The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2017-18 (One GM position open!)

canuck2xtreme

Just before everyone panics, no the updates aren't going to stall again.  I'm back from work but have a hockey tournament to take Connor to today, and the roads are awful. So not sure how much I'll get done before we have to leave shortly.  I will post things so they are in the thread but they may not be updated on the charts for a day or two.  Hopefully they're done sooner but just a heads up.

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Vegas Golden Knights have made a trade with the New Jersey Devils.

To NJ:
Anthony Duclair

To VGK:
Evgeny Dadonov
MTL 2019 3rd Round Draft Selection

Thanks to @canuck2xtreme for processing, and to @Mike Vanderhoek for the fun negotiations.

Several teams were interested in Duclair’s services after the trade to Chicago IRL. Knowing the hockey minds in the league that far exceed my knowledge, I was hesitant to trade him. He’s young and now on a club that won’t be in a rebuild for a long, long time. However, my team is in its first year, and I need to build assets for the future. Adding a draft pick and a steady contributor in Dadonov helps me long term. While Dadonov is in his late 20s, I also feel as though the Panthers are not too far off from getting back in the playoffs. And if they don’t make it in the next few years, he’ll likely be a trade deadline target IRL in a year or two, then.

And with that out of the way, still have lots of players available for trade. All my defensemen, aside from Ekholm, Andersson, Fantenberg, and Ozhiganov are available. So that includes the following:

- Mike Green

- Dan Hamhuis

- Marco Scandella

- Nikita Zadorov

- Jake McCabe

For forwards, all are still up for grabs. Recently acquired Evgeny Dadonov is not OTB. Alex Killorn has seen the most interest from teams, and discussions will continue to be had until either an offer seems attractive enough, or should I extend him.

Fowards:

- Spezza (willing to retain)

- Ferland (tons of interest, may move soon)

- Brouwer (willing to retain)

- Beleskey (uh huh)

- Tom Wilson (cheap contract and puts up lots of pool points)

- Matt Calvert

- Cody McCleod

- Mark Letestu

- Ryan Spooner

- Chris Stewart

For goalies, Mike Smith is available, but also not cheap.

41 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Washington Capitals have made a trade with the Carolina Hurricanes. (dated Jan 10th)

To WSH:
Patrik Laine
Matt Grzelcyk

To CAR:
Clayton Keller
WSH 2018 1st Round Draft Selection

The only way that deal makes any sense is if the 1st is #1 overall :blink:

TRADE: The Arizona Coyotes have completed a trade with the Edmonton Oilers. (dated Jan 11th)

To ARI:
Tyler Bozak

To EDM:

Ian McCoshen

Updated lineup

Parise - Duchene - Huberdeau

Palat - Bozak - Teravainen

Janmark - Rask - Gourde

Callahan - Eriksson Ek - Smith Pelley

Fischer - Leipsic

Vlasic - Rielly

Demers - Goligoski

Dillon - Borgman

Heed

Riemer

Halak

TRADE: The Washington Capitals have made a trade with the Montreal Canadiens. (dated Jan 10th)

To MTL:

J.T. Compher

Richard Panik

WPG 2018 3rd Round Draft Selection

To WSH:

Adam Lowry

Antoine Roussel

Montreal would like to thank @da.moose for what was a lengthy but eventually fruitful negotiation.

It started off a while back as a Adam Lowry discussion, and though we liked his age and contract status we thought we could parlay his playoff-bound status into something, and we asked for J.T. Compher in return. We are very high on J.T. but so were the Caps, so discussions seemed to stall there for a while.

But once Richard Panik's playoff-status changed, new life was breathed into the negotiations. We eventually agreed on adding Antoine Roussel, who is a pending UFA and appears to be playoff bound as well, and managed to get a 2018 3rd-rounder to round out the deal.

We'd like to thank Adam and Antoine for their time in Montreal, and wish them luck in their playoff runs this year. But we're very pleased to add J.T, Richard and another pick to our 2018 draft day. After the Burns/Gibbons deal and this one, the Habs now have two 1st's, two 2nd's, a 3rd and a 4th this summer plus we replenished a 2019 3rd that we'd previously moved.  

Assignment: Montreal assigns Maxim Mamin to North Dakota (no waivers required).

Updated Lineup:

Tatar - Domi - Eberle

Galchenyuk - Patrick - Neal

Compher - Eakin - Panik

Nieto - Soderberg - Connolly

Dano

E. Johnson - Dotchin

Theodore - Pesce

Hickey - Santini

Aho

Lundqvist

Neuvirth

2018 Picks: MTL 1st, VAN 1st, MTL 2nd, CGY 2nd, WPG 3rd, ARI 4th

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Washington Capitals have made a trade with the Carolina Hurricanes. (dated Jan 10th)

To WSH:
Patrik Laine
Matt Grzelcyk

To CAR:
Clayton Keller

@da.moose = Jedi ?

or as Tommy Boy would say " what in the hell was that all about ? " lol.

Good job Washington <_<

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Arizona Coyotes have completed a trade with the Edmonton Oilers. (dated Jan 11th)

To ARI:
Tyler Bozak

To EDM:

Ian McCoshen

Thanks C2X & thanks @Squeak

We have not been busy enough drafting D, so we feel fortunate to get a good young blue liner for an expiring contract.  Bit of risk, with McCoshen having played about 3/4's of the year on the third pair in Florida, about 1/4 on the fourth. But at his age, he is still young & a rookie, our assessment that is a good place for his development.  Plus there is some offensive upside from his USNTDP days.

In the last 2 & a bit years we have now acquired Justin Faulk, Julius Honka, Derek Pouliot, now Ian McCoshen & integrated Oskar Klefbom.  We hope the blue line is on its way? And some more forward pop to come shortly...

A last thanks to Tyler Bozak who did two complete contracts with the Oil! 

8 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

To WSH:
Patrik Laine
Matt Grzelcyk

To CAR:
Clayton Keller

This is one of, if not the biggest trade I have ever made as GM.

It really wasn't an easy trade to make at all. Keller, who was in our minds the best player at last years World Juniors tournament is going to be an Art Ross contender and superstar forward for many years to come. He truly has the skill set comparable to the like of Patrick Kane and Johnny Gaudreau. Trading a player of his calibre and his potential was not easy. The Hurricanes just gained a thrilling young player to build around.

What this deal came down to for me was a win now mentality like never before. In Washington I have always practiced patience with my young talent but we see a window open right now where we can truly compete. Being from Winnipeg, my love and admiration for Patrik Laine and the Winnipeg Jets makes this an exciting deal for me to make and cheering for the Jets will be that much more exciting with Laine leading my team for years to come.

When I watch Laine I see one of the biggest, strongest, most gifted goal scorers that I have ever had the pleasure of watching. He is 19 years old and will only get better. I love his attitude, his work ethic and truly believe he has the makeup of a champion.

Grzelcyk is also a player that I have tracked for a long time and I wanted to acquire in this deal. He was a great college player and represented team USA at the World Juniors years ago. Trading away my 1st round pick for a young player on a playoff team once again goes with our win now mentality but should also allow us to continue to compete for years moving forward.

I thank Tony Romo for what was a long a thoroughly discussed negotiation. Keller and Laine are both going to be star players in this league. I think what this trade will truly come down to is the player that the Canes draft with the 1st rounder sent their way.

Comments on the other deal will come at a later time. My rides here.

Archived