alex DeBrincat to a three-year entry level contract.

PIT.png.42daf686d717b5315acd529ce676f593.pngAlex DeBrincat: 3 year, $ 3.3 million dollar contract ( $ 1,100,000.00 per season ($900,000 in salary + $200,000 in yearly bonuses ).

Haven't done this in awhile (yes, I'm alive. Mostly)

Isles line-up 

Kuz-Johansen-Foligno

N. Ritchie-Bergeron-Marner

Hartman-_________-Hansen

Clifford-T. Mitchell-_________

________-_________

In camp: Kempe, Tuch, Virtanen, Kamenev, L. Brown, N. Roy, Matteau, Guryanov, McNeill

Suter-Hamilton

Garrison-Orlov

_______-_______

_________

In camp: Bigras, Sanheim, Bean, Meloche, Girard

Injured: Chychrun

Rask

_______

In camp: Martin, Hogberg, Blackwood 

Have a few holes to fill but will be looking for kids to step up and PTOs.

So Edmonton, from the TDL, through UFA & the end of summer has added Cedric Paquette, Marcus Folino, Joe Thornton, Frans Nielson, hopefully, top draft pick Lias Anderson & re-signed Matt Moulson up front to the lineup. At the expense of Jeff Skinner ( a big loss ) and prospect Kerby Rychel. 

On D, we were (cough) desperate for good young players to stabilize the team. We also managed rejuvenation project, but still talented, Derek Pouliot, stud Julius Honka & Euro Jakub Jerabek. And we re-signed Dennis Seidenberg. At the expense of Matt Hunwick. As long as the young guys play fair number of games, it is a big improvement! Some good young D was a critical get this offseason. 

To us, our lineup looks much stronger! A bit young on D suddenly? A good problem. And we may be looking to solidify our NHL backup goaltending in the trade market? Depending on how Troy Groesnick & Matt OÇonnor go through the balance of camp.  

That is the state of the union. Here is our current depth chart;

Frans Nielson Joe Thornton Michael Frolik

Carl Hagelin Tyler Bozak Nikolai Kulemin

Matt Moulson Pavel Zacha Markus Folino

Nick Lappin Lias Anderson Cedric Paquette

Jacob Josefson

Oskar Klefbom Justin Faulk

Dennis Siedenberg Julius Honka

Andrej Sustr Jakub Jerabek

Derek Pouliot Klas Dahlbeck

Pekka Rinne

Troy Groesnick

Our prospect pool also looks pretty good up front. With 5 or 6 guys challenging for some games this year, maybe one can grab an opening day spot; Nick Paul, Axel Holmstrom, Landon Ferraro, Mitch Hults & Christian Thomas. To add to Anderson. Next year there should be a bigger surge with Rasmus Asplund, Tyler Benson, stud Henrik Borgstrom, Grant Mismash & Linus Olund all projected to press for full time duty? Allthough probably not this year. We also wonder if Brian Gionta will find his way back into our lineup? 

In goal, we have prize prospect Jake Oeitinger. Troy Groenick who has been absolutely solid at the AHL level and we are hoping can grab our NHL backup job? Plus several guys, Colin Stevens, Mantas Armalis & Matt OÇonnor trying to find themselves. 

On D we have some very good under the radar guys. In Jesper Lindgren, Frederick Allard, Lucas Carlsson & Noel Hofenmyer. All developing very nicely.Maybe there is a gap between them and the guys we are banking on making our roster this year (Pouliot, Honka & Jerabek)? 

We would like to add to our depth on D and in goal!

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Yes sir.

Hit and miss for me right now but have enjoyed the program to date...I know you thought Mondays first show was garbage lol...I thought it was solid.

Congrats to you and look forward to hearing more!

Thanks, man. Looking to build, really want feedback on what we can do. I want to get creative.

We've got a new segment called 'Know Your Enemy' (RATM intro) for every night before a game. Break down the opponent and, maybe, just maybe, give the fans some fodder to use to jeer the other team. Work in progress.

4 minutes ago, theminister said:

Thanks, man. Looking to build, really want feedback on what we can do. I want to get creative.

We've got a new segment called 'Know Your Enemy' (RATM intro) for every night before a game. Break down the opponent and, maybe, just maybe, give the fans some fodder to use to jeer the other team. Work in progress.

That segment sounds really cool. 

Archived